How we can still win the MWC West Division

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

How we can still win the MWC West Division

Post by Neighbor »

There's been some confusion about our chances at still becoming West Division champs. Well, we still have a chance and here's how:

Some other sources:
- MWC Tiebreaker Rules
- MWC Scenarios

Sharable Links:
- Direct Image Link
- Imgur Link

I don't think anyone knows that we're still in it. Apparently UH has been told we're out but I don't think anyone has actually looked at how the tiebreakers work. Please share this and get the word out!

I don't like Chow just as much as anyone else. Heck, I'm still not high on Woolsey. But after a win like that (even though we should have never been in that situation and should have won easily), I don't care anymore. I want this badly! Sure, it might take a miracle for SJSU and UNLV to beat SDSU and Nevada respectively, but man, I'm all for it! Let's go!!!!!!!!!!

Warrior08
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: How we can still win the MWC West Division

Post by Warrior08 »

Interesting... :)
Mililani State Champs 2014

MadCat88
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by MadCat88 »

Very Interesting.... and very weird. Basically (what you're saying is) what's needed is for the bottom three teams in the MWC West ~ to chock up a win against the top three teams (and in two of those contests, on AWAY games...). Not that it's impossible... UNLV did in fact already have a 'w' against Fresno. I felt there was a good possibility U.H. could of pulled a 'w' in San Diego ~ it was a fairly even matchup. What's scary is how Nevada (particularly their QB ~ Farjardo) tore U.H. up... no doubt he will be looked at by a number of NFL teams ~ but Fresno smacked um around pretty good this weekend. This MWC division is just so evenly matched from top to bottom, no huge significant difference across the board. I don't think San Diego, Nevada, and particularly Fresno will be looking PAST their next game ~ they have GOOD experienced coaches who can see the writing on the wall, and all three teams are fighting for the top spot. For SJSU, UNLV, & U.H. ~ they are just playing for "pride" (since odds are so STACKED against or just mathematically impossible for them to take the top spot); but I do expect all three teams to play their hearts out (last game of the season as a motivator).

I'm not counting on these conditions to take place... but a 'w' in Fresno would be awesome.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Great Break down! Hope is hope, we're still afloat!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Very slim chance to none is what it comes down to. But after last night's game, anything is possible. First thing is to beat Fresno and then let the chips fall where they fall.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Nice infographics
Neighbor wrote:I don't think anyone knows that we're still in it. Apparently UH has been told we're out but I don't think anyone has actually looked at how the tiebreakers work. Please share this and get the word out!
The day after bigwave posted about this last week, hawaii news now asked chow about it on the news. from his response they're aware that lots of things have to fall just right, but if they take care of their part and win out it's a possibility. they're also using this situation as motivation for the team.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

ubercow wrote:Nice infographics
Neighbor wrote:I don't think anyone knows that we're still in it. Apparently UH has been told we're out but I don't think anyone has actually looked at how the tiebreakers work. Please share this and get the word out!
The day after bigwave posted about this last week, hawaii news now asked chow about it on the news. from his response they're aware that lots of things have to fall just right, but if they take care of their part and win out it's a possibility. they're also using this situation as motivation for the team.
I hope so. Cause Tsai even said we were "eliminated" after SDSU beat Air Force last Friday and Sports Animal Gary claimed that a UH reporter "looked into it" and said we were eliminated too because of that win but I mean, the logic checks out. We still have a shot. I feel like we are playing slightly better, but it could also be because UNLV and SJSU are just worse than us and that's a problem cause we need them to win against two good teams. haha

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Division champs or not, I would like to see Hawai`i end the season with another win! Especially against Fresno!

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

HawaiianHogster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HawaiianHogster »

I thought in a tie that the team we lost to would win in head to to head. That is the way I have known it to be. Maybe the the 3 way tie is done differently. Yeah beat FS for sure. That won'the be easy.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

i won't be holding my breath. maybe for 1 second only.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Now confirmed, if UH, UNLV and SJSU all win, then UH goes to the MWC Championship game.

http://hawaiiwarriorworld.com/warrior-b ... -not-over/

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

If that is true, and Hawaii gets in, that's pretty sad (weak conference).

Counter point. So what, would still watch. Let's hope.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

HawaiianHogster wrote:I thought in a tie that the team we lost to would win in head to to head. That is the way I have known it to be. Maybe the the 3 way tie is done differently. Yeah beat FS for sure. That won'the be easy.
Yes, that's exactly why. The three way tie works out so that we would win

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

if hawaii wins, and takes the division championship, which stadium would you like to go to: colorado state, boise state or utah state?

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

That is just outstanding work Neighbor