Duane Akina: 4th Time a charm?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Duane Akina: 4th Time a charm?

Post by Irse »

I would prefer someone who is successful as a HC at a lower division or an assistant no older than early 40s.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote:I would prefer someone who is successful as a HC at a lower division or an assistant no older than early 40s.
That's a good combo to start the weeding process

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote:
Irse wrote:I would prefer someone who is successful as a HC at a lower division or an assistant no older than early 40s.
I agree. Tired of big school assistants who draw a blank when they come here and find out that they can't do what they want without the talent they used to have.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

RedZone wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:
I agree. Tired of big school assistants who draw a blank when they come here and find out that they can't do what they want without the talent they used to have.
Exactly
ImageImage

krazychinaman
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Phillies
NBA: None
NFL: Patriots

Post by krazychinaman »

any chance of Nick Rolovich coming back???

Maui Boy in Alaska
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Bears

Post by Maui Boy in Alaska »

Back in 2012, I was talking with some of his former players from his days at Arizona and they were all very disappointed he didn't get the Hawaii job. They said he was a great player coach that could really coach. They gave a lot of credit to the great Defenses Arizona had back in the day to him.

Now I am not saying he would be the right guy to fix things at Hawaii, but I did find it interesting to hear what some of his former players had to say.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Maui Boy in Alaska wrote:Back in 2012, I was talking with some of his former players from his days at Arizona and they were all very disappointed he didn't get the Hawaii job. They said he was a great player coach that could really coach. They gave a lot of credit to the great Defenses Arizona had back in the day to him.

Now I am not saying he would be the right guy to fix things at Hawaii, but I did find it interesting to hear what some of his former players had to say.
I think he is a very good position coach and I can see how former players really like him. But at Texas he was given play calling duties and shared dc job with another coach. They ended up having one of the worst defenses in Texas history. The other coach resigned and he was demoted.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

RedZone wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:
JJ was 46 when he came here.
I am the one who knocks.