Hawaii Football Recruiting

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Hawaii Football Prospect Watch List

Post by rednblue »

2017 Saint Louis QB Tua Tagovailoa has received a scholarship offer from the University of Nebraska.

hawaiiwest97
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiiwest97 »

2016 Kaiser OL Michael ELetise has received a scholarship offer from Ole Miss

2016 Kapolei OL Sean Auwae has received a scholarship offer from Oregon State.

Congratulations!!

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Punahou RB Wayne Taulapapa has received a scholarship offer from the University of Hawaii.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Kahuku LB/S Hirkley Latu has received a scholarship offer from the University of Hawaii.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Kamehameha-Kapalama LB Tainoa Foster has received a scholarship offer from the University of Hawaii.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Radford WR Thomas Reid III has received a scholarship offer from the University of Hawaii.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Konawaena DB Luca Vartic has received a scholarship offer from Washington State University.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Kaiser OL Michael Eletise has taken unofficial visits to Oregon State (Thursday), University of Oregon (Friday), and today the University of Washington. Personally, I'm a little disappointed that he left Eugene yesterday without an offer.

Iolani WR Keoni Kordell-Makekau has received a scholarship offer from Washington State University.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

rednblue wrote:Kaiser OL Michael Eletise has taken unofficial visits to Oregon State (Thursday), University of Oregon (Friday), and today the University of Washington. Personally, I'm a little disappointed that he left Eugene yesterday without an offer.

Iolani WR Keoni Kordell-Makekau has received a scholarship offer from Washington State University.
For the record, the last Hawaii High School offensive linemen recruited by Oregon was Mana Greig (St. Louis) in 2009 who walked on and earned a scholarship. It's completely opposite with Oregon's Defense who continually recruits Hawaii players.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

BullNuts808 wrote:
rednblue wrote:Kaiser OL Michael Eletise has taken unofficial visits to Oregon State (Thursday), University of Oregon (Friday), and today the University of Washington. Personally, I'm a little disappointed that he left Eugene yesterday without an offer.

For the record, the last Hawaii High School offensive linemen recruited by Oregon was Mana Greig (St. Louis) in 2009 who walked on and earned a scholarship. It's completely opposite with Oregon's Defense who continually recruits Hawaii players.
Oregon likes very tall OL.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

BullNuts808 wrote:

Davis Miyashiro-Saipaia 2014 OL from Punahou walked on to Oregon as is currently on roster.

Hawaii78
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Hawaii78 »

BullNuts808 wrote:

For the record, Oregon didn't recruit Mana, he was allowed to walk on and paid his way for 2 years before he was offered a scholarship. Mana went to a smaller school, but wanted to play for the Ducks.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Ok, like I stated before "for the record" lol..jk. I realize Miyashiro-Saipaia is on the team (I get that). I know how Mana turned down several smaller college scholarships to walk-on at Oregon. My point is both of them "walked-on" and were not initially offered a scholarship. Oregon's Offensive Linemen within the last five years were mainly from California as well as west coast states. Prior to that Oregon also recruited heavily in the mid-west. With this said, Eletise not getting an offer after finishing in Eugene shouldn't be a surprise. Oregon's been making out on Hawaii walk-ons for some time. On a side note, Mana has always been a beast and I've always been a fan.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Iolani WR Keoni-Kordell Makekau has received a scholarship offer from the University of Hawaii.

hawaiiwest97
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by hawaiiwest97 »

Michael Eletise made the 2016 ESPN 300.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... el-eletise.

Michael Eletise's Rivals Profile.

http://sports.yahoo.com/colorado/footba ... EEc2VjA3Ny