QB controversy

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Re: QB controversy

Post by xer 21 »

Woolsey doesnt throw picks because he's either throwing to the sideline, throwing safe screens, or so far off that even the DB's cant guess where he's throwing it too.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

xer 21 wrote:Woolsey doesnt throw picks because he's either throwing to the sideline, throwing safe screens, or so far off that even the DB's cant guess where he's throwing it too.
He can also throw long and stretch the field. I wonder if more people would be pulling for him if they saw him play before at one of our top high schools.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

UnBiasFan wrote: I wonder if more people would be pulling for him if they saw him play before at one of our top high schools.
probably. look at all the hopeless people wishing for Ewaliko to play QB when he was a bad passer against MIL competition.

targets.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

xer 21 wrote:
UnBiasFan wrote: I wonder if more people would be pulling for him if they saw him play before at one of our top high schools.
probably. look at all the hopeless people wishing for Ewaliko to play QB when he was a bad passer against MIL competition.
Have you ever watched him play high school games with a record of 22-0 before you pass judgement on our student athletes?

season ticket holder
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by season ticket holder »

Overthrowing wide open receivers equals stretching the field? hilarious. I think you accidentally put 'un' in front of your user name.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

What you guys think about QB by committee? Ikaika for some plays. Taylor for others. Maybe even some spread option with a few athletes in there too?

Why not? :D
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
xer 21 wrote:
Have you ever watched him play high school games with a record of 22-0 before you pass judgement on our student athletes?
please justify his 39 of 86 passing in his senior season.

please.

you dont need tape to see that that's bad.

but im sure that its an accident that his senior season highlight tape has only 6 passes within the first 3 minutes, and three of them are the receivers making him look good by adjusting to poorly thrown balls, while one of them is a lazy toss to a receiver who was totally forgotten by the defense. i mean, later in the video, there's a clip of him throwing a screen pass behind the receiver. cmon.

and thats a HIGHLIGHT tape. if i can see shaky throws in a highlight tape, im not going to assume the best for a QB who threw 45% his senior season. sorry.
Last edited by xer 21 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

targets.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

bigislandkurt wrote:What you guys think about QB by committee? Ikaika for some plays. Taylor for others. Maybe even some spread option with a few athletes in there too?

Why not? :D
why have one bad QB when you can have two bad qb's with no hope of even getting a semblance of rhythm?

i dunno, i dont like it.

targets.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I think Ikaika is the best qb we got right now. I just don't think that coach has gotten him ready to play. Look at the performances of our quarterbacks. I am not impressed. We really need an experienced qb coach. How can we not have one? We are a D1 program. Our weakness on this team is our passing game. When our oline struggled coach upgraded to coach Chris. When our d struggled he made changes. When asked what he thinks may be the problem he says,"I wish I knew."

Qbs not ready to play = qb coach.
Wrs not ready to play = wr coach.

Get us some coaches that can get the job done.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

xer 21 wrote: please justify his 39 of 86 passing in his senior season.

please.

but im sure that its an accident that his senior season highlight tape has only 6 passes within the first 3 minutes, and three of them are the receivers making him look good by adjusting to poorly thrown balls, while one of them is a lazy toss to a receiver who was totally forgotten by the defense. i mean, later in the video, there's a clip of him throwing a screen pass behind the receiver. cmon.

and thats a HIGHLIGHT tape. if i can see shaky throws in a highlight tape, im not going to assume the best for a QB who threw 45% his senior season. sorry.
If you did your homework, instead of merely watching a highlight tape, you would know that he was playing most of the season with a rib injury. Kind of hard to throw, but he played anyway and still managed to find ways to win and take the team to the League championship and win Offensive Player of the Year for the third year.

But you wouldn't know that would you, cause you just watched a highlight tape to make a quick judgement that he was a bad passer.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:

please.

If you did your homework, instead of merely watching a highlight tape, you would know that he was playing most of the season with a rib injury. Kind of hard to throw, but he played anyway and still managed to find ways to win and take the team to the League championship and win Offensive Player of the Year for the third year.

But you wouldn't know that would you, cause you just watched a highlight tape to make a quick judgement that he was a bad passer.
boo hoo. we dont need another woolsey. period. you cant honestly tell me you see a good passer in him. rib injury or not, he doesnt make on target throws.

he's very fast. keep him at wideout. there's a reason that Chow converted him even in spite of how bad our QB situation is.

targets.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:

please.

Dude, we get that Ewaliko is a baller, but he only has a 52% career completion percentage. It's like having Tebow be your QB. No thanks, keep him at receiver.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

xer 21 wrote: boo hoo. we dont need another woolsey. period. you cant honestly tell me you see a good passer in him. rib injury or not, he doesnt make on target throws.

he's very fast. keep him at wideout. there's a reason that Chow converted him even in spite of how bad our QB situation is.
Wow. You really know it all, don't you. And you actually agree with a decision that Coach Chow makes regarding Quarterbacks when it's convenient? Really??

Yeah, that makes sense, put a offensive playmaker on defense, no move him to Running Back, no put him at Slot, geez, he could have been making a difference by now, if he had been groomed at Quarterback with reps.

You haven't seen him play Quarterback, so I don't think you should be so quick to judge. . .

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

EITSwarrior wrote:
wailukuwarriorfan wrote:

please.

Dude, we get that Ewaliko is a baller, but he only has a 52% career completion percentage. It's like having Tebow be your QB. No thanks, keep him at receiver.
You got reading comprehension problems?

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by xer 21 »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote:
You got reading comprehension problems?
do you?

what does this say?

39 of 86 passing.

just stop it.

our QB's may suck, but he isnt any kind of solution. you keep making excuses. first, its because i havent seen him play. then i bring up his highlight tape, and oh wait, all the crappy throws are because of a rib injury. then you say he must be a good QB because chow didnt think he's a QB. by that terrible logic, lets make Luke Shawley a QB. Chow never even gave him a shot!

targets.