Is Will Muschamp a possibility as HC or DC?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Re: Is Will Muschamp a possibility as HC or DC?

Post by Scott »

No way UH fires Chow and pays his salary then offer Muschamp the bank. UH is stuck with Chow till his contract is up, it sucks I know but that's the breaks unless you're willing to pay his salary.
If changing the head coach can bring back 10,000 fans per game (32,000 vs 22,000) with 7 home games 10,000 tickets would be worth approximately 3.5 million dollors. If new head coach can pull a JJ and bring home 9 wins next season that could equate to 40,000 fans per game and a difference of $6.3 million additional dollars + monies for the Hawaii Bowl. Can we afford to lose that?

Wins cures all attendance problems, UH and Ben needs to figure out the probability of NC turning it around next season. $750,000 + New Head Coach Salary vs 3.5 million.
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

two bodybag games will pay for the remainder of Norm's salary.

Makana
Starter
Starter
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: The Bay Warriors
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

Post by Makana »

Scott wrote:
No way UH fires Chow and pays his salary then offer Muschamp the bank. UH is stuck with Chow till his contract is up, it sucks I know but that's the breaks unless you're willing to pay his salary.
If changing the head coach can bring back 10,000 fans per game (32,000 vs 22,000) with 7 home games 10,000 tickets would be worth approximately 3.5 million dollors. If new head coach can pull a JJ and bring home 9 wins next season that could equate to 40,000 fans per game and a difference of $6.3 million additional dollars + monies for the Hawaii Bowl. Can we afford to lose that?

Wins cures all attendance problems, UH and Ben needs to figure out the probability of NC turning it around next season. $750,000 + New Head Coach Salary vs 3.5 million.
That would be one huge gamble I don't think Ben Jay is willing to make. The safe bet would be to hire back JJ, BUT, knowing how UH screwed him the first time, I wouldn't expect a friendly asking price. Look for JJ to have ALL the leverage in his contract if/when the time comes.

Also expect more bumps and bruises in the transition to a new HC, offense and possibly a defense.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.”
― Albert Einstein

“Jiu-Jitsu is like a philosophy. It helps me learn how to face life.”
-Helio Gracie

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Niele
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Niele »

Scott wrote:

There is no way Chow can turn around the team's fortunes. Is it apparent that he can't run an offense. His career was made with superior athletes.