Politclyincrekt's Top 25

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Politclyincrekt's Top 25

Post by politclyincrekt »

I think I have seen enough high school football to release a my annual weekly top 25!

Top 10 (2 ILH, 1 MIL, 7 OIA)
1: Punahou (1-0): Extremely easy pick. I had mixed feelings about putting them on top until they dismantled St. Louis this week.
2: Mililani (4-0): Easily the top public school thus far.
3: Kamehameha (1-0): Won't face a real test till the end of the month against St. Louis.
4: Leilehua (3-0): Hard decision. Really beating up the OIA Division 1 Red.
5: Kahuku (3-0): Strength of schedule thus far is the only thing keeping Kahuku behind Leilehua. We might not see a change till they play later in the season.
6: Farrington (3-0): Say what you want about the penalties, the Govs are on a mission this year.
7: Campbell (2-0): The only undefeated team left in the OIA Division 1. Campbell ruined Moanalua's 1-0 after beating Waianae and they could ruin some seasons in the OIA like they did last year.
8: Lahainaluna (3-0): They may be a Division 2 team, but there is no doubt they play Division 1 level football.
9: Kaiser (1-1): The Cougars may need to reevaluate if they want to keep surprising in the Division 1.
10: Waianae (1-2): True to Searider tradition, the wheels are taking a bit of time to get turning. But once they get this new offensive formation rolling, they could make a splash come states.

Next 10 (1 BIIF, 2 ILH, 1 KIF, 1 MIL, 5 OIA)
11: St. Louis (0-3): How is an 0-3 team even close to the Top 10? When Cal Lee is in control of this Crusader offense, that's how! We saw a teaser of the kind of damage this offense can do vs. Mililani. If the Crusaders can shore up that defense (and if Punahou slips), the season may not be over yet.
12: Kapolei (0-3): Another 0-3 team in the top 20. They hung tight against a nasty Farrington team. If they can make some changes (and pick-up some wins against the rest of their mid-card schedule), they could make some noise in the play-offs.
13: Moanalua (1-2): Always has the potential to drop a loss on the unsuspecting powerhouse team.
14: Iolani (2-0): Don't expect any losses for the Private School Raiders till they play the ILH Division 1 teams (all of them) to end their season.
15: Hilo (2-0): The Vikings are dropping some serious points on their BIIF competition. Hilo is my personal favorite to take the Big Island Division 1.
16: Maui (3-0): Squeaked by Baldwin this week. Could this be the year of the Sabers on the Valley Isle?
17: Kapaa (1-1): While the loss hurts Kapaa in the rankings, coming within 5 seconds of defeating Lahainaluna sure helps.
18: Castle (1-1): A lot of people (including myself) has counted out Castle for the next few seasons. But the end of last year and this year has proven (to me, at least) that the Knights are mid-card contenders in the OIA Division 1.
19: Pearl City (3-0): The Chargers have been dropping points left and right onto the OIA White and I see no reason why they'd stop anytime soon.
20: Aiea (1-1): The Na Ali'i are really one of those teams you can never count out. Sometimes they suffer a horrendous loss against a weaker opponent...and sometimes they ruin an OIA juggernaut's day.

Sneaking In (1 BIIF, 1 ILH, 1 KIF, 1 MIL, 1 OIA)
21: McKinley (0-3): One of a handful of teams being mauled by academics. If they can suit up more than two thirds of their squad, the Tigers can be true mid-card contenders.
22: Damien (1-1): The Monarchs' program has been making steady gains over the last few seasons. An early win against Kauai is another step in the right direction.
23: Baldwin (0-2): The Bears are going to have to make up some ground against the MIL Division 2 if they want to keep up with Maui.
24: Kauai (0-2): While early losses may seem like a bad thing in the always competitive KIF, the 2013 champs haven't begun their regular season schedule yet.
25: KS-Hawaii (1-0): An early season win against Konawaena could be all the difference when KS-Hawaii and Hawaii Prep fight for the BIIF D2 crown.

