unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by unpaid »

MauiSun,

I believe that the Scoringlive ranks are voted on by the writers who contribute to the site .The StarAdvertiser Top Ten is voted on by the SA sportswriters and the votes from HC'S from all the island schools.

So.basically....Scoringlive use their writers. SA uses their writers and all the HS head football coaches to vote on their top ten.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

leadership wrote:We put 20 on them in the first QTR mauiguy! We should have ran away with the game and we should have demolished them. OC gotta let the QB throw deep, Kealakehe is weak on pass coverage. Whatever, we going smash Waiakea and our QB going throw for 500+ yards.
lol nice to see you're still around. If KSH could have run away with the game, then you could have demolished them. You act like they stopped scoring at 20 by choice. It looks to me like Kealakehe shut down your vaunted offense and proceeded to run the ball down your throat.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

leadership wrote:We put 20 on them in the first QTR mauiguy! We should have ran away with the game and we should have demolished them. OC gotta let the QB throw deep, Kealakehe is weak on pass coverage. Whatever, we going smash Waiakea and our QB going throw for 500+ yards.
Seriously? You used the words "should have" twice in your post while referring to your team's performance. That sounds like false confidence to me. As for the 20 Pts. in the first QTR, great offense...too bad the game isn't only 12 minutes long. As I mentioned in several earlier posts, I appreciate your confidence in your team and their coach, however, your references to your team's capabilities seem to be bordering on the edge of subjective reality! You should be honest with yourself and say that your team is really good, but could be better. Overconfidence is a dangerous thing. It has already lead to the proverbial foot-in-mouth with last weeks outing against Kealakehe. Show respect to other programs and they will in turn show respect to yours.

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

politclyincrekt wrote:
lol nice to see you're still around. If KSH could have run away with the game, then you could have demolished them. You act like they stopped scoring at 20 by choice. It looks to me like Kealakehe shut down your vaunted offense and proceeded to run the ball down your throat.
We have the top QB, RB and WR in DII, look up the stat line. we could have easily put 40 on them by half. OC held back our QB from throwing deep and that's the only reason we gave the game away. Just watch what we do to Waiakea.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

leadership wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote:
We have the top QB, RB and WR in DII, look up the stat line. we could have easily put 40 on them by half. OC held back our QB from throwing deep and that's the only reason we gave the game away. Just watch what we do to Waiakea.
From a football perspective, crushing Waiakea isn't that big of a feat (no offense to Waiakea). Your Warriors are already a game behind Konawaena whether you like it or not.

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

KS Hawaii dominating Waiakea! Back on track throwing the deep ball like we should. Look out Konawaena, here we come.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Spoke a little too fast there "Leadership"? Waiakea made a game of it and had a chance late to win it. Waiakea coach gambled and went for it on 4th and 7 and gave the ball over to Kamehameha on their 20. Kam punched it in on 4th and 10 on a broken play. The play before your star QB threw a bad pass but the DB dropped the ball on what could have been a pick six. Yes, you won a close one but this was a moral victory for Waiakea for sure. And FTR, you're not that good. Oh and I forgot to mention yet another celebration in the endzone the was flagged, while your coaches are giving the boys hi fives and a boy ejected for acting up? This arrogant behavior needs to stop and it is being condoned by the coaching staff.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

@ Leadership..."Back on track throwing the deep ball..." According to Scoringlive's stats, your rushing yardage was more than your passing. Is this a misprint? Just curious. Congratulations on the win, although it doesn't quite look like the spanking you said it would be. Reality check time...

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Nanakuli needed to start imposing their will on opponents and did so against a good Waialua team.

Lahainaluna falls to Maui.The strange thing is that the Lunas showed so much potential in the loss to Kapaa,that I was thinking maybe they could be 4-1 or 3-2 now,intead of 1-4.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Nanakuli needed to start imposing their will on opponents and did so against a good Waialua team.

Lahainaluna falls to Maui.The strange thing is that the Lunas showed so much potential in the loss to Kapaa,that I was thinking maybe they could be 4-1 or 3-2 now,intead of 1-4.
I think Lahainaluna's inexperience is kicking in.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 5,

1.Kapaa 3-0 DNP No10 Waimea next.
2.Radford 4-0 Rams continue to roll.
3.Nanankuli 3-1 Golden Hawks seem to be focused again.
4.Kamehameha-Hawaii 4-1
5.Damien 3-0 DNP
6.Konawaena 3-0 DNP
7.Pac-Five 2-0 DNP No.8 St.Francis next.
8.St.Francis 2-2 DNP No.7 Pac-Five next.
9.Kamehameha-Maui 2-2
10.Waimea 3-1 back in the top ten with the win over Kauai. No.1 Kapaa next.

Waimea could have a short return to the top ten with Kapaa next.I am really waiting for Radford-Nanakuli.That should be epic.The ILH will begin sorting itself out and Pac-Five and St.Francis tangle.

Those three teams at the top,though,I think one of them is going to win it all this year.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

It looks like Kona is playing two games next week (one on Monday, another on Saturday).

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

As I've said all along this year, Konawaena is the team to beat on the Big Island. Hilo is a good balanced team (for the BIIF) and will probably beat everyone else on the Island, but kona is the class of BIIF DII not KS Hawaii. Sorry Leadership, all the thumping of your chest won't change that fact. And they played Hilo without their best DE.

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

Getreal$ wrote:As I've said all along this year, Konawaena is the team to beat on the Big Island. Hilo is a good balanced team (for the BIIF) and will probably beat everyone else on the Island, but kona is the class of BIIF DII not KS Hawaii. Sorry Leadership, all the thumping of your chest won't change that fact. And they played Hilo without their best DE.
Hahahaha, we will take care of Hilo with no problem and when Kona comes to town we'll put up twice what we did last year, first game 20-6, championship 35-13. Like unpaid said in his ratings, Kamehameha Hawaii is better than people think. I KNOW we are better than everyone on this Island, and if the OC lets the QB's air it out, games will be over by half.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.1 Kapaa vs. No.10 Waimea. Waimea is on the comeback ,but I don't think they are enough for an entrenched contender like Kapaa. Going with Kapaa in this one.

No.7 Pac-Five and No.8 St.Francis. Picking an upset here. The Saints ,to me ,are better on offense,and they have much the better defense.I think it adds up to trouble for the Wolfpack. St.Francis is my pick here.