Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 pg1-6, 2015 pg7..

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Kahuku High Red Raider Football- 2014 and beyond

Post by harus0ra »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
harus0ra wrote:There's no excuses for losing to Kaiser wether it's turnovers or penalties, Kaiser still out played kahuku! I just realized that tuli is not a good QB. He holds on the ball to long, look lost everytime and doesn't read the defense. Typical kahuku QB. For the defense there safeties doing the same mistakes as last year, there letting receivers get past them...big plays came from that and they should change the safeties
a good safety can play mind games with the QB and lure him in to making those long throws which our safety was successful in doing on those two long bombs for td, problem is our safety didnt have the recover speed to break up the pass or even catch the wr after the catch. Maybe thats the best personnel we have for the safety position.

tuli is a great QB and more then enough for what we need to win games, our offense does not demand him to make a ton of throws every game, just follow the game plan and let the coaches call the plays. tuli broke off a 60+ yd td against kaiser which is impressive so he adds that dimension to the offense, we have won state titles with far less talented qb's at the helm.
A good safety won't give up big plays! what kawe did is he stayed back and made sure nothing gets past him. If the safeties can stay behind the receivers it will force the QB to look elsewhere and to hold the ball longer. Big plays came off of safeties not being around. I would put soli and manaia at safety or alohi and keala at safety

As for tuli he needs to get the ball off quicker and to read the defense. Coaches does call the plays but he panics and look what happens 3 ints. He needs to believe in himself and trust his oline

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

harus0ra wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:
harus0ra wrote:There's no excuses for losing to Kaiser wether it's turnovers or penalties, Kaiser still out played kahuku! I just realized that tuli is not a good QB. He holds on the ball to long, look lost everytime and doesn't read the defense. Typical kahuku QB. For the defense there safeties doing the same mistakes as last year, there letting receivers get past them...big plays came from that and they should change the safeties
a good safety can play mind games with the QB and lure him in to making those long throws which our safety was successful in doing on those two long bombs for td, problem is our safety didnt have the recover speed to break up the pass or even catch the wr after the catch. Maybe thats the best personnel we have for the safety position.

tuli is a great QB and more then enough for what we need to win games, our offense does not demand him to make a ton of throws every game, just follow the game plan and let the coaches call the plays. tuli broke off a 60+ yd td against kaiser which is impressive so he adds that dimension to the offense, we have won state titles with far less talented qb's at the helm.
A good safety won't give up big plays! what kawe did is he stayed back and made sure nothing gets past him. If the safeties can stay behind the receivers it will force the QB to look elsewhere and to hold the ball longer. Big plays came off of safeties not being around. I would put soli and manaia at safety or alohi and keala at safety

As for tuli he needs to get the ball off quicker and to read the defense. Coaches does call the plays but he panics and look what happens 3 ints. He needs to believe in himself and trust his oline
Tuli is a great athlete who givien time could be a pretty darn good QB.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

harus0ra wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:

We shall see how the coaches adapt from here on out, coach leslie may have 30 yrs experience under his belt but its not here in hawaii let alone kahuku where the style is unique. glad that our oc and dc do understand the unique history of kahuku football and with the new fresh mindset of coach leslie lets see what changes happen and how well they play against leilehua this week.

we are not super dominant this year as in years past but we have enough pieces to win a chest match if thats what its going to take, and thats what im expecting from our coaching staff.
-------------------

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Maybe give kesi reps at QB?

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

rrforlifebaby wrote:
he is learning a new system so give him that, however on some of his throws there are accuracy issues which has nothing to do with the system but just plain old mechanics. but like i said, we dont need him to be great, just be average, we just cant have other positions suck like giving up two long td bombs.

maybe try chance maghanoy at db with his athleticism he might be a great corner, and then role play him at wr. not sure about his tackling ablitly though.

who is our backup QB? i know kesi can throw a decent ball but is he QB material? is samuta avea the jv qb, how good is he?
-------------------

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
harus0ra wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:

We shall see how the coaches adapt from here on out, coach leslie may have 30 yrs experience under his belt but its not here in hawaii let alone kahuku where the style is unique. glad that our oc and dc do understand the unique history of kahuku football and with the new fresh mindset of coach leslie lets see what changes happen and how well they play against leilehua this week.

we are not super dominant this year as in years past but we have enough pieces to win a chest match if thats what its going to take, and thats what im expecting from our coaching staff.
You'd thought they adjusted from the castle game being the deep ball is a threat to the defense and look what happened in the Kaiser game. The mules is the best passing team statistic wise and they aim for the deep ball