On the Bench
(No Particular Order)
Kailua
Nanakuli
Pac-Five
Radford
Waipahu

Overall Conference Power Rankings:
(While conferences may have individual powerhouse teams, this ranking takes into account conference performance as a whole)
1. ILH Division I (0.800)
2. OIA Blue (0.600)
T3. ILH Division II (0.400)
T3. KIF (0.400)
T3. OIA Red (0.400)
6. MIL Division I (0.200)
7. MIL Division II (0.00)
T8. BIIF Division I (-0.400)
T8. BIIF Division II (-0.400)
10. OIA White (-0.600)

STATISTICS
54.3% of all HHSAA teams in Top 25
25% of all BIIF teams in Top 25 (BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
71.4% of all ILH teams in Top 25 (ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
66% of all KIF teams in Top 25 (ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
60% of all MIL teams in Top 25 (PAR; 0)
56.5% of all OIA teams in Top 25 (PAR; 0)
(>10% below HHSAA percentage is below average, >10% above HHSAA percentage is above average, within 10% of HHSAA percentage is par)
-------------------------------------------------------
Of the Top 25 Teams:
4% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
4% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division II comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
12% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
8% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
8% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
4% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA: PAR; 0)
4% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
24% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
24% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
4% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
(Below Average, Above Average, and Par grades follow same as above, except with 5% deviation)
Of the Top 25 Division I Teams (of which there are 18; 23 total in the HHSAA):
5.5% represent the BIIF (BIIF comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division I; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
16.7% represent the ILH (ILH comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
11.1% represent the MIL (MIL comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
33.3% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 30.4% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
33.3% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 30.4% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
(Below Average, Above Average, and Par grades follow same as above, except with 5% deviation)
Of the Top 25 Division II Teams (of which there are 7; 23 total in the HHSAA):
14.3% represent the BIIF (BIIF comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
28.6% represent the ILH (ILH comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division II; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
28.6% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division II; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
14.3% represent the MIL (MIL comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
14.3% represent the OIA (OIA comprises 39.1% of the HHSAA Division II; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
Top 10 Statistics ('above average' worth 2-points, 'par' worth 1-point):
0.0% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
0.0% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
20% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +2)
0.0% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
0.0% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
0.0% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0*)
10% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; +1)
30% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +2)
20% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; PAR; +1)
0.0% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
Next 10 Statistics ('above average' worth 1-points, 'par' worth 0-points):
10% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; PAR)
0.0% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
10% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR)
10% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; PAR)
10% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR)
10% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
0.0% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
10% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
30% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
10% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1))
(IMAGES BORROWED FROM SCORINGLIVE.COM)

*Not fair to give away points just because the conference is small.
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Politclyincrekt's Top 25

Post by studfinder »

politclyincrekt wrote:I think I have seen enough high school football to release a my annual weekly top 25!

Top 10
1: Punahou (1-0): Extremely easy pick. I had mixed feelings about putting them on top until they dismantled St. Louis this week.
2: Mililani (4-0): Easily the top public school thus far.
3: Kamehameha (1-0): Won't face a real test till the end of the month against St. Louis.
4: Leilehua (3-0): Hard decision. Really beating up the OIA Division 1 Red.
5: Kahuku (3-0): Strength of schedule thus far is the only thing keeping Kahuku behind Leilehua. We might not see a change till they play later in the season.
6: Farrington (3-0): Say what you want about the penalties, the Govs are on a mission this year.
7: Campbell (2-0): The only undefeated team left in the OIA Division 1. Campbell ruined Moanalua's 1-0 after beating Waianae and they could ruin some seasons in the OIA like they did last year.
8: Lahainaluna (3-0): They may be a Division 2 team, but there is no doubt they play Division 1 level football.
9: Kaiser (1-1): The Cougars may need to reevaluate if they want to keep surprising in the Division 1.
10: Waianae (1-2): True to Searider tradition, the wheels are taking a bit of time to get turning. But once they get this new offensive formation rolling, they could make a splash come states.

Next 10
11: St. Louis (0-3): How is an 0-3 team even close to the Top 10? When Cal Lee is in control of this Crusader offense, that's how! We saw a teaser of the kind of damage this offense can do vs. Punahou. If the Crusaders can shore up that defense (and if Punahou slips), the season may not be over yet.
12: Kapolei (0-3): Another 0-3 team in the top 20. They hung tight against a nasty Farrington team. If they can make some changes (and pick-up some wins against the rest of their mid-card schedule), they could make some noise in the play-offs.
13: Moanalua (1-2): Always has the potential to drop a loss on the unsuspecting powerhouse team.
14: Iolani (2-0): Don't expect any losses for the Private School Raiders till they play the ILH Division 1 teams (all of them) to end their season.
15: Hilo (2-0): The Vikings are dropping some serious points on their BIF competition. Hilo is my personal favorite to take the Big Island Division 1.
16: Maui (3-0): Squeaked by Baldwin this week. Could this be the year of the Sabers on the Valley Isle?
17: Kapaa (1-1): While the loss hurts Kapaa in the rankings, coming within 5 seconds of defeating Lahainaluna sure helps.
18: Castle (1-1): A lot of people (including myself) has counted out Castle for the next few seasons. But the end of last year and this year has proven (to me, at least) that the Knights are mid-card contenders in the OIA Division 1.
19: Pearl City (3-0): The Chargers have been dropping points left and right onto the OIA White and I see no reason why they'd stop anytime soon.
20: Aiea (1-1): The Na Ali'i are really one of those teams you can never count out. Sometimes they suffer a horrendous loss against a weaker opponent...and sometimes they ruin an OIA juggernaut's day.

