Warriors will have 3 game series with Oregon Ducks

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Warriors will have 3 game series with Oregon Ducks

Post by Irse »

Starting 2020. I guess I can go to the games with my walker by then. :D
The University of Hawaii has signed to play a three-game football series with Oregon, the schools have confirmed.

The Rainbow Warriors will play in Eugene in 2020 and 2023 and the Ducks will come to Aloha Stadium in 2024.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/brea ... =294412851
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Warriors will have 3 game series with Oregon Ducks

Post by My3Cats »

I'm hoping that UH will still have a football program when the time comes.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

You like bet?

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Finally. Would to see UH play Cal or UCLA too.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Great but I'm wondering what the landscape of College Football will look like in 5 years.
Hope the Power 5 doesn't bail on the Mid Majors.

Our 2016 recruits (Milton, Timoteo) will be 5th year Seniors.
Our LDS guys, Mack Richards, Kamuela Borden will be Juniors

Oh and Oregon may have a QB named Tua Tagavailoa :o

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Yeah, these are tense times in college football history. Questioning whether UH has a program at all is a little hyperbolish for now, but I wouldn't be shocked if the non-P5's (or Group of 5 schools) are essentially the new FCS by the time 2024 comes around. UH may be to Oregon what Weber State is to Hawaii right now.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

There's a good chance we will not have a team by the end of that three year run. But if we're still around, it will be three very needed big pay days for the UHAD.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Based on what I read in Ferd's column in this morning's S-A, the 2020 game at Oregon is the "bounty" game, aka bodybag, at $1 million paid to UH, whereas the 2023 and 2024 games are essentially home and home affairs where the home schools provide $500,000 to the visitor. I'm good for that. Oregon is obviously looking to continue their Hawaii recruiting pipeline but that's okay too. At least UH gets a top-tier opponent on the schedule.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

EITSwarrior wrote:Finally. Would to see UH play Cal or UCLA too.
Per Ferd in today's S-A, UH at UCLA in 2017 for 6K payday.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

J-Rod wrote:Yeah, these are tense times in college football history. Questioning whether UH has a program at all is a little hyperbolish for now, but I wouldn't be shocked if the non-P5's (or Group of 5 schools) are essentially the new FCS by the time 2024 comes around. UH may be to Oregon what Weber State is to Hawaii right now.
I'm a true Green UH fan, but I have to disagree with your analogy. Right now, UH is to Oregon as to what Charleston Southern was to Hawaii for their two bodybag games at No-Aloha against the Warriors. 66-10 and 66-7.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

I just cannot see UH dropping football altogether. Football is the cash cow in the department. If they fold, the entire department folds. I cannot guarantee things will get much better. The MW is a tougher conference than the old new WAC, and we're not playing 8 home games a season. Really, we can only hope to get back to 7-8 win type seasons and win the Hawaii Bowl. That is a dream scenario compared to what is happening now.

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

I think Hawaii has won the last three meetings against the ducks. Hawaii added two games against the ducks, one in 1992 and 1994 and won both. They added the Ducks after Pacific dropped football and had to fill those dates. That 1994 ducks team went to the Rose bowl.

Even after UH won those two games and one in 1988 if I remember correctly, The ducks tried to add more games against Hawaii, but UH said no at that time. Back than UH said no because they felt the ducks where recruiting Hawaii to well. Also back than it was a 2 for 1 offer with the ducks offering to come to Hawaii twice.

Now 20 years later, it's Hawaii that must travel to Eugene twice and Oregon has been winning the recruiting battles in Hawaii for some time.

Not sure how adding the ducks helps Hawaii out in the future other than the $.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Maui Boy in Alaska wrote:I think Hawaii has won the last three meetings against the ducks. Hawaii added two games against the ducks, one in 1992 and 1994 and won both. They added the Ducks after Pacific dropped football and had to fill those dates. That 1994 ducks team went to the Rose bowl.

Even after UH won those two games and one in 1988 if I remember correctly ....
sounds like you are going to be using a walker to get to the game like the rest of us ... :lol:

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

Why rule us out of these games when its way down the road? Yea if we played this past year or the year before, the chances are we would have gotten smashed. But they can't be dominant forever. FSU and Florida were dominant in the 90s, then years with Tebow for Florida and recently Winston for FSU were good for them. Besides those years, they weren't dominant.....still good teams but not dominant......You never know with sports, thats what keeps it interesting.....who knows if TUA will be the QB Marcus was for Oregon, or will he even end up there.....and Milton could lead our team similar to Colt did for us......you just never know

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

nostra_808 wrote:Why rule us out of these games when its way down the road? Yea if we played this past year or the year before, the chances are we would have gotten smashed. But they can't be dominant forever. FSU and Florida were dominant in the 90s, then years with Tebow for Florida and recently Winston for FSU were good for them. Besides those years, they weren't dominant.....still good teams but not dominant......You never know with sports, thats what keeps it interesting.....who knows if TUA will be the QB Marcus was for Oregon, or will he even end up there.....and Milton could lead our team similar to Colt did for us......you just never know
We are pretty much ruled out because they have a pipeline of talent from southern cal, northern cal, the northwest, Hawaii, and just about everywhere else ...

We get the leftovers from the those places and we lose the best we have from home.

There is very little hope that second tier conferences will get any respect. There is a good chance we fade away. But hey, you are correct ... anything is possible.