OIA Finals: Kahuku vs. Mililani

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: OIA Finals: Kahuku vs. Mililani

Post by huki-lau-lau »

itshandled wrote:
Like most head coaches, Rod loves his team. They are like family to him, and he challenges them to give their best not just for themselves but for each other. Cuz whats one person against a team? What you are seeing, Mililani dominating the way they are is just them giving their 100%. Why people feel the need to make it like he's out to 'prove a point' is beyond me. From talking with friends and family from Kahuku, some things I have heard a lot from them is that Rod is trying to take 'their championship' or 'how dare they call themselves champs, they haven't won states!' or 'heard the coaches are coming after our coach' or 'trying to say its their year'.

@itshandled welcome to the forum, in the end its all about the kids and the competition and competition breeds greatness. without cal lee and stlouis setting the bar high back in the 90's kahuk wouldnt have had any mark to shoot for. ask any player who played for kahuku in the 80's and 90's and they will tell you how much animosity they still have toward stlouis, that same bitterness is what united and created drive for the next generation of kids to become better. so in a sense we have to thank stlouis for bringing that out of us.

i sense the same competition in york as kahuku has handleed the trojans over the years, add on top like you say how some of the parents and fans of kahuku eggon and mock the trojans and of course any coach would take it personal, if they didnt then they shouldnt be in the coaching business. much respect to york who unlike most other OIA coaches that just laydown and accept defeat to the red raiders he sparked a fire within his program to rise to the challenge. we went through the same growing stages so we can relate, but you need to also understand that there can only be one king of the hill so of course we going try to keep them off of it. they might win it all this year but that will just make us more hungry for next year.

its all good and in the spirit of competition!

now days kids from all over the island attend camps together and are taught by the same coaches, they become friends and the competitive nastiness soon dissipates. just like the NBA and how everyone is friends not like the bill laimbeer days and piston bad boys, this generation is soft. I love watching vae malepai run the ball but would like to see him run over a db and then step on their face. just like how maafala did when he was at stlouis. that is how rivalries are created and maintained and makes for some good competition. like bobby curran say on the radio "kahuku fans seem to care a lot more" and it shows by the numerous of us idiots on here speaking smack while the other schools have no one representing them. i guess u are now the lone trojan fan on here. :)

kahuku will come out strong but will need to be smart too, and ultimately will need to respect that trojan offense or else it will get out of hand
hope its a competitive game this week. go kahkuu!
-------------------

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

If Kahuku plays smash mouth football give #4 all the carries, limit the both ways players, and just play physical. They will win. But if they try to be fancy they will lose. I say Redraiders 21 Trojans 14.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

I like both teams but Kahuku going get sasa again like last year. Even next year too. But after next year it's all Waipahu cheeeeee lol I wish. Mililani 49 kahuku 21

itshandled
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by itshandled »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
itshandled wrote:
Like most head coaches, Rod loves his team. They are like family to him, and he challenges them to give their best not just for themselves but for each other. Cuz whats one person against a team? What you are seeing, Mililani dominating the way they are is just them giving their 100%. Why people feel the need to make it like he's out to 'prove a point' is beyond me. From talking with friends and family from Kahuku, some things I have heard a lot from them is that Rod is trying to take 'their championship' or 'how dare they call themselves champs, they haven't won states!' or 'heard the coaches are coming after our coach' or 'trying to say its their year'.

@itshandled welcome to the forum, in the end its all about the kids and the competition and competition breeds greatness. without cal lee and stlouis setting the bar high back in the 90's kahuk wouldnt have had any mark to shoot for. ask any player who played for kahuku in the 80's and 90's and they will tell you how much animosity they still have toward stlouis, that same bitterness is what united and created drive for the next generation of kids to become better. so in a sense we have to thank stlouis for bringing that out of us.

