unpaid D-1 football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: unpaid D-1 football

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Saturday spotlight shines on BIIF D-I.

Hilo and Keaau.Vikings should take this one.

Kealakehe and Waiakea...both have size ,but Hilo so far has had both a little size and a lot more speed.I will go with Kealakehe in this game.

Getreal$...what you tink,eh?
I totally agree with your predictions.

Hilo vs Keaau will not be close at all. Keaau is really bad this year. Although Keaau did put up 28 points on KS-Hawaii, I was told it was against JV kids that moved up for that game. Hilo has made great strides in their passing game to compliment Tristan Spikes and the running game, but QB Atuekaho needs to minimize his interceptions. Hilo in a blowout.

Kealakehe vs Waiakea-Both teams struggle on offense but the edge has to go to Kealakehe this time around. Kealakehe's defense is slightly better and their offense at home plays fairly well. Kealakehe played Hilo tough at home and beat HPA at HPA. Kealakehe wins this one 28-7

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

Kahuku with 200 Penalty yards, and while they look balanced if you take away the 97 yarder the passing game still struggles.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

95boyz wrote:I guess the drive from Kahuku to everywhere else is short
It's something that you're used to. Closest school to you that you would play is Castle. That would be considered a journey for other schools. Other schools aren't accustomed to the long drive. It's not the reason why Kahuku is great, it does have an effect on the other teams though.

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

Kahuku - keeps finding ways to win, very exciting game at tne end. Was at the game and watched Fehoko who was literally rag dolled at the los. Saw him fall to the ground on a couple plays almost like he was cut blocking ...weird stuff.
Did anyone else feel like the Govs blew it by trying to run on the outside when they were very succesful between the tackles all night. They would gain 4-6 yards go outside and lose 3-5.

Great battle between two teams and they both played their hearts out...the lucky winner gets to get the opportunity to get steamed rolled by Millilani! Dont think Kahuku can stop the run or the pass of Millilani and York is out to prove he has the best RB in the state and QB.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

halaokolele wrote:Kahuku - keeps finding ways to win, very exciting game at tne end. Was at the game and watched Fehoko who was literally rag dolled at the los. Saw him fall to the ground on a couple plays almost like he was cut blocking ...weird stuff.
Did anyone else feel like the Govs blew it by trying to run on the outside when they were very succesful between the tackles all night. They would gain 4-6 yards go outside and lose 3-5.

Great battle between two teams and they both played their hearts out...the lucky winner gets to get the opportunity to get steamed rolled by Millilani! Dont think Kahuku can stop the run or the pass of Millilani and York is out to prove he has the best RB in the state and QB.
Did you say that Fehoko was rag-dolled?

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

saynotomercs wrote:
halaokolele wrote:Kahuku - keeps finding ways to win, very exciting game at tne end. Was at the game and watched Fehoko who was literally rag dolled at the los. Saw him fall to the ground on a couple plays almost like he was cut blocking ...weird stuff.

Did you say that Fehoko was rag-dolled?
He did. lol.
Nice win by Big Red last night. Would loved to have seen some old school smash mouf O with 7 minutes left, but a win is a win.
Big Red's D will be more than up to the challenge. But if the O can't do it's part by scoring or holding onto the ball, the D can only do so much against that O of Mililani.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Yup I think it's going to be really tough for Kahuku to even slow down mililani offense! Milton is just unstoppable and with Kahuku offense not being consistent it could very be a blow out. I'd say if it was farrington O and Kahuku D then there would be a game.

Aitorahi
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

I think the reason the Govs kept trying to go outside was for Mamiya. That's where he is most dangerous and can break off some big plays. He was the key to their game and fortunately for Kahuku, the were able to contain him. It looked like Kahuku's D was starting to tire towards the end, probably because many were playing both ways. They did come up big and played their hearts out though. Great job by Roman Salanoa on his O-line duties against Feihoko.

I'm puzzled why the Govs tried a 50 yard field goal on 4th and 1 when they were down 14-3. I know Sasaoka is a beast, but down by 11 in the second half, really? Also, given Kahuku's special team success, I was very surprised they let Gillman return one after they tied it up. I was expecting Sasaoka to blast it out of the end zone like he can and usually does.

In the first game, Mililani looked impressive on both sides of the ball. But the Trojans haven't faced a defense like Kahuku.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Punahou and St.Louis played one of the best games of the year last night. A few things stood out to me.