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:
he is learning a new system so give him that, however on some of his throws there are accuracy issues which has nothing to do with the system but just plain old mechanics. but like i said, we dont need him to be great, just be average, we just cant have other positions suck like giving up two long td bombs.

maybe try chance maghanoy at db with his athleticism he might be a great corner, and then role play him at wr. not sure about his tackling ablitly though.

who is our backup QB? i know kesi can throw a decent ball but is he QB material? is samuta avea the jv qb, how good is he?
To me kesi can play every position because he's very mature and plays with no fear

dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

Post by dirtylickens »

this may be a blessing in disguise. Kahuku had a free run to the OIA playoffs not having to play Mililani, Farrington, or Campbell. Kahuku will be focused, and will finish the OIA season at the top. its between them and Mililani for the OIA.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

dirtylickens wrote:this may be a blessing in disguise. Kahuku had a free run to the OIA playoffs not having to play Mililani, Farrington, or Campbell. Kahuku will be focused, and will finish the OIA season at the top. its between them and Mililani for the OIA.
I admire your confidence in--and support of--Kahuku. But after the loss to Kaiser, we have to believe that Farrington is the favorite to challenge Mililani. But, we shall see, when Kahuku plays Farrington.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

dirtylickens wrote:this may be a blessing in disguise. Kahuku had a free run to the OIA playoffs not having to play Mililani, Farrington, or Campbell. Kahuku will be focused, and will finish the OIA season at the top. its between them and Mililani for the OIA.
unless we had a few stud players sit out this past game agaist kaiser I wouldnt jump the gun just yet. if it happened once it can happen again.

one game at a time from here on out.
-------------------

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

I believe Farrington hasnt been challenged by a good team yet. There secondary gave up a state record against a Moanalua QB. No disrespect, and not to say that Kahukus is much better. But I believe that Mililani can simply pass right over the farringtons front seven. Farrington has a solid line backers core but an overrated defensive line. Kahuku on the other hand, is better at the smash mouth football, and given the turnovers and mental mistakes i dont see them replicating the Kaiser performance anytime soon. I have seen too many positives from this Kahuku team to consider them less than Farrington. I have seen too many confident Farrington teams play second fiddle to Kahuku. I fear this will be another year where Farrington will dominate the lesser teams, and lose to Mililani, and possibly Campbell. But dont see them being able to play Kahuku in a big game.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
unless we had a few stud players sit out this past game agaist kaiser I wouldnt jump the gun just yet. if it happened once it can happen again.

one game at a time from here on out.

I respect the cautious optimism, or pessimism if you wanna see it that way. Just my opinion, Kahuku is a solid team, enjoy watching Ah-Hoy run the ball. Im rooting for them to succeed.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

dirtylickens wrote:.. I fear this will be another year where Farrington will dominate the lesser teams, and lose to Mililani, and possibly Campbell. But dont see them being able to play Kahuku in a big game.
the top 6 teams from blue will play the top 6 from red division, there is every possiblity that kahuku might play farrington in the the earlier rounds of the playoffs. i do believe it will be

1. mill
2.camp,
3. farr
4.moanalua
5. kapolei
6. kailua
in that red division

if we finish
1. kahuku
2. leilehua
3. waianae
4. kaiser
5. castle
6. mckinley
...we could see farringotn in the second round after they take out the #6 ranked team in our division.
-------------------

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

forgive me, I meant to say that Farrington will not be able to BEAT kahuku in a big game, not just play them. forgive me!

Aitorahi
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
dirtylickens wrote:.. I fear this will be another year where Farrington will dominate the lesser teams, and lose to Mililani, and possibly Campbell. But dont see them being able to play Kahuku in a big game.
the top 6 teams from blue will play the top 6 from red division, there is every possiblity that kahuku might play farrington in the the earlier rounds of the playoffs. i do believe it will be

1. mill
2.camp,
3. farr
4.moanalua
5. kapolei
6. kailua
in that red division

if we finish
1. kahuku
2. leilehua
3. waianae
4. kaiser
5. castle
6. mckinley
...we could see farringotn in the second round after they take out the #6 ranked team in our division.

I believe that if the teams finish as you show, Kahuku would face the winner of Moanalua/Castle in the quater finals, after a first round bye. Then a Campbell in the semis. If Kahuku finish 1st in red and Farrington finish 3rd in the blue, the only way they would meet would be in the finals.