What the heck was up with the play calling???

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: What the heck was up with the play calling???

Post by My3Cats »

I think that the offensive play calling was extremely conservative because of Woolsey's inexperience and the need to have him gain confidence, hence the game management theory. It didn't help with the receivers dropping balls and Ikaika missing passes in the second half. He did look great in the 1st quarter however.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

warriorfan70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by warriorfan70 »

I think the play calling through the 3rd quarter was okay except the bone head play to have the wide receiver throw the ball on 4th down very dumb. The last two possessions in the the fourth quarter really suck Not the kind of plays that will get you over the hump in a tight game. The Reality is the team will never win game until our Coaching staff learn how to win themselves. Base on the play callings in the fourth quarter yesterday it will not happen any time soon.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

I'm hoping a lot of of what happened were first game jitters. Over anxious, running before catching the ball... wrong routes... uncertainty as to where to go and therefore not getting open soon enough.

Warriors scored 4 times to Washington's 3. Problem is, Washington did better in the redzone at scoring 6's. 3's won't cut it in today's game. Got to find plays that work in the redzone.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com