2016 Top Five Prospects In Hawaii Ranked

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: 2016 Top Five Prospects In Hawaii Ranked

Post by harus0ra »

Hirkley latu is so overrated that he shouldn't be in this discussion. He has the size but that's it. Needs to get quicker and stronger but could be to late.

westside.gee
High-quality H20 provider

Post by westside.gee »

With that height he still has time to bloom in college but right now for Kahuku he is a liability as we all saw in those two touchdowns he gave up against Kaiser last year.
Last edited by westside.gee on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kulolo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kulolo »

backyard ballaz- exactly what it means!! I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong for saying Latu and Drew are overrated. Wrong choice of words. I should have said they aren't as good as they should be. Just because I have 3 Trojans in my Top5, you assume I am A Trojan or Mililani Alumni. Sorry but I am a CRUSADER!! I watch almost all the CRUSADERS game. Like i said earlier Drew can be a dominate receiver like Kanawai Noa but faster. I said a lot of things that Drew does, that doesn't look good. He can take my criticism and go and get better or not even pay attention to any of it. All he has to do is watch film on himself on run plays or when plays are for the other receiver. As for Latu,he has the size and skillz but he doesn't play up to it.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Not sure if this is true but I heard manaia atuaia is going to play for Orem high.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

harus0ra wrote:Not sure if this is true but I heard manaia atuaia is going to play for Orem high.
Hope its not true. But oh well. Just gota deal.

DA SCOUT

Post by DA SCOUT »

kulolo wrote:backyard ballaz- exactly what it means!! I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong for saying Latu and Drew are overrated. Wrong choice of words. I should have said they aren't as good as they should be. Just because I have 3 Trojans in my Top5, you assume I am A Trojan or Mililani Alumni. Sorry but I am a CRUSADER!! I watch almost all the CRUSADERS game. Like i said earlier Drew can be a dominate receiver like Kanawai Noa but faster. I said a lot of things that Drew does, that doesn't look good. He can take my criticism and go and get better or not even pay attention to any of it. All he has to do is watch film on himself on run plays or when plays are for the other receiver. As for Latu,he has the size and skillz but he doesn't play up to it.
I have to agree with kulolo overrated is not bashing a kid but giving a opinion of what he thinks . Kobayashi needs a little work on being a better pass catcher ,he has good hands but not great hands good measurables but still waiting for him to be that dominating receiver everyone talks about ! But his senior year is upon him and I hopes he shows up and proves all the critics wrong. Till this point in high school football he has been just average, but in camps amzing

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

DA SCOUT wrote:
kulolo wrote:backyard ballaz- exactly what it means!! I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong for saying Latu and Drew are overrated. Wrong choice of words. I should have said they aren't as good as they should be. Just because I have 3 Trojans in my Top5, you assume I am A Trojan or Mililani Alumni. Sorry but I am a CRUSADER!! I watch almost all the CRUSADERS game. Like i said earlier Drew can be a dominate receiver like Kanawai Noa but faster. I said a lot of things that Drew does, that doesn't look good. He can take my criticism and go and get better or not even pay attention to any of it. All he has to do is watch film on himself on run plays or when plays are for the other receiver. As for Latu,he has the size and skillz but he doesn't play up to it.
I have to agree with kulolo overrated is not bashing a kid but giving a opinion of what he thinks . Kobayashi needs a little work on being a better pass catcher ,he has good hands but not great hands good measurables but still waiting for him to be that dominating receiver everyone talks about ! But his senior year is upon him and I hopes he shows up and proves all the critics wrong. Till this point in high school football he has been just average, but in camps amzing

Drew's lucky Kulolo and DA SCOUT don't recruit for CAL or any Pac-12 Schools.

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/20 ... -kobayashi

backyard ballaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backyard ballaz »

DA SCOUT wrote:
Calling a high school player overrated in any context is not right period. Kulolo admitted it himself that it was the wrong choice of words. He also said he is a Crusader and that baffles me even more. You don't need to come on a website and write all kinds of weaknesses about a kid when you could possibly go straight to him to express your opinions - considering you are a Crusader and "heard from coaches". Kulolo and Da Scout (being former coaches) have the connections to go talk to Drew...do it. Both of you have good points about his game, but rambling about it on here is more about quatifying a username rather than trying to be productive to him. If it's about "kulolo" and "DA SCOUT" being masterminds on a public forum then keep proving how much you know by potentially hurting kids in the process. If it's about trying to help make a kid better, there are better routes. Just my opinion.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Getreal$ wrote:Next year keep an eye on KS-Hawaii OL Kelii Montibon, 6'3 270 and growing. An athlete with quick feet and good technique. Two time 1st team All BIIF OL and although one of the top baseball players on the island, he will focus on Football this off season working out with Manly Kanoa.
Montibon tested well at Nike Combine. I'll give him that. But playing at the BIIF D2 will not enhance his chances yet alone get him on 2016's Top 5 Prospects List. Also, if you are introducing OL to the list it would be silly to overlook St. Louis' Herbig not to mention other studs like this year's All Poly Camp OL MVPs (Tovi, Muasau, & Tuulima). Montibon could test his true skills and benefit tremendously if he did what Herbig did and transfer to the Div 1 schools on Oahu. Anyways, Good luck to all those who battle in the trenches :hello1: !!

