No
44%

Total votes: 16

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Ewaliko as a wildcat QB

Post by tom-WarriorNation »

How about using Ewaliko as a wildcat QB with both St. Juste and Lakalaka in the backfield--it would be our version of the triple option--we need another weapon in our backfield to inject life into our offense.

We gotta try something new; what we got is NOT working!
Last edited by tom-WarriorNation on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE BELIEVE! GO WARRIORS! Let us grow this Warrior Nation.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Ewaliko as a wildcat QB

Draw in the defense and have Ewaliko pass to the open TE or WR's. Add the fly-sweep, reverse, or just anything with creativity! Not the brain-dead runs up the middle.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

This has possibilities, however, I know it's more complicated than that. A gimmick offense is never the answer, but at least thinking outside the box can only help at this point. I agree that something has to change to realize any type of offensive success.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

oh good, another week, another post about running the triple option.

tom-WarriorNation
Play Maker
Play Maker

do you want the same old Chow, run up the middle two times; and pass on 3rd and long?

don't you care about the football program--sinking like the Titanic; or has it already sunk?

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

I'm all for creativity, as long as it's plausible. The triple option isn't. Players can't even execute the current playbook, what makes you think they can pick up a completely new and fairly complicated scheme mid-season and perform it any better with the limited practices the NCAA allows? This isn't video game football.
tom-WarriorNation wrote:do you want the same old Chow, run up the middle two times; and pass on 3rd and long?

don't you care about the football program--sinking like the Titanic; or has it already sunk?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

tavarua88 wrote:I'm all for creativity, as long as it's plausible. The triple option isn't. Players can't even execute the current playbook, what makes you think they can pick up a completely new and fairly complicated scheme mid-season and perform it any better with the limited practices the NCAA allows? This isn't video game football.
tom-WarriorNation wrote:do you want the same old Chow, run up the middle two times; and pass on 3rd and long?

The whole blocking scheme is different. Don't know how much they can pick up in a week.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

When I saw Keelan @ the SDSU game, he looked buff. I am unsure of his throwing ability given his added mass. A wildcat QB has to have the ability to pass or the D will load the box.

However, his return was electric and he pulled away from the defenders as he neared the end zone, so I'm for giving this "gifted" player a chance. We can't get any worse.

tavarua88
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by tavarua88 »

Giving players "a chance" also means putting them in positions where they can excel. He'll get crushed, hell anyone will be if they tried to run this. There's better ways of putting him out there on the field than this junk.
Palolo_2LA wrote:When I saw Keelan @ the SDSU game, he looked buff. I am unsure of his throwing ability given his added mass. A wildcat QB has to have the ability to pass or the D will load the box.

However, his return was electric and he pulled away from the defenders as he neared the end zone, so I'm for giving this "gifted" player a chance. We can't get any worse.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

They already have a formation with split backs. But they use the lead back as a blocker. They could insert Keelan at qb use Lakalaka as the dive and St Juste as the trail. That way we would have all three on the field at the same time. Run this play.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf54ZzSM5TM
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

I'm sure plays have been scripted to utiize Ewaliko more in the coming games. Not at QB of course. Not yet, at least. Given the situation of our QB position, nothing is truly off of the table at this point.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

If Uncle Norm is too stubborn to put use David Graves in any creative way, why would he use Ewaliko.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Our offense needs very little adjustments.

I expect 5 touchdowns against Nevada.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

they should just stick to the ewaliko reverse. Ewaliko hasn't thrown during practice so if he runs all the time the defense will eventually figure it out.

glockguy
All-conference
All-conference

Post by glockguy »

I voted yes, only because we have nothing to lose....