Former WARRIOR: Mike Washington

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Former WARRIOR: Mike Washington

Post by WA Warrior »

Mike is still as fast as ever and was wide open twice (one drop ball) but here he is catching his first touchdown as a Spokane Shock! Keep it up Mike (#7)!!!

Mahalos [*]Red Gun[/color] for the update!!!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: Former WARRIOR: Mike Washington

Post by ubercow »

nice shot

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Mike "The Joystick" Washington doing what he does best, making people look silly after he catches the ball! GO SHOCK!!!

http://i.imgur.com/tPXPCFG.gif

WA Warrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by WA Warrior »

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I'd say it wasn't until maybe 2009 when I really got into UH football and started visiting the boards and forums daily but I feel like Mike Washington didn't really get as much credit or glory during his senior season. I could totally be wrong as I just looked it up and he was an All-WAC 2nd Team Selection. But I guess maybe him and just the 08 team in general was playing in the shadow of the 07 team and especially the dread heads. I mean he led the team in receiving but only had like 700ish yards.

But I'm glad players like him and Shane Austin are really flourishing in the AFL even if they're not getting a lot of attention. Maybe it's cause they weren't greatly recognized as a Warrior or cause it's the AFL, but still, congrats to them!

Flyin_Hayn
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Mariners,Yankees
NBA: Heat,Clippers,Nets
NFL: Raiders,Cowboys,SeaHawks

Post by Flyin_Hayn »

ESPN 2 is showing Spokane Shock vs Los Angeles Kiss right now, So here is your chance to watch Mike Washington is action.

P.S. Is Colt Brennan still with L.A. Kiss??
"Bring 'em on," he said. Bring anybody on. Why would you want to play other people? If we want to be the best that we can be, then let's go play the best that we can play." - Norm Chow Hawai'i football head coach

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Flyin_Hayn wrote:ESPN 2 is showing Spokane Shock vs Los Angeles Kiss right now, So here is your chance to watch Mike Washington is action.

No. He was cut/left before the season started because he didn't pass the physical exams cause he's apparently diagnosed with 'Traumatic Brain Injury.'

But yeah, it's a real shame cause the LA KISS coach made some comments recently that pretty much says his players suck and he even questioned the ability of their current QB J.J. Raternick. Colt Brennan definitely would've gotten a shot and if Shane Austin succeeding because of the RnS helping out with the faster paced game, Colt would've done just fine as well.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Neighbor wrote:
Flyin_Hayn wrote:ESPN 2 is showing Spokane Shock vs Los Angeles Kiss right now, So here is your chance to watch Mike Washington is action.

No. He was cut/left before the season started because he didn't pass the physical exams cause he's apparently diagnosed with 'Traumatic Brain Injury.'

But yeah, it's a real shame cause the LA KISS coach made some comments recently that pretty much says his players suck and he even questioned the ability of their current QB J.J. Raternick. Colt Brennan definitely would've gotten a shot and if Shane Austin succeeding because of the RnS helping out with the faster paced game, Colt would've done just fine as well.
Guess where he played at in college? :- :D

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

wyokie wrote:
Neighbor wrote:

Guess where he played at in college? :- :D
lol yeah I had seen that when i was first following the KISS when Colt was still there