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

backyard ballaz wrote:
DA SCOUT wrote:
Calling a high school player overrated in any context is not right period. Kulolo admitted it himself that it was the wrong choice of words. He also said he is a Crusader and that baffles me even more. You don't need to come on a website and write all kinds of weaknesses about a kid when you could possibly go straight to him to express your opinions - considering you are a Crusader and "heard from coaches". Kulolo and Da Scout (being former coaches) have the connections to go talk to Drew...do it. Both of you have good points about his game, but rambling about it on here is more about quatifying a username rather than trying to be productive to him. If it's about "kulolo" and "DA SCOUT" being masterminds on a public forum then keep proving how much you know by potentially hurting kids in the process. If it's about trying to help make a kid better, there are better routes. Just my opinion.

People are free to give their own opinions. They're not attacking his character or intelligence. His playing ability is fair game. Steve Sarkisian isn't checking out this discussion forum to form his opinions of prospective recruits. The tape and tape measure are all that matters. We're just talking junk and padding our own egos here. Nothing more. Don't get your undergarments in a twist.

Gravely concerned that you went to my alma mater. All you guys getting soft?

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ktbMUhi51U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkiBpGvkQ8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0QJ9am4do

Freshman stats: 38 receptions for 928 yards and 9 TD - 24 yards per catch 1 TD for every 4.0 catches
Sophomore stats: 16 receptions for 465 yards and 6 TD - 29 yards per catch 1 TD for every 2.6 catches
Junior stats: 31 receptions for 654 yards and 9 TD - 31 yards per catch 1 TD for every 3.4 catches

Drew was not used in the same manor as the top receivers in the state (Noa, Timoteo,) They both play in a different style of offense. Look at Punahou and Mililani team stats on Scoring Live or Hawaii Prep World. The next receiver in total yards has some distance between them.

STL spreads the ball around to all their receivers because they play team concept. They all have the same if not very close yardage. Its not about individual production, its about team production. There is no way Drew will ever be a total yards production guy at STL. He has limited touches and he makes the most out of them.

If the worst thing your saying that he dogs on plays he is not getting the ball or when the play is not going his side, you should also watch the other top two receivers more carefully. Him having an attitude is hearsay from a coach. You should not have even said something you did not see or hear for yourself.

Remember gentleman these are 16,17,18 year old young men, not grown men like ourselves. I've heard nothing but positive things about his attitude during practice and in games. He speaks highly of his school and compliments only, no negative remarks from this kid when he is asked.

lets all "BE MARCUS"

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

KindergartenCop wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ktbMUhi51U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkiBpGvkQ8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0QJ9am4do

Freshman stats: 38 receptions for 928 yards and 9 TD - 24 yards per catch 1 TD for every 4.0 catches
Sophomore stats: 16 receptions for 465 yards and 6 TD - 29 yards per catch 1 TD for every 2.6 catches
Junior stats: 31 receptions for 654 yards and 9 TD - 31 yards per catch 1 TD for every 3.4 catches

Drew was not used in the same manor as the top receivers in the state (Noa, Timoteo,) They both play in a different style of offense. Look at Punahou and Mililani team stats on Scoring Live or Hawaii Prep World. The next receiver in total yards has some distance between them.

STL spreads the ball around to all their receivers because they play team concept. They all have the same if not very close yardage. Its not about individual production, its about team production. There is no way Drew will ever be a total yards production guy at STL. He has limited touches and he makes the most out of them.

If the worst thing your saying that he dogs on plays he is not getting the ball or when the play is not going his side, you should also watch the other top two receivers more carefully. Him having an attitude is hearsay from a coach. You should not have even said something you did not see or hear for yourself.

Remember gentleman these are 16,17,18 year old young men, not grown men like ourselves. I've heard nothing but positive things about his attitude during practice and in games. He speaks highly of his school and compliments only, no negative remarks from this kid when he is asked.

lets all "BE MARCUS"
While the Kahuku posters on this board are probably the most provincial and entitled, the Saint Louis posters are definitely the dumbest.

