Play Maker

aaron zwahlen 4* checks in tuesday

Post by st808 »

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: aaron zwahlen 4* checks in tuesday

Post by J-Rod »

Eh, only ESPN ranked Zwahlen 4-Stars. They hand those out far too liberally. Rivals, Scout, and 24/7...far more reputable recruiting outlets than ESPN, all thought Zwahlen was average. It's the Elite 11 bias.

For example, Fresno landed a "4-Star QB" in Zach Greenlee, an Elite 11 QB himself. Again, like Zwahlen, only ESPN liked Greenlee. All the other recruiting services thought he was "meh". Sure enough, Greenlee looked absolutely horrendous at Fresno's QB in his brief stints, displaying a noodle arm and panicked easily. He was dominated by Wyoming, who in turn was dominated by Ikaika Woolsey...to paint a picture for you.

The only time I'll bank on someone being a 4-Star QB is if ALL the recruiting services have high marks on the player, not just ESPN, who holds a bias towards the kids that attend their camps.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Give the young man some credit. At least he has more than 2 stars - Chow's usual recruits. Of course it helps that the players attend camps to boost their visibility too. And Zwahlen did have some credible offers from P5 schools.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

My3Cats wrote:Give the young man some credit. At least he has more than 2 stars - Chow's usual recruits. Of course it helps that the players attend camps to boost their visibility too. And Zwahlen did have some credible offers from P5 schools.
Zwahlen was rated 2-Stars by both Rivals and Scout. He had offers from Idaho and Washington State. Many are confusing "offers" with interest. He received a lot of "interest" from P5 schools, not actual offers. There is a reason he had to settle for Hawaii.

Markazulu
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Markazulu »

Very Excited to see how him/riley/wittek and a improved woolsey do.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

J-Rod wrote:
My3Cats wrote:Give the young man some credit. At least he has more than 2 stars - Chow's usual recruits. Of course it helps that the players attend camps to boost their visibility too. And Zwahlen did have some credible offers from P5 schools.
Zwahlen was rated 2-Stars by both Rivals and Scout. He had offers from Idaho and Washington State. Many are confusing "offers" with interest. He received a lot of "interest" from P5 schools, not actual offers. There is a reason he had to settle for Hawaii.
Mea culpa. And that means that Chow still sucks hairy ballz.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

amela

Post by amela »

Instead of criticizing these kids and hurting their parents you should be encouraging them. Give your kids at least one star up from zero, hello. They might feel better.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Luckily, he's got 5 to play 4...by then Uncle Norm will be sipping mai tais at his beach house in SoCal. Young players mental and physical composition changes so much at his age, whcih means that anything is possible, including him being a total stud...we'll see
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:

Luckily, he's got 5 to play 4...by then Uncle Norm will be sipping mai tais at his beach house in SoCal. Young players mental and physical composition changes so much at his age, whcih means that anything is possible, including him being a total stud...we'll see
+1
I am the one who knocks.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

No offense to the young man, but why in the hell does he have Mr Colt Brennan's number? It should be retired.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
No offense to the young man, but why in the hell does he have Mr Colt Brennan's number? It should be retired.
That's a lot of pressure on a young guy.
I am the one who knocks.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

what a bunch of doom and gloomers.

Maybe wearing Colts number will motivate him. Why pressure?

Lots of recruits don't get recruited by some schools because they have made it very clear that they don't plan on going to a certain geo or have made a solid commit someplace else. It also depends on how deep the QB class is. And many teams don't want players that go on a mission. They need help now and won't wait for a player. All QBs out of HS are rated on productivity at the HS level and potential at the college level. This guy has performed at the HS level. He also has 2 yrs of a mission under his belt. 2 years of adversity and maturity.

I look forward to seeing what this man can do.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

TheDuke wrote:what a bunch of doom and gloomers.

Lots of recruits don't get recruited by some schools because they have made it very clear that they don't plan on going to a certain geo or have made a solid commit someplace else. It also depends on how deep the QB class is. And many teams don't want players that go on a mission. They need help now and won't wait for a player. All QBs out of HS are rated on productivity at the HS level and potential at the college level. This guy has performed at the HS level. He also has 2 yrs of a mission under his belt. 2 years of adversity and maturity.

When someone accomplishes as much as Colt did, you reitre his number...it is classy and builds tradition. This is not a knock on the new QB. I also believe Al's 54 should be retired.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Palolo_2LA wrote:
TheDuke wrote:what a bunch of doom and gloomers.

When someone accomplishes as much as Colt did, you reitre his number...it is classy and builds tradition. This is not a knock on the new QB. I also believe Al's 54 should be retired.
When you have over 100 players on the roster (including redshirts and scout team, etc.), you need every number.
I am the one who knocks.