Should the ILH schedule games between divisions?

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.

Should the ILH schedule regular season games between divisions?

Yes, if Iolani won't come to us, we'll go to them!
33%
No, Punahou should pick on someone their own size!
67%

Total votes: 9

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Should the ILH schedule games between divisions?

Post by politclyincrekt »

Every year, we see the ILH Division I beat down on the Division II for no reason other than to inflate their standings. If anyone knows why they do this, then perhaps they can provide insight, but if the ILH changed to a division segregated regular season schedule I think it would make the conference as a whole much more competitive. If the ILH Division I doesn't want a bye every 3 weeks, then they can sprinkle in a division II game here and there, but the way it stands now Division II teams make up the bulk of their schedule (and for the Division II, games against the D1 make up half). That, to me, is unacceptable.

Politclyincrekt's ILH Schedule:
Total Regular Season Weeks: 7

Week 1:
Punahou vs. St. Louis (I)
Kamehameha BYE

Iolani vs. St. Francis (I)
Pac-5 vs. Damien (I)

Week 2:
St. Louis vs. Kamehameha (I)
Punahou BYE

Pac-5 vs. Iolani (I)
St. Francis vs. Damien (I)

Week 3:
Kamehameha vs. Punahou (I)
St. Louis BYE

Iolani vs. Damien (I)
Pac-5 vs. St. Francis (I)

Week 4:
St. Louis vs. Punahou (II)
Kamehameha vs. Pac-5

Iolani vs. Damien (II)
St. Francis BYE

Week 5:
Kamehameha vs. St. Louis (II)
Punahou vs. Iolani

Pac-5 vs. St. Francis (II)
Damien BYE

Week 6:
Punahou vs. Kamehameha (II)
St. Louis vs. Pac-5

Damien vs. St. Francis (II)
Iolani BYE

Week 7:
Division I Tie Breakers/Play-Offs

Iolani vs. Damien (II)
Pac-5 vs. St. Francis (II)
------------------------------------------
This schedule is based on seeding from the previous season's standing. Each Division I team plays a single cross over game with the Division II based on standing (ILH D1 #1 vs. ILH D2 #1, and so forth). #4 Division 2 team (St. Francis) does not have to play a Division I team (for both safety and...c'mon...St. Francis vs. Punahou is hardly fair). Furthermore, each team in the ILH plays every other team in their division at least twice during the regular season (once at home and once on the road).
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Should the ILH schedule games between divisions?

Post by twnoexcuses »

It is just a teribble, demoralizing, and almost abusive situation to expose these children to the disillusioning experience of losing, no matter the score.

The ILH should take a page out of the AYSO operational manual and prohibit keeping score. Either that, or there should be seven (7) seperate ILH divisions (each with one team) with out-of-division games not counting toward division championships. That would help with budgets and planning because the teams could order "Division Champions" t-shirts in time for the players to wear them right after the last game.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

Iolani's got no business playing D2. Anyone who thinks they aren't a D1 team is insane!

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Birdman316 wrote:Iolani's got no business playing D2. Anyone who thinks they aren't a D1 team is insane!
The argument isn't whether Iolani should move up. I added the comment to the poll just for fun. Iolani can compete in the Division I. Yes. But what about Damien and St. Francis, teams that are building their programs, having to go up against the Big 3 year in and year out?

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

Fact is, Iolani's presence in D2 is much more discouraging and alarming than the blowouts we've seen. More often than not, they've held their own against D1 teams. Just two years ago, they came within a touchdown of beating Kamehameha and led St. Louis for part of the game. The 2008-10 teams had one or two victories against D1 opponents. To add: they can no longer use the size "excuse" because their team isn't as small as they claim it is. Show some courage to play teams on YOUR level rather than beating on lesser teams that can't recruit as well as you or lack your resources. There is a reason Iolani plays in D1 in every other sport while Damien, St. Francis, and most of the Pac-Five schools aren't D1 in anything.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

What's Iolani's enrollment size (9 thru 12)?

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

Iolani is competitive in every other sport s the thing.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

Undftd wrote:Iolani is competitive in every other sport s the thing.
They also give at least one of the big three a scare in football every year. I'd call that being slightly competitive against D1 teams. Other teams are smaller than they are and don't cry about it and give excuses. Iolani is not a D2 team. I am of the majority that believes this and know for a fact that every year somebody comes here and criticizes their decision to play weaker teams.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

SM96753 wrote:What's Iolani's enrollment size (9 thru 12)?
Their BOYS enrollment is bigger than that of St. Louis