Our win against Nevada

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Our win against Nevada

Post by UnBiasFan »

This is where the rubber melts on the pavement. Our guys have been playing flat out 100% every game.

All the comments in these type blogs are not worth fifteen minutes of practice in the spring.

You all amount to nothing.

The win this week will be all on the team. And all you fans deserve none of it.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Our win against Nevada

Post by SundayJam »

Yeah, you're right. Nevada has that crappy offensive coordinator that Norm Chow threw away. There's no way they can win, right? Oh, wait...they beat Boise State and BYU this year. Oh, and they let go of a 3rd quarter tie to #14 Arizona to lose by a touch down in the 4th. What do they have?: a hall of fame coach, Chris Ault; an inspired offense that many NFL teams emulate--heck June Jones borrowed a lot of the pistol concepts at Hawaii.

What are the good things? We are at home with only a 4 point disadvantage according to Vegas. Nevada's defense gives up more yards, although they have played significantly better teams. Take a look at Oregon State, Washington, and Colorado's performances since we played them. What else? We have a great kicking game. Scott Harding and Tyler Hadden rock!

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

UnBiasFan wrote:This is where the rubber melts on the pavement. Our guys have been playing flat out 100% every game.

All the comments in these type blogs are not worth fifteen minutes of practice in the spring.

you deserve a cookie for having the guts to type out such total BS.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

UnBiasFan wrote:This is where the rubber melts on the pavement. Our guys have been playing flat out 100% every game.

You mean the Warriors have been losing because of us? Are our comments then worth at least 14 minutes of spring practice? :roll:
I am the one who knocks.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

808Hawaii wrote:

You mean the Warriors have been losing because of us? Are our comments then worth at least 14 minutes of spring practice? :roll:

How many times are you folks going to call Woolsey a complete piece of craap.

Wins or losses have nothing to do with you all. But most of you are complete sheety excuse for fans.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

You better hope hawaii wins with a thread like this! Just sayin...

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »

Ouch man, very ouch.

While I'm fatter and slower than I was 25 years ago, I still devote hours days or weeks rooting for this team and that's gotta be worth something.

Hey at least we did not make FoxSports list of the "Dumbest Collegiate Football Fans in the Country." Clearly sportshawaii.com shows that we are smarter than, say, Alabama fans?

Go easy on us.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Wow! Who dis guy? What cannot say what we feel?

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

I admit Hawaii can be a bandwagon state especially when it comes to cheering for good teams (IE Oregon) but I say for all the bad fans that there are an equal amount of good fans. But yes Hawaii got to stop with the bandwagon crap. I seem to recall a time when no one would wear Seattle Seahawks or Oregon gear cause they sucked

Dos Inus
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Dos Inus »

Egonator wrote:I admit Hawaii can be a bandwagon state especially when it comes to cheering for good teams (IE Oregon) but I say for all the bad fans that there are an equal amount of good fans. But yes Hawaii got to stop with the bandwagon crap. I seem to recall a time when no one would wear Seattle Seahawks or Oregon gear cause they sucked

Remember Garrett Gabriel? Fans loved him, then hated him, then loved him then...

Anyway wish we had him this year.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Ppl here cheer oregon not just because they're a top team but more so because of Mariota. Oregon got a bunch of other hawaii boys as well. Its similar to when ppl here rooted for notre dame because of manti. That kind of bandwagon i don't have a problem with because it's more about wanting to see the local boys do well on the national stage than it is the actual team.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

3 seasons of constant losing and people become unhappy. that's life, so deal with it.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Egonator wrote:I admit Hawaii can be a bandwagon state especially when it comes to cheering for good teams (IE Oregon) but I say for all the bad fans that there are an equal amount of good fans. But yes Hawaii got to stop with the bandwagon crap. I seem to recall a time when no one would wear Seattle Seahawks or Oregon gear cause they sucked
hah? you know how many local people have a family member or family friend who went to Oregon? the fact that they are winning makes them more apt to wear their UO gear, but I wouldn't call them "bandwagon fans". the same goes for local people who wear OSU, U-Dub, Wazzu, BYU, and other western schools' gear - local kids go to those schools. plus, it's not like we have a pro team here or even a second major college to support. people here gotta improvise. as much as we'd love people to rock the "H" 24/7, that's not realistic.

Now, if people in town start wearing Ole Miss or 'Bama stuff, then we have a bandwagon problem. If anything, the REAL BANDWAGON fans are the 49er fans. \:D/

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

poidog wrote:
hah? you know how many local people have a family member or family friend who went to Oregon? the fact that they are winning makes them more apt to wear their UO gear, but I wouldn't call them "bandwagon fans". the same goes for local people who wear OSU, U-Dub, Wazzu, BYU, and other western schools' gear - local kids go to those schools. plus, it's not like we have a pro team here or even a second major college to support. people here gotta improvise. as much as we'd love people to rock the "H" 24/7, that's not realistic.

Now, if people in town start wearing Ole Miss or 'Bama stuff, then we have a bandwagon problem. If anything, the REAL BANDWAGON fans are the 49er fans. \:D/
Nah Seahawks fans are the worst. The sudden influx of new Seahawks was jarring.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

most people are UH fans and know what's going on with the losing. they've either watched it on tv, gone to at least one game or read/seen it in the news. with our lack of an offense, it makes it difficult to watch us struggle in these games that we should've won if we did have an offense at all. most people are not gonna cough up the money to watch this product on the field if they think that we don't even have a chance to win them. at least before we always had a chance to win by outscoring the other team. now it's flipped. our D and ST are holding on as long as they can hoping that the offense might score or have a 2nd half like against Wyoming. it's been so inconsistent that those on the fence fans that UH has relied on for walk up sales and game by game purchasing don't feel like it's worth their money to see the struggle. it's down to hard core go no matter what fans and family. look at the student section. the game is free for them and they'll probably get a hundred maybe this week.
sad to say i expect less than 20k at the stadium each game the rest of the season.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!