Sneaking In
21: McKinley (0-3): One of a handful of teams being mauled by academics. If they can suit up more than two thirds of their squad, the Tigers can be true mid-card contenders.
22: Damien (1-1): The Monarchs' program has been making steady gains over the last few seasons. An early win against Kauai is another step in the right direction.
23: Baldwin (0-2): The Bears are going to have to make up some ground against the MIL Division 2 if they want to keep up with Maui.
24: Kauai (0-2): While early losses may seem like a bad thing in the always competitive KIF, the 2013 champs haven't begun their regular season schedule yet.
25: KS-Hawaii (1-0): An early season win against Konawaena could be all the difference when KS-Hawaii and Hawaii Prep fight for the BIF D2 crown.
No 2-0 Nanakuli team? They had convincing wins and a big Colorado commit OL/DL in Lyle Tuiloma. I don't think Radford or Pearl City will beat them. Remember that Nanakuli JV either won or played for the OIA division 2 Championship the last 3 years.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@studfinder: Yes; I, too, thought that Nanakuli should be in there, just behind Pearl City. However, I don't think Radford will beat Nanakuli. If Radford had trouble with Roosevelt, they probably won't beat Nanakuli. I think Pearl City will beat Nanakuli, but it will be VERY close between those two. I wouldn't be surprised if their game were decided by a TD or less.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

studfinder wrote:No 2-0 Nanakuli team? They had convincing wins and a big Colorado commit OL/DL in Lyle Tuiloma. I don't think Radford or Pearl City will beat them. Remember that Nanakuli JV either won or played for the OIA division 2 Championship the last 3 years.
I didn't list Nanakuli (or Radford, for that matter) for a few simple reasons. The first (and main reason) is that I do not discriminate by divisions in my list. The nature of the list is that a higher ranked team should be reasonably expected to beat another team ranked lower. Beating a higher ranked team will move you up the power ranking, losing to someone lower will lower your ranking (all regardless of division and record). Naturally, teams with a weaker schedule (OIA Division II teams) will have a disadvantage from the start. From what I've seen so far this season, I cannot reasonably assume that Nanakuli is capable of defeating #25 KS-Hawaii (this in and of itself is a long winded response which goes all the way to Damien's win over Kauai at Vidinha).

This week Nanakuli has an opportunity to play Waialua (common opponent to Pearl City). If they can defeat Waialua in greater fashion than Pearl City (or even equal) and another team in the rankings slip, then we'll see Nanakuli move into the top 25. But so far, their schedule isn't the strongest. Nanakuli's ranking also hinges on how well Kalani plays (believe it or not). If Kalani does well, Kalaheo's ranking improves (due to their win against the Falcons) and Nanakuli's will improve (based on their impressive win against Kalaheo).

If I HAD to rank Nanakuli, I would place them at probably #27 or #28 behind Kailua and perhaps Pac-5.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

politclyincrekt wrote:
studfinder wrote:No 2-0 Nanakuli team? They had convincing wins and a big Colorado commit OL/DL in Lyle Tuiloma. I don't think Radford or Pearl City will beat them. Remember that Nanakuli JV either won or played for the OIA division 2 Championship the last 3 years.
I didn't list Nanakuli (or Radford, for that matter) for a few simple reasons. The first (and main reason) is that I do not discriminate by divisions in my list. The nature of the list is that a higher ranked team should be reasonably expected to beat another team ranked lower. Beating a higher ranked team will move you up the power ranking, losing to someone lower will lower your ranking (all regardless of division and record). Naturally, teams with a weaker schedule (OIA Division II teams) will have a disadvantage from the start. From what I've seen so far this season, I cannot reasonably assume that Nanakuli is capable of defeating #25 KS-Hawaii (this in and of itself is a long winded response which goes all the way to Damien's win over Kauai at Vidinha).

This week Nanakuli has an opportunity to play Waialua (common opponent to Pearl City). If they can defeat Waialua in greater fashion than Pearl City (or even equal) and another team in the rankings slip, then we'll see Nanakuli move into the top 25. But so far, their schedule isn't the strongest. Nanakuli's ranking also hinges on how well Kalani plays (believe it or not). If Kalani does well, Kalaheo's ranking improves (due to their win against the Falcons) and Nanakuli's will improve (based on their impressive win against Kalaheo).

