Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Chows Future...big Question to Ask

Post by Egonator »

The question of when and not if Chow gets fired is already general knowledge for UH fans. But when do you think he will get canned? Mid way into the season?...after the season?...at the end of next year (when his contract is set to expire)? As much as I support Chow, 95% of fans have given up on him. UH can't afford to have another bad season. Winning and faith/hope for the team solves a lot of issues... Two traits that most UH fans lost a long time ago.
Note: Our defensive coordinator does have Head coaching experience at SMU. That might be a possibility if the season starts bad for Chow

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Chows Future...big Question to Ask

Post by SundayJam »

Egonator wrote: Our defensive coordinator does have Head coaching experience at SMU. That might be a possibility if the season starts bad for Chow
The defensive coordinator is probably here because June Jones is returning. I think Chow has proven himself incapable. The desperate idiots that signed him should not have left so much room for Chow to feather bed us for such a long time. Thanks a lot Manoa.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Sorry, but this is a dumb post. The season hasn't started. I'll wait till the end of the season to comment.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

SundayJam wrote:
Egonator wrote: Our defensive coordinator does have Head coaching experience at SMU. That might be a possibility if the season starts bad for Chow
The defensive coordinator is probably here because June Jones is returning. I think Chow has proven himself incapable. The desperate idiots that signed him should not have left so much room for Chow to feather bed us for such a long time. Thanks a lot Manoa.

Let's give this team a chance. I think it is fairly reasonable to feel discouraged. Uncle Chow is on his last leg, so I think another losing season will be his last here. However, our Warriors need and derserve our support. Remember they didn't choose Chow to coach.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

TheDuke wrote:Sorry, but this is a dumb post. The season hasn't started. I'll wait till the end of the season to comment.
Your post is dumb. :bootyshake:

Sorry guys, it's been 3 years of watching a lot of losing and not one sign of brilliance. Even in June Jones' worse years there were signs of brilliance. If you can't admit that this team has been mismanaged you're deluded. There was no reason to give Chow this much time to under-perform and very little reason to believe it will change.

I'm still a fan. I just have very low expectations.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

SundayJam wrote:
TheDuke wrote:Sorry, but this is a dumb post. The season hasn't started. I'll wait till the end of the season to comment.

Sorry guys, it's been 3 years of watching a lot of losing and not one sign of brilliance. Even in June Jones' worse years there were signs of brilliance. If you can't admit that this team has been mismanaged you're deluded. There was no reason to give Chow this much time to under-perform and very little reason to believe it will change.

Well good for you. Enjoy your misery. I expect this team to improve over last year. If they don't I'll get miserable then. Until then I will remain optimistic and support the players and the coaches that are committed to UH.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

My daddy used to tell us that if you don't have anything nice to say about someone then don't say anything. As regards to the question in the thread and Chow ...
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

If Chow relinquishes complete control of the play calling to Bailey, and Bailey does well, then this becomes a very difficult question, in my mind.
It would at least demonstrate that he has learned what it will take to be a head coach. Chow would be priced about right as a steersman for a floundering mid-major athletic program.

“I will be calling ALL of the offensive plays,” clarified the University of Hawaii’s new offensive coordinator. -- http://www.pressreader.com/usa/honolulu ... 7/TextView

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I agree with TheDuke. We all expect nothing. But, I sure as hell am happy football is starting again. And I know that I haven't done much physical sacrifice in years to prepare for anything. I can be a keyboard awhole just like the rest of you. But it is just typed words. No blood or sweat ever came from a keyboard.

Let the season begin and let the chips fall where they may. What the hell is the point of throwing a bunch of craap right now. There will be plenty of time to do that later.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

So.... if you think Chow will get fired mid-season, you should wait until the end of the season to comment or risk your post being called "dumb"? It's a fair thread, in my opinion...

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Dumb post? You must be one of those five-percenters that actually think something positive will happen in year four of the Chow regime.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
SundayJam wrote:

Let's give this team a chance. I think it is fairly reasonable to feel discouraged. Uncle Chow is on his last leg, so I think another losing season will be his last here. However, our Warriors need and derserve our support. Remember they didn't choose Chow to coach.
All the Sophomores and Freshmen did. And so did some of the older guys. :oops:
I am the one who knocks.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

808Hawaii wrote:
Dumb post? You must be one of those five-percenters that actually think something positive will happen in year four of the Chow regime.
I'm could see this team winning 7 games this year :)

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

TheDuke wrote:
SundayJam wrote:

Well good for you. Enjoy your misery. I expect this team to improve over last year. If they don't I'll get miserable then. Until then I will remain optimistic and support the players and the coaches that are committed to UH.
If anyone ends up disappointed at the end of the season, they will have only themselves to blame. Their expectations were not realistic! Expect 0-13 and you can only be happy at the end of the season. :lol:
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:My daddy used to tell us that if you don't have anything nice to say about someone then don't say anything. As regards to the question in the thread and Chow ...
Hahahaha....

UH is so mismanaged, I wouldn't be surprised if Chow is allowed to coach until the end of the 2016 season, then let go. In fact, that's what I expect with this bunch of clowns running UH.
I am the one who knocks.