The object of any team's offense is to score as many points possible. If that means that everyone does their job well enough so that Kanawai Noa scores 30 touchdowns, so be it. Don't go putting Saint Louis on a pedestal because they spread the ball out and in doing so scored less points than Punahou and Mililani three different times just last season. If you're saying that Kobayashi is just as effective as Noa and Timoteo you are delusional. This doesn't mean that he won't be the best among the three in college, but if you're talking past ability, Kobayashi isn't even close.

Stop with the kid gloves.

Equating Marcus with utter delusion and stupidity is insulting to him and anyone else who has ever graduated from that school. In fact, we need to stop bowing at his feet like he's a demigod. He's a nice kid with a lot of talent. Why does he mean that much to you?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

BullNuts808 wrote:
Getreal$ wrote:Next year keep an eye on KS-Hawaii OL Kelii Montibon, 6'3 270 and growing. An athlete with quick feet and good technique. Two time 1st team All BIIF OL and although one of the top baseball players on the island, he will focus on Football this off season working out with Manly Kanoa.
Montibon tested well at Nike Combine. I'll give him that. But playing at the BIIF D2 will not enhance his chances yet alone get him on 2016's Top 5 Prospects List. Also, if you are introducing OL to the list it would be silly to overlook St. Louis' Herbig not to mention other studs like this year's All Poly Camp OL MVPs (Tovi, Muasau, & Tuulima). Montibon could test his true skills and benefit tremendously if he did what Herbig did and transfer to the Div 1 schools on Oahu. Anyways, Good luck to all those who battle in the trenches :hello1: !!
Bullnuts808- My post was not to say he was a Top five OL prospect, it was me trying to give this boy props for his hard work and dedication. As a side, the BIIF D2 teams play all the D1 teams on their Island and believe me, they hold their own against the like of Hilo. KS Hawaii took Hilo into OT, the same Hilo team that gave Kahuku all they could handle this past year and Campbell the year before. Not a big deal, Montibon will have his share of D1 college offers and will more importantly have a great education all while staying home and playing for his D2 KS Hawaii team.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Getreal$ wrote:
BullNuts808 wrote:
Bullnuts808- My post was not to say he was a Top five OL prospect, it was me trying to give this boy props for his hard work and dedication. As a side, the BIIF D2 teams play all the D1 teams on their Island and believe me, they hold their own against the like of Hilo. KS Hawaii took Hilo into OT, the same Hilo team that gave Kahuku all they could handle this past year and Campbell the year before. Not a big deal, Montibon will have his share of D1 college offers and will more importantly have a great education all while staying home and playing for his D2 KS Hawaii team.
OK, got it. My bad I thought the discussion was about the top 5 Hawaii prospects. Not questioning the level of athleticism and/or hard work. Good luck to him and all the outer island players. Choke, choke talent out there.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

c/o 2016 Top 5 Prospects:

1. OL Michael Eletise, Kaiser
2. RB Vavae Malepeai, Mililani
3. OL Toleafoa Auwae, Kapolei
4. OL Nate Herbig, Saint Louis
5. WR Kalakaua Timoteo, Mililani

This is going into the season... I think there will be a bunch of players whose stock will rise throughout 2016... not just including seniors

My random thoughts...
-Punahou RB Wayne Taulapapa will be the focal point of the BuffnBlu O this season after the departure of Kanawai Noa.

-The Kahuku D (Santiago, Atuaia, Afalava, Vimahi, Latu) will thrive in leadership roles.

-Oahu is full of talent at LB this year. Looking for huge impacts from... Farrington's Jeremiah Pritchard, Kaiser's Parker Higgins, Punahou's Seydrick Lakalaka, Iolani's Melvin Hoomanawanui, Kapolei's Rocky Savea, and two who sat out last year in STL's Jordan Iosefa and Isaac Slade Matautia.

-Campbell needs to get the ball to RB Terrell Johnson Jr. He's had a quiet offseason and may end up carrying a huge load for an offense that lost a bunch of playmakers.

-Does Punahou allow sophomore QB Stephen Barber Jr. some on the job experience?

-I look forward to seeing Iolani RB Jordan Ross back on the field against the ILH big boys... an injury kept him sidelined for Junior season.

-Mililani's D reloads, returning DL Kahewai Kaaiawaawa, LB/DE Kaimana Padello, and LB Palaie Gaoteote with big game experience.

-Kamehameha will be tough this year, where will they play Fatu Su'a Godinet... QB? WR? WIldcat?

-Leilehua DB Charles Watson will be a first team performer.

-Punahou's Kicker/Punter Jet Toner will be very highly touted.