If I HAD to rank Nanakuli, I would place them at probably #27 or #28 behind Kailua and perhaps Pac-5.
I don't know; Kailua is having a pretty lousy year. OK: If you would rank Nanakuli as low as #27 or #28, shouldn't Pearl City be only JUST ahead, at #26 or #27? I don't think Pearl City is dramatically better than Nanakuli; I think those two should be VERY close in the rankings.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

That's fair enough, mahalo guys.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

My rationale for Pearl City being 8-9 places ahead of Nanakuli is that, while it seems like a lot, there are a lot of teams (I feel) between the two. There are a handful of Division I mid/low-card teams coming between them. They are both very dominant forces in the OIA White, no question. Nor do I doubt that Nanakuli is capable of taking the OIA White title. It's just that both schools haven't had real tests of strength yet (and they probably won't until later this month when Radford, Nanakuli, and Pearl City tackle each other).

Digressing to my first point, a lot can happen this week that will (assuming Nanakuli handily wins their game) push the Golden Hawks into the top 25:

-KS-Hawaii dismantled by Hilo
-Baldwin dismantled by Lahainaluna
-Kauai falling to Waimea
-Any combination of the above or others

For a team to move up, another team MUST move down. At this point in the season, I am not comfortable moving any of the teams out of the top 25. Any number of the "Sneaking In" teams are capable of dropping this week. Tough losses to some of the lower "Next 10" could also cause huge drops (and Nanakuli entrance into the Top 25).

SIDE NOTE: I've added an "On the Bench" section showing the next five in my ranking with no particular order.

There are some key match-ups that could change the official season standings as well as my rankings. Here are some important games (IMO) this week:

#15 Hilo over #25 KS-Hawaii @ Wong Stadium
Both of these teams are on the right road to take the BIF for their respective divisions. A loss by either could allow the next best to take the crown away (more so for KS-Hawaii than Hilo, however, as the Warriors could pull away from Hawaii Prep with a win). The Vikings will have home field advantage and, the way they've been dropping points, I see KS-Hawaii losing by at least 2 touchdowns.

Waimea over #24 Kauai @ Vidinha Stadium
This is a key match-up in the always competitive Kauai Interscholastic Federation and the first true measuring stick for both teams. Based on Kauai's performance, however, I have to give the slight edge to Waimea. Kauai is coming off of two straight losses and Waimea was able to shock visiting Hawaii Prep a couple weeks ago. I see a change in ranking for both teams this week.

#13 Moanalua over #12 Kapolei @ Moanalua
Kapolei has proven for the passed 3 weeks in a row that it has trouble with the pass. And Moanalua has proven for the passed 3 weeks in a row that all it wants to do is pass. The only way Kapolei can win is if they keep up with Moanalua's scoring. Not even Farrington's smothering defense could not stop Moanalua from dropping 556 passing yards.

Kalani over Roosevelt @ Roosevelt
This is a key game for many OIA White teams looking to enter the Top 25. An impressive win by Kalani could push a lot of teams closer (or even into) the top 25. Kalaheo and Nanakuli stand to benefit the most from a resounding Falcon win.

#8 Lahainaluna over #23 Baldwin @ War Memorial Stadium
Baldwin needs to stay competitive if they want to stay in the Top 25 this week. Unfortunately, I just don't see that happening. Maui has a new football chief.

Radford over Kaimuki @ Kaiser
A lot of people (including myself) see Radford's struggle against Roosevelt as a huge sign that the Rams aren't the same this year. This game will have huge implications for both this ranking and Radford's standings in the OIA White if they also struggle against Kaimuki this week.

Other Games
#1 Punahou over Damien
#19 Pearl City over Anuenue
#3 Kamehameha over St. Francis
Konawaena over Keaau
King Kekaulike over KS-Maui
#9 Kaiser over Waipahu
#10 Waianae over #21 McKinley
#4 Leilehua over #18 Castle
#7 Campbell over Kailua
#11 St. Louis over Pac-Five
Kealakehe over Hawaii Prep
Waiakea over Honokaa
#6 Farrington over #20 Aiea
Radford over Kaimuki
Nanakuli over Waialua

(IMAGES BORROWED FROM SCORINGLIVE.COM)
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@politclyincrekt: The only thing I question is your picking Moanalua to beat Kapolei.
1. Kapolei probably has the best O-line in the state, though it's hard to tell based on the team's record.
2. Moanalua had some 574 yards passing, but they STILL lost to Farrington, and the score wasn't even close.
3. Farrington beat Kapolei by ONLY TWO points.
4. You say Farrington has a fierce D, and I agree. However, someone on another thread said their PASS defense isn't that good. Could THAT be why Moanalua got so many yards through the air?

