2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
1hawaii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2015 Wrestling Speculation and Nonsense

Post by 1hawaii »

The truth be told that will be a great event saberswrestle! Everyone who claims to love wrestling could save the date on their calendar and go pack that gym. Bring some friends, buy a Sabers shirt, eat dinner at their concessions and be loud n proud for the sport. Thank you for the invite, 1hawaii: RSVP for 9!

brandonmaki
High-quality H20 provider

Post by brandonmaki »

A C.A.M.O.G.A. is a Competitive Aggressive Machine Overcoming Great Adversity... The motto started with I believe Coach Goto which was passed down to Casupang, to Kawachi, to Gudoy and now to Reyes.... They all decided to keep a little tradition with the program...

2Cents
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2Cents »

What does the flying zero mean as the Punahou thing? A logo? A mascot? Is it their secret society of Puns?

Or is their mascot a Lauhala tree?

Punahou football fans were flapping the winged zeros around like they could fly during the championship game. Crazy to see, kind of synchronized flapping and cheering. Don't the wrestling parents stand when a Pun is wrestling? Hopefully the flying zero isn't added. Unless we know what it stands for it shouldn't be tolerated, :D

No disrespect to all you Puns, i believe that is also how Punahou likes to be referred to, as "Puns", at least according to Wikipedia.

I know I'm not the only one wondering this.

brandonmaki

Post by brandonmaki »

I believe the Punahou "O" used to stand for Oahu College or University... I believe it was their logo back in the day...

hanzosteel
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hanzosteel »

When my nephew got his first Punahou Varsity letter, it was a big O. When I asked him why an O and not a P - he said i dont know - Hilarious. We have since learned that the O is for Oahu College - dont know what the wings signify

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

Here we go.

"Halau Lokahi" just got raided by law enforcement.

How long 'til they figure out the "Ku Lokahi" wrestling operation owes rent to the State of.Hawaii?

Get out you checkbooks folks.

Pureleafwrestling
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Pureleafwrestling »

Corbetts biggest issue is he's a counter wrestler and when kids don't wrestle him he has no moves to hit. Which in that match the "Camoga" boy did. Corbett got frustrated and threw a sloppy headlock, gave up the match

Kama
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Kama »

twnoexcuses wrote:Here we go.

"Halau Lokahi" just got raided by law enforcement.

How long 'til they figure out the "Ku Lokahi" wrestling operation owes rent to the State of.Hawaii?

Get out you checkbooks folks.
I've always wondered why such a small school had such a large wrestling facility. Not that I had any complaints, I thought it was a terrific thing to have, especially when they opened their doors to all of this islands wrestlers. I do hope they are able to keep their doors open and continue to support the wrestling community.

FoxMulder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by FoxMulder »

wrestling808 wrote:
FoxMulder wrote:One match in the pre-pre-season tournaments doesnt mean anything. These matches are pretty minor and if Corbett takes a loss before the preseason even starts its a huge advantage for him. It gives him that much more time to improve and look at how kids are trying to wrestle him.

I would tend to agree with you about a pre-season loss not being a big deal. Except that that Corbett did the Fargo thing and wrestled all summer. So to lose to a guy out of the blue plays with your mind. And there's another problem for Corbett, the guy he lost to is a left leg lead. Let's see if you can figure out what that means \:D/ . Love, Peace and Unity...
That "Fargo thing" would have been done in july giving plenty of time for anyone that wrestled during the summer time to get rusty. Also Liam has wrestled kids of all different styles and he's wrestled them in greco, freestyle, and folkstyle. Something as minor as a left leg lead wrestler isn't gonna have as big an impact as your indicating. What it'll come down to is whether Liam can learn to wrestle a kid that stalls and blocks him own... As mentioned by someone else Liam is a counter wrestler and he's gonna need yo learn to score points against kids that refuse to wrestle him.

wrestling808

Post by wrestling808 »

FoxMulder wrote:
wrestling808 wrote:
FoxMulder wrote:One match in the pre-pre-season tournaments doesnt mean anything. These matches are pretty minor and if Corbett takes a loss before the preseason even starts its a huge advantage for him. It gives him that much more time to improve and look at how kids are trying to wrestle him.

I would tend to agree with you about a pre-season loss not being a big deal. Except that that Corbett did the Fargo thing and wrestled all summer. So to lose to a guy out of the blue plays with your mind. And there's another problem for Corbett, the guy he lost to is a left leg lead. Let's see if you can figure out what that means \:D/ . Love, Peace and Unity...
That "Fargo thing" would have been done in july giving plenty of time for anyone that wrestled during the summer time to get rusty. Also Liam has wrestled kids of all different styles and he's wrestled them in greco, freestyle, and folkstyle. Something as minor as a left leg lead wrestler isn't gonna have as big an impact as your indicating. What it'll come down to is whether Liam can learn to wrestle a kid that stalls and blocks him own... As mentioned by someone else Liam is a counter wrestler and he's gonna need yo learn to score points against kids that refuse to wrestle him.
Well Fox Mulder, I sure hope you have nothing to do with Corbett. You are in absolute denial. Excuses after excuses.

2Cents
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2Cents »

Regarding Corbet, my money is on the 2 time Fargo All American and 2014 state runner up. He might have even placed his freshman year and not at a typical freshman 106 or 112 weight.

And no "wrestling808" no connection to Corbett just noticing proven results. No denial. Remember he did all that as a freshman and sophomore.

Good luck to all. The preseason starts Saturday. Anyone know what schools are going to Kailua?

FlexBuffchest
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by FlexBuffchest »

Ur in denial if u think a loss in November is going to mean anything come March

Leftfieldcoachlikeu

Post by Leftfieldcoachlikeu »

2Cents wrote:Regarding Corbet, my money is on the 2 time Fargo All American and 2014 state runner up. He might have even placed his freshman year and not at a typical freshman 106 or 112 weight.

And no "wrestling808" no connection to Corbett just noticing proven results. No denial. Remember he did all that as a freshman and sophomore.

Good luck to all. The preseason starts Saturday. Anyone know what schools are going to Kailua?

Did you just confirm that you 2cents and FoxMulder are the same person?

2Cents
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2Cents »

So if I agree with a point of view I am the same person? Little too conspiratorial for me. You know what they say its the guilty ones that can't trust others. Thats the last I will post on your comment leftfteldcoachlikeu.

I will ask again, what schools are planning on attending Saturday Kailua tournament? I realize we will all find out tomorrow but the suspense is killing me. It's not really but I'm just saying........

Let me add, what schools are going to Maui for the MIT?

2Cents
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 2Cents »

Any mainland schools for Officials or MIT? Someone must know I'm sure they don't just register at the door.