Saint Louis vs Punahou

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
base
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Saint Louis vs Punahou

Post by base »

That 3-4-4 look is deceiving. Offenses automatically think we gotta run the ball, but thats what Punahou wants you to think. They actually have 7 in the box with this look and 7 damn good players! These guys stifle the run and refuse to be run on. You gotta be able to pass the ball successfully on them so you get the backers in coverage and out of the box. Then you can mix in the run. Easier said then done because your offense gotta make some plays! Kamehameha got some one on one match ups in the secondary through formations. But was very inconsistent on making plays and winning the one on one match up with Punahou's DBs. Kamehameha's QB is just not there yet to take advantage of those one on one match ups. People gotta realize that he is only in his second year playing QB in his life! He actually is a pure natural WR who is silky smooth and will play this position in college. So through formation you can get Punahou's DB's on an island one on one. Now the offense gotta win! Last year St.Louis was able to do this with Stubblfied. Through different formations got him one on one and Ryder Kuhns connected. St.Louis put up I think 32 points that night but lost by three 35-32. I dont think the Crusaders will be able to do this tomorrow night because they are a 10 personnel offense meaning they will be in a 4 wide receiver set all night. Punahou will be able to play their base defense bringing some pressure off the edges at time, play fast and tackle! But, I'm sure St. Louis will play better and make it a better game than the first one. Good luck to all the coaches and student athletes!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:Its going to be a high scoring game and the St Louis D does enough to get the W.
Don't know about the St Louis D. Kamehameha made St Louis pay a price for ending their season. My understanding is that a couple of starters on the D-line were injured. And, receiver Cui's leg was injured badly enough that he won't be playing.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

twnoexcuses wrote:May be the best game of the season in Hawaii. All levels of football considered.
Don't see how. St Louis has too many starters injured, and who won't be playing.

Tmanz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Tmanz »

Punahou wins by 28

newguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by newguy »

[quote="HS Football Fanatic"if they
CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:Its going to be a high scoring game and the St Louis D does enough to get the W.
Don't know about the St Louis D. Kamehameha made St Louis pay a price for ending their season. My understanding is that a couple of starters on the D-line were injured. And, receiver Cui's leg was injured badly enough that he won't be playing.[/quote]

Without Cui at the slot and If Solifau is also out its going to be a long night for the Crusaders. Damn those 2 kids are huge losses for them.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Yes it's gonna be a high scoring game for PUNAHOU...PUNAHOU has the #1 defense in the state that'll shut down St.Louis....all you guys who talking as if the saints has a chance or able to win better not go silent after the game...lol...it's the same Swag43/Lenny from ScoringLive that shut that lame forum down...:)

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

Swag43 wrote:Yes it's gonna be a high scoring game for PUNAHOU...PUNAHOU has the #1 defense in the state that'll shut down St.Louis....all you guys who talking as if the saints has a chance or able to win better not go silent after the game...lol...it's the same Swag43/Lenny from ScoringLive that shut that lame forum down...:)
Giving punahou a bad name since...forever.
Punahou by mercy rule.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

Swag43 wrote:Yes it's gonna be a high scoring game for PUNAHOU...PUNAHOU has the #1 defense in the state that'll shut down St.Louis....all you guys who talking as if the saints has a chance or able to win better not go silent after the game...lol...it's the same Swag43/Lenny from ScoringLive that shut that lame forum down...:)
Swag43 can i sit next to you at the stadium so can rub it in your face after the game!!!! :) :) :)

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

Undftd wrote:
Giving punahou a bad name since...forever.
Punahou by mercy rule.
With the the two star players out for St Louis the chances are slim. But they still got chance. if punahou win it will not be by mercy rule. GOOD LUCK to Both Teams.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Punahou going lose no ask me how or why it's a secret :) if not den Punahou going get sasa da muli 4rm dem Trojans at da ship because I no see Kahuku beating mililani at all.

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

Congratulations both teams. St Louis definitely proved they were much better than the first time around. It's scary thinking what they'll do next year. Punahou was finally pushed to their limits. It'll definitely help them in states. Great game to both teams.

Sorry Swag, but your prediction of pure dominance was totally wrong as usual.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Yup I must admit I was wrong...lol good game St. Louis...wish the ILH could send two to the states coz yall are more than worthy than the teams that are...bright side QB is fire...Best in the state hands down

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

Wow, Swag! Some graciousness. Maybe you went to Punahou after all! :D

whatdoesthefoxsay
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by whatdoesthefoxsay »

If Punahou gets to the final and happens to play Mililani, they better not play like they did tonight. Mililani will beat them.

locogrown808

Post by locogrown808 »

that was a very good game for about 55 minutes. unfortunately that was the sloppiest end of a game as i have ever seen..first with the 12 men on the field then giving up that deep ball; saint louis did deserve to lose this one, but they definitely showed a lot of promise and look to be a strong competitor next season to possibly dethrone punahou..alas, this was not the year but they'll get there. and on the other side, punahou did look almost beatable. i have yet to see mililani play, but from what i hear, that should be a very close and very good game that should be a good watch for all