Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Re: 2015 spring practice schedule and reports

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote:
Makana wrote: I know what you said, hence the reason I quoted you. :roll:

But just because Kennedy will slide inside don't assume that the pass rush will be hindered, for one, do you even know what the D-lines gap assignments will be?? One or Two, 3-tech or 0-tech?? And from what I've seen of Shawley I'd put him at the Will, installing him at RDE could limit his pass rushing ability.

But as I've stated before if you wanna run a 3-4 or Hybrid, they need to recruit hard for NT's.
So again I ask, who are your candidates to fill these positions? If Kennedy moves to NT, who will start and be in the rotation at DE? Who will spell Kennedy at NT?

It will be really tough to recruit any position while Chow is here. The word is out. Chow may be here just one more year and he's a real male anatomy to play for.
Why are you shying away from the real point to my post?? Re-read my post I'm not arguing personnel or the depth chart.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
Makana wrote: I know what you said, hence the reason I quoted you. :roll:

But just because Kennedy will slide inside don't assume that the pass rush will be hindered, for one, do you even know what the D-lines gap assignments will be?? One or Two, 3-tech or 0-tech?? And from what I've seen of Shawley I'd put him at the Will, installing him at RDE could limit his pass rushing ability.

But as I've stated before if you wanna run a 3-4 or Hybrid, they need to recruit hard for NT's.
So again I ask, who are your candidates to fill these positions? If Kennedy moves to NT, who will start and be in the rotation at DE? Who will spell Kennedy at NT?

It will be really tough to recruit any position while Chow is here. The word is out. Chow may be here just one more year and he's a real male anatomy to play for.
Why are you shying away from the real point to my post?? Re-read my post I'm not arguing personnel or the depth chart.
Then you missed the entire point of my posts. It doesn't matter which players are in the DE rotation. Without Kennedy in the DE mix, the pass rush will be hindered regardless of gap assignments. If Shawley isn't at RDE, I have no idea who will be.
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote: Then you missed the entire point of my posts. It doesn't matter which players are in the DE rotation. Without Kennedy in the DE mix, the pass rush will be hindered regardless of gap assignments. If Shawley isn't at RDE, I have no idea who will be.
Gap assignments won't matter.....SMFH. Yup you've never played football before done talking with you.

Oh yeah Shawley at DE in a 3-4, and you say gap assignments won't matter!!!!! LMFAO :lol:
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
808Hawaii wrote: Then you missed the entire point of my posts. It doesn't matter which players are in the DE rotation. Without Kennedy in the DE mix, the pass rush will be hindered regardless of gap assignments. If Shawley isn't at RDE, I have no idea who will be.
Gap assignments won't matter.....SMFH. Yup you've never played football before done talking with you.

Oh yeah Shawley at DE in a 3-4, and you say gap assignments won't matter!!!!! LMFAO :lol:
Yeah. We can't all be geniuses like you that can't tell the difference between the INTs column and the TDs column, and want to throw INTs in practice. Man, I wish I knew football like you. NOT!
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:

For the third time, who's going to be in the Dline rotation?
I am the one who knocks.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:

Yeah. We can't all be geniuses like you that can't tell the difference between the INTs column and the TDs column, and want to throw INTs in practice. Man, I wish I knew football like you. NOT!
Dude you continue to take things personal with me and just poke fun at me but whatever, I make a simple mistake and you're all over me that all you got. Let's get back to talking football kid, all you do is just keep avoiding the real subject at hand and that is you said pass rush would be hindered with Kennedy at NT, so tell me WHY they will be, say the defense runs a one-gap as opposed to a two-gap??

You once asked me who I would put at DE well since the team is a bit more stacked at OL than DL I'd say Dejon Allen and Kory Rasmussen over Luke Shawley no doubt. I would assume with lining up a light D-line we would go with a one-gap D-line instead of playing gap control. Shawley with his pass rush, I would put at Will-backer, Jeremy Castro would be my Sam-backer, Fonua at the Mike, but I'm really not too sure who would play Ted. That would be my front seven pending of course my Ted LB.
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
Dude you continue to take things personal with me and just poke fun at me but whatever, I make a simple mistake and you're all over me that all you got. Let's get back to talking football kid, all you do is just keep avoiding the real subject at hand and that is you said pass rush would be hindered with Kennedy at NT, so tell me WHY they will be, say the defense runs a one-gap as opposed to a two-gap??

