Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
warriorfan70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

A Real Class Act Norm Chow

Post by warriorfan70 »

Great win this past Sat
A great way to send the Seniors out.
Unfortunately, There was a sad chapter written.
Two of the Seniors, that were not hurt and eligible to play, put five years into the program, but were not good enough to play one down in front of their family and fans. Not one down They are the first two seniors that have not been allowed to enter the game for 15 years. Those two players are Frank Loyd Jr and David Lefotu. Not one down. So sad. Here we were in a mean less game that was gear to recognize our senior and these two young men have worked their butts off and not one down.
So much for the current coaching staff caring about their Players and the contributions they made to the program. SO SAD Way to go Coach

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: A Real Class Act Norm Chow

Post by amela »

We could have used only seniors instead of our best players.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

David Lefotu shows up on the participation list of the official scorer. But both played, see screen grabs.

#70 Frank Loyd

#76 David Lefotu

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

warriorfan70 wrote:Great win this past Sat
Two of the Seniors, that were not hurt and eligible to play, put five years into the program, but were not good enough to play one down in front of their family and fans. Not one down They are the first two seniors that have not been allowed to enter the game for 15 years. Those two players are Frank Loyd Jr and David Lefotu. Not one down. So sad. Here we were in a mean less game that was gear to recognize our senior and these two young men have worked their butts off and not one down.
So much for the current coaching staff caring about their Players and the contributions they made to the program. SO SAD Way to go Coach
A)as much as i hate Chow, you play to win, and considering that we had to do it on the very last play, you cannot fault chow for not playing his best guys (in his opinion) every play mattered, and well, that's tough luck.

B) uhwarriors post makes this whole post null.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

warriorfan70 wrote:Great win this past Sat
ok so you were proven wrong with those screen shots......but im singling out a piece of your post......were you saying this game we won was a "meaning less game"? really? why? there is a possibility we could play in the MWC championship! http://www.mwcconnection.com/2014/11/17 ... title-game....our chances are slim but there is a chance.......so do you think our two seniors would say "screw my team, i wanna play instead of having a chance to be apart of a championship team"?

well they got into the game regardless

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Well, OP was proven wrong.

What about Jeremy Higgins? Although he's a QB so that's a bit tougher situation. But I'm not even sure if he's healthy to even play. He was suited up but maybe he just did it since it was senior night and his last time at home.

warriorfan70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warriorfan70 »

Well if you consider the so call victory formation getting into the game so be it. i don't think so.
But, it's time to move on.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Victory formation? When were we in a victory formation? We won on the last play of the game.
ImageImage

warriorfan70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warriorfan70 »

Even though the time had ran out, we were required to kick the extra point because UH only led by two points. (A dumb Collegiate football rule) Norm decided to go for the victor formation and not the extra point.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

warriorfan70 wrote:Even though the time had ran out, we were required to kick the extra point because UH only led by two points. (A dumb Collegiate football rule) Norm decided to go for the victor formation and not the extra point.
That's right, you're correct.
ImageImage

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

shame on you Chow! let everyone score a TD!

Hawkpeter
Starter
Starter

Post by Hawkpeter »

Considering everything that the senior players on the team have had to go through since 2012, not playing in the last home game is a mild infraction. Not to minimize how the experience must feel for them, but they've suffered through a lot of garbage the last few years.

daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Post by daddy »

Look, I'm no Norm Chow apologist. As a matter of fact, I have called for his firing to my friends and family(sadly I have not had much time to post here this year)for the past few years, but this is a stretch. I can't think of a better down for these guys to play over victory formation. Just once they get to shake the hands of the opponent on the field and run off in celebration to the sideline. They get that feeling of sealing the deal on the last play of the best UH win in years. That's much better than a token play in the 4th quarter that game circumstances wouldn't allow anyway. Plus, let's be honest, these guys were not great players. What if a missed assignment led to an injury to an underclass men that knocked him out for next year or something? Better this way.

nostra_808
Starter
Starter

Post by nostra_808 »

i'm hoping we had some recruits there to see that moment of victory and craziness, to a calm, emotional time with family and friends......maybe it could sway some kids to commit

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

pretty sad that fans have to dig deep to try to find something wrong with this victory. I'm glad the players had a game like this to remember for the rest of their lives. Go Warriors!