Hawaii predicted to finish #3 in the MWC Western Division

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hawaii predicted to finish #3 in the MWC Western Divisio

Post by SundayJam »

Nisei wrote:
SundayJam wrote: Predicting Hawaii to finish middle of the pack in a division of its own conference is nothing to cheer about. Hawaii will also be demolished by Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Boise State this year.

I'm curious to see what happens with new coaching schemes, but there is no way we are bowl bound this year.
You won't cheer, but I will.

Hawaii has been terrible.
We finished 4th last year. This year we're predicted to finish 3rd...and you're cheering?!!! Honestly, I'd like to cheer, but I've forgotten how. It's been so long.

Besides playing Fresno St and SDSU, which are both predicted to finish on top, we play Nevada and UNLV in away games. I really don't see us winning those games because Chow can't seem to win games on the road.

CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider

Post by CoconutKid »

xer 21 wrote:
CoconutKid wrote:

You mean the guy who has thrown less than 100 passes? I've made it perfectly clear in past posts that there are no guarantees. But I'm anxious to see what he offers, giving what we've already seen. Regarding accuracy, feel free to compare him to Ikaika who has played more than an 1 season and almost 500 passes. Yet he's hasn't even completed 50% of his passes. Yeah you're right. Let's play Ikaika.
im no fan of Ikaika, but this team had more drops than EDC. Meanwhile, Wittek was throwing to Nelson Agholor.

that's not a fair comparison.
Max played 3 games in 2012 and just 1 game in 2013.

So let's take 2012. You believe Wittek, a redshirt freshman should have been throwing to Nelson Agholor. Once you realized that Agholor played in 2012 did you put any more thought at all in your response? Nelson Agholor was a true freshman who caught a whopping 19 passes and an eye popping 2 touchdowns. The least you could have done was realize Marquis Lee was the primary target. But even stating that is simplistic.

But that's not the point. There's no use in explaining it over and over, so I'll just say that I'm glad Wittek is here and while there's no guarantee, I think he'll be an improvement over Woolsey. Potentially a big improvement.

amela

Post by amela »

So I guess most of you guys feel the same way about the good Hawaii high school players that they suck too since they have never played a down in D-1 football.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

amela wrote:So I guess most of you guys feel the same way about the good Hawaii high school players that they suck too since they have never played a down in D-1 football.
Where do you get the "most" from?

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

madeinhawaii wrote:
amela wrote:So I guess most of you guys feel the same way about the good Hawaii high school players that they suck too since they have never played a down in D-1 football.
Where do you get the "most" from?
+ Hawaii is 2nd or 3rd per capita in producing D1 football players. Where have you been for the last 10-15 years?

The difference is our talented guys are usually lineman and many don't have the speed to be elite college and/or NFL guys, but thats true for most high school "stars".

Also, there are huge educational gaps that limit some FB players options if they have any, thanks to the $hitty school system.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

UH Football ranked 3rd in the West Division and Chow ranked the #1 MWC Coach on the Hot Seat this year (#20 in the FBS). With rankings like these in addition to an extremely crippling schedule this year, UH should start wasting time and money in looking for a committee to select a committee to find committee to select the next head coach so we'll have someone by spring ball.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

tom-WarriorNation wrote:by the new magazine Harris College Football at newsstands now!

Predicted 1st was SDSU; followed by #2 Fresno St.

But I predict we can beat SDSU & Fresno St. since we are playing them at home:

http://hawaiiathletics.com/schedule.asp ... h=football

GO WARRIORS!
I agree. We have them at home at that makes a difference.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

BullNuts808 wrote:UH Football ranked 3rd in the West Division and Chow ranked the #1 MWC Coach on the Hot Seat this year (#20 in the FBS). With rankings like these in addition to an extremely crippling schedule this year, UH should start wasting time and money in looking for a committee to select a committee to find committee to select the next head coach so we'll have someone by spring ball.

Once again, Chow is underrated. Just no respect to be rated #20 overall. Should have been top 5.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

My3Cats wrote:
BullNuts808 wrote:UH Football ranked 3rd in the West Division and Chow ranked the #1 MWC Coach on the Hot Seat this year (#20 in the FBS). With rankings like these in addition to an extremely crippling schedule this year, UH should start wasting time and money in looking for a committee to select a committee to find committee to select the next head coach so we'll have someone by spring ball.

Once again, Chow is underrated. Just no respect to be rated #20 overall. Should have been top 5.
:lol:

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

BullNuts808 wrote:
My3Cats wrote:

:lol:
Like most of us, Uncle Chow's prime was decades ago. He did run some productive offenses and was a "QB Guru". Also, like the corporate world, some people are better at doing a specific function/job and are unable to manage. Two different skills. I'd say the latter is not in Uncle Chow's skillset.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

SundayJam wrote:Joe Flacco is probably the best argument for crappy top tier cfb rejects that do well on the next level. He went on to an FCS school and is now a veteran NFL starter. I still don't like Flacco, but he's made it.

Predicting Hawaii to finish middle of the pack in a division of its own conference is nothing to cheer about. Hawaii will also be demolished by Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Boise State this year.

I'm curious to see what happens with new coaching schemes, but there is no way we are bowl bound this year.
Might not be something to cheer about but being picked third is two spots higher than any other respectable prognosticator picked us.
I am the one who knocks.