You once asked me who I would put at DE well since the team is a bit more stacked at OL than DL I'd say Dejon Allen and Kory Rasmussen over Luke Shawley no doubt. I would assume with lining up a light D-line we would go with a one-gap D-line instead of playing gap control. Shawley with his pass rush, I would put at Will-backer, Jeremy Castro would be my Sam-backer, Fonua at the Mike, but I'm really not too sure who would play Ted. That would be my front seven pending of course my Ted LB.
If you take your best, your only good DE and put him at NT, of course your defensive rush will be hindered. The problem will be exacerbated when we don't have good candidates to fill in at the starting or back up DE positions. And who will spell Tulimasealii when he has to come out? Our Dline is in a world of hurt. I don't have the football background to give you the details you are trying to get from me. Most of the posters here don't. But to say you need to have been a coach or player to know the team sucks is like saying you have to be a Sous Chef to know the food at this restaurant sucks.

Moving some excess OL to DL might be our best option. But Dejon Allen is our best RG, hand down. Please don't move him. He started 11 games as a redshirt freshman last season and didn't allow a single sack. Yeah, I'm a stats guy. I research stuff before I post. Kory Rasmussen could be helpful at DE but he's a Junior that hasn't played a down since high school. Linebackers, I'm not too concerned about our LBs. In fact, that's probably our strongest unit on defense. We have some depth at LB. I'm comfortable with our DBs as well.
I am the one who knocks.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Guys, we only have 8 defensive linemen to fill 3 positions. A couple of those guys weigh less than 220 lbs. Even if everyone stays healthy, we're still way too low on bodies.

On offense, we only have 10 linemen to fill 5 positions. Afusia and Shigematsu are not gonna play this year. Who's gonna replace them? I think we lost a few seasoned back-ups as well. I would be willing to wager that this is the least amount of offensive linemen we've ever had on our roster.

I think we're screwed on both sides of the ball. =D> Great job of recruiting and managing the team, coach.

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

SundayJam wrote:Guys, we only have 8 defensive linemen to fill 3 positions. A couple of those guys weigh less than 220 lbs. Even if everyone stays healthy, we're still way too low on bodies.

On offense, we only have 10 linemen to fill 5 positions. Afusia and Shigematsu are not gonna play this year. Who's gonna replace them? I think we lost a few seasoned back-ups as well. I would be willing to wager that this is the least amount of offensive linemen we've ever had on our roster.

I think we're screwed on both sides of the ball. =D> Great job of recruiting and managing the team, coach.
I agree with the bold.

[sarcasm meter is on]
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Makana
Starter
Starter

Post by Makana »

808Hawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:

If you take your best, your only good DE and put him at NT, of course your defensive rush will be hindered. The problem will be exacerbated when we don't have good candidates to fill in at the starting or back up DE positions. And who will spell Tulimasealii when he has to come out? Our Dline is in a world of hurt. I don't have the football background to give you the details you are trying to get from me. Most of the posters here don't. But to say you need to have been a coach or player to know the team sucks is like saying you have to be a Sous Chef to know the food at this restaurant sucks.

Moving some excess OL to DL might be our best option. But Dejon Allen is our best RG, hand down. Please don't move him. He started 11 games as a redshirt freshman last season and didn't allow a single sack. Yeah, I'm a stats guy. I research stuff before I post. Kory Rasmussen could be helpful at DE but he's a Junior that hasn't played a down since high school. Linebackers, I'm not too concerned about our LBs. In fact, that's probably our strongest unit on defense. We have some depth at LB. I'm comfortable with our DBs as well.
RE: First Paragraph: I think you contradict yourself from the beginning of the paragraph to the end. Like I said he have to know if we will run a one or two-gap scheme to answer it but you continue to disregard that. I also think your analogy is horrible btw, the team doesn't suck it's just not being properly coached IMO.

RE: Second Paragraph: You asked me who I would put at DE, and I would've put Allen at DE from the start because as a FAN I could see that help was needed more on the DL side rather than the OL side. Rasmussen looks like the perfect 5-technqiue DL, probably the best option at DE IMO, who else is there??
― Albert Einstein

-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

SundayJam wrote:Guys, we only have 8 defensive linemen to fill 3 positions. A couple of those guys weigh less than 220 lbs. Even if everyone stays healthy, we're still way too low on bodies.

Yep. Chow and company gets all the credit.
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Makana wrote:
808Hawaii wrote:
Makana wrote:

RE: First Paragraph: I think you contradict yourself from the beginning of the paragraph to the end. Like I said he have to know if we will run a one or two-gap scheme to answer it but you continue to disregard that. I also think your analogy is horrible btw, the team doesn't suck it's just not being properly coached IMO.

RE: Second Paragraph: You asked me who I would put at DE, and I would've put Allen at DE from the start because as a FAN I could see that help was needed more on the DL side rather than the OL side. Rasmussen looks like the perfect 5-technqiue DL, probably the best option at DE IMO, who else is there??
OK. I don't want to say the team sucks. The coaches have really done a poor job. You realize Rasmussen hasn't played since he graduated from high school in 2011, right? But still, he is one of our best candidates to be in the DL rotation. If Tulimasealii is indeed moved to NT, Rasmussen could be a starting DE.
I am the one who knocks.