i sense the same competition in york as kahuku has handleed the trojans over the years, add on top like you say how some of the parents and fans of kahuku eggon and mock the trojans and of course any coach would take it personal, if they didnt then they shouldnt be in the coaching business. much respect to york who unlike most other OIA coaches that just laydown and accept defeat to the red raiders he sparked a fire within his program to rise to the challenge. we went through the same growing stages so we can relate, but you need to also understand that there can only be one king of the hill so of course we going try to keep them off of it. they might win it all this year but that will just make us more hungry for next year.

its all good and in the spirit of competition!

now days kids from all over the island attend camps together and are taught by the same coaches, they become friends and the competitive nastiness soon dissipates. just like the NBA and how everyone is friends not like the bill laimbeer days and piston bad boys, this generation is soft. I love watching vae malepai run the ball but would like to see him run over a db and then step on their face. just like how maafala did when he was at stlouis. that is how rivalries are created and maintained and makes for some good competition. like bobby curran say on the radio "kahuku fans seem to care a lot more" and it shows by the numerous of us idiots on here speaking smack while the other schools have no one representing them. i guess u are now the lone trojan fan on here. :)

kahuku will come out strong but will need to be smart too, and ultimately will need to respect that trojan offense or else it will get out of hand
hope its a competitive game this week. go kahkuu!
In all honesty, I have never looked at competitiveness in that way. But it makes so much sense and I actually LOL couple times reading your comment because, I couldn't help but agree with so much of what you were saying. I guess I just get it. Competition really does make the game that much more exciting. I am really looking forward to the game tomorrow and it wouldn't be the same had there not been this great big rivalry.
Yes although we got beat soooooo many times from the Red Raiders, Rod has lit a fire of hope for a lot of us. Year after year of sasa and he still rallies everyone and got us thinking 'we get chance'. Idk about Vae stepping on peoples faces though, he's too nice, but oh the fuel it would add to that fire.
As far as the fans go, I have supported the Trojans since York took over as HC and at the start my family and I were literally the loudest most die hard fans, while the rest of the crowd used to look at us like we were crazy. But year after year the crowd has gotten bigger and louder. And slowly we are finding dedicated fans here and there. But yes I guess I am the lone fan here.
But no doubt tomorrow will be a awesome game! As you said there can only be one king of the hill. So we better be ready!

Rocket95
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Rocket95 »

Kahuku with the upset tonight.... In the words of Defend808, don't ask me how or why.
Just cheering on the underdogs.

JUS_another_brotha
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JUS_another_brotha »

Mililani 55
Kahuku 13

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

any free streams of oc16?
have telcom so can't watch the game

95boyz

Post by 95boyz »

I'm getting Black screen on www.oc16.tv
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

95boyz wrote:I'm getting Black screen on http://www.oc16.tv
you should be good if you have oceanic

95boyz

Post by 95boyz »

2k_Hawaii wrote:
95boyz wrote:I'm getting Black screen on http://www.oc16.tv
you should be good if you have oceanic
I'm not in Hawaii but it's working fine now. Herewego!!!
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Great d2 game, let's hope the d1 is the same. I got mililani winning by double digits though...

Mililani 27
Kahuku 13

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

kahuku starting QB out with injury first half kahuku was up 7-6 at the time. backup QB would not start on a D2 team thats how bad the offense will be the rest of the game.

i didnt know mill had a recruit from radford, i knew they had kids from farrington, waianae, stlouis, aiea and cambell, geeze!
-------------------

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

huki-lau-lau wrote:kahuku starting QB out with injury first half kahuku was up 7-6 at the time. backup QB would not start on a D2 team thats how bad the offense will be the rest of the game.

i didnt know mill had a recruit from radford, i knew they had kids from farrington, waianae, stlouis, aiea and cambell, geeze!
good school, good coaches, good community... if you aint going private school who wouldn't want to send their kid to Mililani

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

eh! I know that old guy Ben from mililani that just won that car at half time, he used to live in kalihi last year! lol
-------------------

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

Billy Hull @billyhull
Congrats Ben Carvalho on winning the car. Now let's kick the darn ball off. It's friggin 11 p.m.

lol