Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Re: spring football rants

Post by 808Hawaii »

madeinhawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:Yeah. Wittek seems to throw too many INTs.
Umm in 95 attempts he's only thrown 3. :-?
I counted 6 in the practice reports during the 11's. 3 on April 30th alone.
Two INTs in the Spring game that didn't happen.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

CoconutKid wrote:
Makana wrote:
Actually it's 3 TDs vs 6 INTs.

I'm not worried about the stats.

The 95 attempts is equivalent to about 3-4 games. So from an experience perspective, he's has very little. What I will concern myself with, is his progress through the season.
Less than 53% completion rate in 95 attempts. Been sacked seven times. How many career starts does he have. Why is everyone so excited about this guy?
I am the one who knocks.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

The starting QB should shine in practice. He knows the defense better than he knows anyone else's. 3TDs to 6 INTs worries me. Even, Timmy Chang, I believe had a 1 to 1 ratio.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

madeinhawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:
Practice is practice, that's where you want to throw INT's and correct your mistakes, EVERYONE throws INT's in practice. I was talking about pass attempts in real games.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

Makana wrote:
Practice is practice, that's where you want to throw INT's and correct your mistakes, EVERYONE throws INT's in practice. I was talking about pass attempts in real games.
I don't think anyone ever 'wants' to throw interceptions -- practice or whenever. And more often than not, how you perform in practice is how you perform at game time.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
madeinhawaii wrote:
Makana wrote: Umm in 95 attempts he's only thrown 3. :-?
Show us where you found he threw only three ints. Or are you just making up stuff in an attempt to discredit me? Bahahahahaha....
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote: Show us where you found he threw only three ints. Or are you just making up stuff in an attempt to discredit me? Bahahahahaha....
It was 6 INT's my mistake I was looking at TD's, but is that still all that much for playing in and out in 95 attempts??
Last edited by Makana on Thu May 21, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

madeinhawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:
I don't think anyone ever 'wants' to throw interceptions -- practice or whenever. And more often than not, how you perform in practice is how you perform at game time.
Of course no wants to throw INT's in practice, but throwing INT's IN practice is inevitable. For one, he's learning a new playbook the verbiage is gonna be different. Two, this is the first time he's working with these receivers and the new comers, you are bound to have miscommunication in routes. Three, now I'm not sure if you have ever played the position or no someone who has but in practice are you gonna work on your intermediate to deep routes or are you gonna take the check down 60% of the time??
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
808Hawaii wrote: Show us where you found he threw only three ints. Or are you just making up stuff in an attempt to discredit me? Bahahahahaha....
It was 6 INT's my mistake I was looking at TD's, but is that still all that much for playing in and out in 95 attempts??
Well, let's put it this way. The knock on Timmy Chang was too many INTs. Timmy had 80 career INTs in 2,436 attempts. That's about 3.3%. Wittek has six in 95 attempts, 6.3%. That's almost twice the frequency of Timmy Chang.
I am the one who knocks.

CoconutKid
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by CoconutKid »

808Hawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:
Well, let's put it this way. The knock on Timmy Chang was too many INTs. Timmy had 80 career INTs in 2,436 attempts. That's about 3.3%. Wittek has six in 95 attempts, 6.3%. That's almost twice the frequency of Timmy Chang.
There's a line, "Don't be a Stat Scout". It means don't define a player purely by numbers without any context. That's exactly what you're doing. You are comparing TC's entire career with Max's 95 career passes, mostly as a freshman. With respect to Spring practice, Fall practice, game practice and game day play, Spring practice is easily the most meaningless.

I'm not saying Wittek the answer. I'm saying, giving the QB play over the last 3 years, I'll gladly give Wittek every opportunity to win the job.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

CoconutKid wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:[quote="Makana]
There's a line, "Don't be a Stat Scout". It means don't define a player purely by numbers without any context. That's exactly what you're doing. You are comparing TC's entire career with Max's 95 career passes, mostly as a freshman. With respect to Spring practice, Fall practice, game practice and game day play, Spring practice is easily the most meaningless.

I'm not saying Wittek the answer. I'm saying, giving the QB play over the last 3 years, I'll gladly give Wittek every opportunity to win the job.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
No. What I'm really doing is discrediting Makana's posts. He was trying to say six INTs in 95 is not that much. I'm comparing Wittek to Chang. :evil:
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote:
CoconutKid wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:[quote="Makana]

I'm not saying Wittek the answer. I'm saying, giving the QB play over the last 3 years, I'll gladly give Wittek every opportunity to win the job.
[/quote][/quote]
No. What I'm really doing is discrediting Makana's posts. He was trying to say six INTs in 95 is not that much. I'm comparing Wittek to Chang. :evil:[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

You gotta be fricking kidding me DUDE HE WAS A FRESHMAN THAT THREW 5 PICKS and 1 his Sophomore year, get off of it. Why really steps in from day one right outta high school and lights it up like Peyton Manning right outta high school.

Also I don't get the Wittek and Chang comparisons either you're gonna have to explain that one to me.

You and you're stats, it seems you know very little about football and nothing but a stat junkie. You ever played before??
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
I said Wittek seems to throw too many INTs. You don't know the difference between the INT and TD column. Yeah, I look at a lot of stats. And I'm aware that Stats are a lot like bikinis - shows a lot but not everything. An you say you want to throw INTs in practice. Whatevers dude. Another stat you might not know, 24 ints in high school. Again, I'll say he seemd to throw too many INTs.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Reading Makana and 808Hawaii's running barbs in two different threads is like watching a ping pong match. I did thoroughly enjoy watching Maggie Q in Balls of Fury.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

My3Cats wrote:Reading Makana and 808Hawaii's running barbs in two different threads is like watching a ping pong match. I did thoroughly enjoy watching Maggie Q in Balls of Fury.
How's about PING PONG PLAYA? Entertaining movie. Mindless comedy.
I am the one who knocks.