Punahou has to feel good about being behind and coming out with the win.All of their weapons were on the table.St.Louis could not take away the run or the pass although the Crusaders did slow them down at times.Defensively,Punahou was able to shut St.Louis out of the end zone for the last part of the third quarter and all of the fourth quarter,if I am not mistaken.There did not seem to be a lot of sacks,or forced fumbles,etc.which tells me the O-Lines for both teams played pretty well.Punahou should still be formidable in 2015.

St.Louis is a much better team than they were at the beginning of the year.The QB starter was eventually set,and this kid is blossoming at the controls.St.Louis is still in search of a running game..they need it bad to kill clock and leave an opponent with little time to mount a comeback.I thought the defense was totally superior to the play the Crusaders exhibited the first half of the year.Still,they gave up 35 tonight.There is room for improvement. St.Louis should be a contender in 2015 but they will have to work on the running game and up the defense a little more to be elite in 2015.

Both teams played very well.

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Punahou and St.Louis played one of the best games of the year last night. A few things stood out to me.

Punahou has to feel good about being behind and coming out with the win.All of their weapons were on the table.St.Louis could not take away the run or the pass although the Crusaders did slow them down at times.Defensively,Punahou was able to shut St.Louis out of the end zone for the last part of the third quarter and all of the fourth quarter,if I am not mistaken.There did not seem to be a lot of sacks,or forced fumbles,etc.which tells me the O-Lines for both teams played pretty well.Punahou should still be formidable in 2015.

St.Louis is a much better team than they were at the beginning of the year.The QB starter was eventually set,and this kid is blossoming at the controls.St.Louis is still in search of a running game..they need it bad to kill clock and leave an opponent with little time to mount a comeback.I thought the defense was totally superior to the play the Crusaders exhibited the first half of the year.Still,they gave up 35 tonight.There is room for improvement. St.Louis should be a contender in 2015 but they will have to work on the running game and up the defense a little more to be elite in 2015.

Have you not seen Jahred Silofau (class of 17) at running back the last few weeks? Missed last nights game due to injury. :D

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Well, I for one already believe that Malepeai is the best RB in the state. However, I think St Louis' "Tua" is the best QB in the state. Milton can run better than Tua, but I think Tua is the better pure-passer.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Well, St Louis is supposed to have a running game. They have a big RB in Silofau, as well as a big O-line. Unfortunately, he didn't play last night due to a concussion suffered against Kamehameha. He's only a sophomore, so he'll be back next year.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Silofau has had good games against Kamehameha twice and the ILH D-II teams.Not so much beyond that. Against contenders....well,the entire ground game against Punahou was 50+ rushing yards one game and just 70+ the other time..The entire Crusader team did a little better against St.John Bosco and Mililani...getting near or a little over 100.Silofau did not even get near a majority of those yards in those games.

The running game hasn;t really been there for St.Louis against the top teams they have faced....the kind of teams they will need to beat next year to be a title contender themselves.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

One must wonder: did the bye week hurt Punahou? Did they underestimate some of St. Louis' offensive weapons because of the injuries to Cui and Silofau? Or did St. Louis catch them by surprise? I loved Punahou's defensive adjustments last night and believe they can right the ship. I also believe that going a month between playing D1 teams (yes, Iolani is a D1 team) hurt them. I also think St. Louis' confidence from the Kamehameha game extended to the early parts of last night before they began to shoot themselves in the foot. If Punahou can take every future opponent of 2014 as seriously as they took St. Louis in the August game, they'll resume their dominance. If anything, this is a case of "whatever does not kill you gives you extra strength". That's bad news for future opponents of theirs. The Puns' extra strength is winning close games after coasting through their first six.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Getreal$ wrote:
unpaid wrote:Saturday spotlight shines on BIIF D-I.

Hilo and Keaau.Vikings should take this one.

Kealakehe and Waiakea...both have size ,but Hilo so far has had both a little size and a lot more speed.I will go with Kealakehe in this game.

Getreal$...what you tink,eh?
I totally agree with your predictions.

Hilo vs Keaau will not be close at all. Keaau is really bad this year. Although Keaau did put up 28 points on KS-Hawaii, I was told it was against JV kids that moved up for that game. Hilo has made great strides in their passing game to compliment Tristan Spikes and the running game, but QB Atuekaho needs to minimize his interceptions. Hilo in a blowout.

Kealakehe vs Waiakea-Both teams struggle on offense but the edge has to go to Kealakehe this time around. Kealakehe's defense is slightly better and their offense at home plays fairly well. Kealakehe played Hilo tough at home and beat HPA at HPA. Kealakehe wins this one 28-7
Hilo up 61-0 at half. Starters still all in and going for 2pt conversions. Baldwin allowing his stars to pad their stats big time.