Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Norm Chow Fired?

Post by Egonator »

Now that he has a 2 game winning streak will UH keep Norm Chow? After all it is an improvement from 2012 and 2013

BigWave96744

Re: Norm Chow Fired?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Norm improved from #10 to #29.
He is a few spots away from the safezone
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Yes. If they win this one, 99% sure Chow will return. It's an improvement. In the "right" direction. And now, all the guys are Chow guys. So everything is his vision and plan now. Chow can say, if they had another game, they would win that one too.

If Chow would have lost the last 3 games, I would say 75% he is fired.

If Chow looses this last game. I would say 60% chance he gets fired. Take the last game for example, it was luck. The wins have not been all the decisive or commanding.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Week 13 and Hawaii is still chasing championships :)

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

For once in the Chow era, we are actually chasing a championship. haaaaa. Good catch BW. :lol:
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Niele
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Niele »

I hope we get thrashed

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

I would very much be happiest if the Warriors win this Saturday vs. Fresno State, and for Norm Chow to gracefully step down for family reasons. Ben Jay can work on a financial settlement with him, much as when Greg McMackin "retired", for less than the contracted amount, just because he cares about the players and the program.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I think we're stuck with Chow. He'll never coach anywhere again and he knows it. Since he's not a quitter, he'll just have to keep playing his losing hand.

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None

Post by travo66 »

My3Cats wrote:I would very much be happiest if the Warriors win this Saturday vs. Fresno State, and for Norm Chow to gracefully step down for family reasons. Ben Jay can work on a financial settlement with him, much as when Greg McMackin "retired", for less than the contracted amount, just because he cares about the players and the program.
I can't agree with this more. I want the team to win for the team, but want NC gone as a head coach. This thread is misleading; it got my hopes up that there were some rumors going around that he'd be gone after this season...
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I really want us to win. Especially after the way we ended the last game. But I still don't see any improvement as far as the way Norm Chow coaches. Our team is improving, but not Chow.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Niele wrote:I hope we get thrashed
Wow!! Really!! [-X [-X [-X

travo66
Starter
Starter
MLB: None

Post by travo66 »

ulua wrote:
Even if it leads to NC getting fired, you wouldn't want this?
Bored in the offseason? Join Goal Line Blitz!

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

travo66 wrote:
ulua wrote:
Even if it leads to NC getting fired, you wouldn't want this?
Absolutely NO!!!... What this program needs is a good showing by the team at Fresno ~ for even if they lose, a good solid 4 Qtrs by the team would be enough to prove to the underclassmen that all the hard work and effort they made for the team was worth it. Something to build on for next year. FACE FACTS ~ as Coach Chow has stated, this team isn't talented enough (yet... IMHO) to play and make mistakes and still win games. They are truly very much in middle of the pack talent-wise in the MWC-West. The schedule this year was brutal, and niggling injuries (and simple mistakes) really hurt them at critical moments in games.

What makes me angry is the thinking by too many here that the s**t doesn't smell in Hawaii... and the grass will be greener for another Coach who could replace Coach Chow. It won't. U.H. can't afford the (Coaching) talent that the larger more well-heeled programs (PAC12, SEC, etc) take for granted. U.H. was damn LUCKY to get Coach Chow to "come home" for the price they paid. He's known and for the most part respected nationally; which does help the program in the long run. We should be HAPPY considering the circumstances ~ that the one thing this team has shown is "MOXY"... and that is something we should give the coaching staff some credit for. Will the Coach Chow recruits prove to be program-changers???... take it up higher in the conference??? I don't know... But I do know that there's an even bigger gamble to be had if there is a coaching change after this season. We're not going to 'get' a top tier coach for the amount U.H. is wanting or capable of paying.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

This team is learning to win. With Chow at the helm in 2015 we should have a winning season. If we switch coaching now we will have 2-3 more losing seasons and UH football might not survive. Go Warriors! I will be there this Saturday.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

TheDuke wrote:This team is learning to win. With Chow at the helm in 2015 we should have a winning season. If we switch coaching now we will have 2-3 more losing seasons and UH football might not survive. Go Warriors! I will be there this Saturday.
Here, I respectfully disagree. There is no guarantee one way or the other that Chow can field a winning program as HC; likewise, there is also no guarantee one way or the other that we will field a losing team with a new coach. Not at all. In today's highly competitive environment more and more Coaches are demonstrating success from season 1. In any event, if UH loses badly to Fresno, the perception of keeping Chow will result in future loss of season tickets, advertising, PPV both home and business, etc. A new coach could help spike the season ticket sales and bring fresh interest to the program.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com