I like Kapolei by 7.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:@politclyincrekt: The only thing I question is your picking Moanalua to beat Kapolei.
1. Kapolei probably has the best O-line in the state, though it's hard to tell based on the team's record.
2. Moanalua had some 574 yards passing, but they STILL lost to Farrington, and the score wasn't even close.
4. You say Farrington has a fierce D, and I agree. However, someone on another thread said their PASS defense isn't that good. Could THAT be why Moanalua got so many yards through the air?

I like Kapolei by 7.
Kapolei has the best offensive line? Did you see their stats on rushing the past 3 games? They don't even lead the league in passing. Please give some evidence of the best line. Here, Mililani, Farrington, Leilehua, Kahuku, Moanalua's lines rank better statistically. Kapolei on paper should win by 50, realistically they are overrated. I like Alton, Spraglin, Kea, and Mautatia, maybe Centinio, but that line proved nothing. Sorry!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

studfinder wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:@politclyincrekt: The only thing I question is your picking Moanalua to beat Kapolei.

I like Kapolei by 7.
Kapolei has the best offensive line? Did you see their stats on rushing the past 3 games? They don't even lead the league in passing. Please give some evidence of the best line. Here, Mililani, Farrington, Leilehua, Kahuku, Moanalua's lines rank better statistically. Kapolei on paper should win by 50, realistically they are overrated. I like Alton, Spraglin, Kea, and Mautatia, maybe Centinio, but that line proved nothing. Sorry!
Well, a couple of guys said Kapolei has a COLLEGE line; one that isn't just FAT and slow. Other than their line, I don't know a whole lot about Kapolei. Could their lack of rushing yardage be due to not having a good RB? Could their lack of passing yardage be due to not having a good QB and / or receivers? I think the most important thing about Kapolei is that they lost to Farrington by only two (two PATs, I believe, or perhaps a safety? Can't remember. I do remember Kapolei coach Hernandez talking about a breakdown in his special teams). On the other hand, Farrington DRUBBED Moanalua. So, it's hard for me to see Moanalua getting past Kapolei, despite Moanalua's passing game. Another thing: I think Moanalua's D-line is weaker than Farrington's D-line. It would seem to me that Kapolei's O-line would pretty much have its way with Moanalua's D-line. And, if Kapolei's "college" O-line can run-block this weaker Moanalua D-line, killing clock, that would also serve to keep Moanalua's high-octane passing offense off the field.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

I like Kapolei by 7.
Moanalua was able to move the ball at will against Farrington. Late drive turnovers is what did it in for Na Menehune that night. Kapolei's secondary will be overwhelmed by Moanalua's passing attack. Especially if Jason Sharsh is on the field this week, Moanalua's quarterback has too many targets for Kapolei to deal with. Even if they have the best O-line in the state, Kapolei doesn't have the weaponry behind the line to keep up with Moanalua, IMO.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

For extended conversation and commentary, I have posted some statistics regarding the different HHSAA conferences and ranked the conferences based on these statistics.

viewtopic.php?p=547312#p547312

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Wow you put a lot of work into your analysis, including the color fonts and team logo..
I appreciate your hard work :hello1:

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

What in the world is a college line? You mean college size line, yes, they are very much a college size line, but . . . . for what. i don't care if you got someone on a wheelchair in the backfield, with that size line the holes should be enormous. I know Kapolei has so much talent in the backfield, but the yards gained are embarrassing. Might be time to just give the head coaching to DJ. Maybe a change is needed to make things better.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

studfinder wrote:What in the world is a college line? You mean college size line, yes, they are very much a college size line, but . . . . for what. i don't care if you got someone on a wheelchair in the backfield, with that size line the holes should be enormous. I know Kapolei has so much talent in the backfield, but the yards gained are embarrassing. Might be time to just give the head coaching to DJ. Maybe a change is needed to make things better.
I'm assuming that most guys would say that a high-school line that's like a college line, is one that's big and tall. There's another school in the OIA Red that has a line that's probably just as heavy as Kapolei's, but is fat and slow. I'm not going to mention the school's name, as I don't want its alumni riding my butt. Now, you say you know Kapolei has "so much talent" in the backfield, but politclyincrekt says it doesn't. Who's right?