2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
WeeepyBuss
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by WeeepyBuss »

Ilaban vs Ikei should be good.
Tagami(ROS) at 120 could be a sleeper.
Crimmins(PUN) at 145 could do better than 138.

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

The Girls:
Campbell put lahaina and Kamehameha on notice that they want in on this fight. Both teams left key people at home but so did campbell. Should be an i teresting state title run.

97- Hoshino but no real standout in this division, anything can happen
102- Pundyke walked through the field and is clearly the one to beat
107- Encinas looks tough coming back from a loss at maui
112- Freitas poised for a title run as she toyed with her comp all night long
117- quickest pin! blinked and it was over
122- Z.Vierra the freshman making her claim that she belongs in the conversation, wrestled a team mate in the finals but seemed to take it a little light...bad mistake for a freshman but she pulled it out
127- Another Alo but same results, easily handled everyone here
132- Williams walked away with the title but things might change
138- Most anticipated match for the girls however more hype than anything else, Alo just to much for anyone in highschool. easily walked through returning state champ Vasquez.
145- Peralta looked really good in her match and would of much rather see her and Jaramillo go at it but why would she come down after beating Peralta 14-0 in Maui.
** this is where it gets intersting, I suspect most of the girls did not compete in order to see where they could contend for a title. If the Alos stand their ground people will avoid, Jaramillo and Peralta should be finalist at 145. Both 122 & 132 seems like spots up for grabs however 155 is another one that i believe will change being girls seem to struggle with weight.
155- Wright may have even shocked herself while claiming her title, think she needs to enjoy it as she will have lots of company in thhe next couple of months.
168- Morris looks good at this weight could find herself in the finals again!
184- Miner a little to physical for everyone who entered
225- Sarkar...keeping it warm for Mataafa come March

there should be some major shuffling but we wont find out untill March!

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Lahaina left at least 60pts. At home.

ProudDad
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by ProudDad »

Looking at the boys team score, is dat a mistake with Moanalua beating out Lahainaluna?...dey weren't even in da conversation and everyone picked Lahaina myself included...Kapolei is another sleeper team to keep watch..now I might have to reconsider my pick and keep tabs on both Moanalua and Kapolei...

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

What happened to Crimmins? USA Wrestling issue a cease a desist over display of their logo?

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

talloola25 wrote:Lahaina left at least 60pts. At home.
Thats lots of points maybe to much how did you get atlest 60

Moanalua is legit, they have a full squad and could give lahaina a run...dont think Lahaina will walk away with many titltes but on sheer numbers could bring someone inevery spot and that is a huge advantage

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

SportCourt wrote:

Moanalua is legit, they have a full squad and could give lahaina a run...dont think Lahaina will walk away with many individual
titltes but on sheer numbers could bring someone inevery spot and that is a huge advantage

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

SportCourt wrote:

Moanalua is legit, they have a full squad and could give lahaina a run...dont think Lahaina will walk away with many titltes but on sheer numbers could bring someone inevery spot and that is a huge advantage
For the girls. Mataafa and Jaramillo each earning 1st through a windfall of pins(will earn between 20 and 30 apiece, depending on numbers.

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

talloola25 wrote:
SportCourt wrote:

For the girls. Mataafa and Jaramillo each earning 1st through a windfall of pins(will earn between 20 and 30 apiece, depending on numbers.
I think for sure Mataafa and high probability of Jaramillo getting done also however you maybe thinking Dual meet scoring and not state tournament scoring where a pin is only worth 2 points and a win only 1/2 a point. A state champ only has 4 matches even if we include advancement points they cant hit your numbers.

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

Advancement points in the champ side are 2 points each. Pins are worth 2 points apiece.
4 rounds at 4points apiece (2adv +2 bonus for pin) + 16 placement = 32.
Mataafa earns that every tournament. Jaramillo may not get but 24 or so, but definitely not unlikely.

SportCourt
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by SportCourt »

talloola25 wrote:Advancement points in the champ side are 2 points each. Pins are worth 2 points apiece.
Mataafa earns that every tournament. Jaramillo may not get but 24 or so, but definitely not unlikely.
Thanks!

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by talloola25 »

No problem

Ramashack
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Ramashack »

talloola25 wrote:Advancement points in the champ side are 2 points each. Pins are worth 2 points apiece.
So I understand this....I get the 4rds at 4pts each = 16.....the second part, "+ 16 placement" is for finishing 1st in a 16 person bracket (or inverse of your final spot)?
THX for the explanation.

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

Ramashack wrote:
So I understand this....I get the 4rds at 4pts each = 16.....the second part, "+ 16 placement" is for finishing 1st in a 16 person bracket (or inverse of your final spot)?
THX for the explanation.
What about if they wrestled 5 matches to win the bracket? There's an extra round in a 32 man bracket vs a 16 man bracket. I haven't heard of anyone scoring 36 points in a bracket. Has anyone ever scored 36? Also, you can only get the pin points with an actual pin, byes don't count as a pin so those two girls might get 4-5 matches total.

2Cents
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2Cents »

Keep in mind...

Bye = no bonus points possible and advancement points awarded only if you win your next match

Most seeded wrestlers get byes unless the bracket is full.