Punahou taking players from other ILH teams

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
yobabyyo
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Punahou taking players from other ILH teams

Post by yobabyyo »

Super stoked for Mililani. Congrats to Rod York and all the players and community! Humility and character won! May the hurt players heal well and quickly. And...may Kale Ane not cherry pick in Mililani. Wait, pretty sure Rex Manu took care of that...lol. Mililani is #1!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

yobabyyo wrote:Super stoked for Mililani. Congrats to Rod York and all the players and community! Humility and character won! May the hurt players heal well and quickly. And...may Kale Ane not cherry pick in Mililani. Wait, pretty sure Rex Manu took care of that...lol. Mililani is #1!
how can kale ane cherry pick from millilani when millilani is cherry picking from outside their district. so funny, i have a co-worker from mililani and he was super happy about the win, hes kind of a fairwhether fan in that he dont follow mililani football. he was rubbing it in to me yesterday about mililani state champs and not kahuku.

i kindly informed him that mill starting roster is filled with polynesian players from outside their district. he got quite after that.
-------------------

twnoexcuses
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by twnoexcuses »

You know why he got quiet, right?

He was wondering, "Eh, I wonder if this guy is the one all the Kahuku transfer families want to keep their kids away from?"

huki-lau-lau wrote:
yobabyyo wrote:Super stoked for Mililani. Congrats to Rod York and all the players and community! Humility and character won! May the hurt players heal well and quickly. And...may Kale Ane not cherry pick in Mililani. Wait, pretty sure Rex Manu took care of that...lol. Mililani is #1!
how can kale ane cherry pick from millilani when millilani is cherry picking from outside their district. so funny, i have a co-worker from mililani and he was super happy about the win, hes kind of a fairwhether fan in that he dont follow mililani football. he was rubbing it in to me yesterday about mililani state champs and not kahuku.

i kindly informed him that mill starting roster is filled with polynesian players from outside their district. he got quite after that.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Hasn't Kahuku been known to draw athletes from Utah who leave right after the football season? Perhaps not in recent memory. And are we saying that St. Louis isn't drawing student-athletes from other schools? Others have commented about how there are 4 Kahuku JV players who sat out this year because they transferred to St. Louis. This would imply that they were already in high school. And weren't there some Kauai players that are at St. Louis. And of course there are the athletes who are said to live outside of Mililani but play for Mililani. My point is that we could probably go down the list of many public and private schools and find arguments against them. Not sure if we can say that there is any program that is totally flawless (maybe Anuenue or Waialua?)

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

twnoexcuses wrote:You know why he got quiet, right?

He was wondering, "Eh, I wonder if this guy is the one all the Kahuku transfer families want to keep their kids away from?"
luckily we dont have those type of families on the team. can you name me 1 kahuku football player on the team that played under District exempt status this year?
-------------------

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

Punahou loses to Kahuku, 3 times in the States. Punahou knows if they want to win FB championships, they gotta recruit Polynesians ,the truth. If they recruit Polynesians, it should be from the North Shore( or Kahuku). The next thing they need is the CEO of a successful company. That would be Reggie Torres. Punahou needs to get the State FB championship back!!! Grooming Torres?? Why not!!! When Rod York stood on the sideline in 2012, after losing to Kahuku 50-13, in the OIA championship, he was in a daze. After looking around his campus and finding none, he said, I gotta recruit more Polynesians. York struck pay dirt this year!!! State Champs.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Can anybody fill me in on why Punahou has had more polynesians from Kahuku on their team then from any other part of the island?

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

gridiron22 wrote:Can anybody fill me in on why Punahou has had more polynesians from Kahuku on their team then from any other part of the island?
Exactly why I explain that Kahuku has been the most successful football team this century. The kids are brought up to idolize the Red Raiders players because their dads,uncles.brothers and cousins have been playing there for generations. These kids are physically superior and have a high football IQ. They are one big family. There are Polynesians from Kalihi and such, but the North Shore kids have religious and family values. Housing kids tend to have some issues,such as crime and gangs. When the SEC realize they could not have championship teams without the black athletes they changed. Watch all the SEC games where all the cheerleaders and sold out crowds are white and 90 percent of the players on the field is black.

fballnutbag
High-quality H20 provider

Post by fballnutbag »

Martin wrote:
gridiron22 wrote:Can anybody fill me in on why Punahou has had more polynesians from Kahuku on their team then from any other part of the island?
Exactly why I explain that Kahuku has been the most successful football team this century. The kids are brought up to idolize the Red Raiders players because their dads,uncles.brothers and cousins have been playing there for generations. These kids are physically superior and have a high football IQ. They are one big family. There are Polynesians from Kalihi and such, but the North Shore kids have religious and family values. Housing kids tend to have some issues,such as crime and gangs. When the SEC realize they could not have championship teams without the black athletes they changed. Watch all the SEC games where all the cheerleaders and sold out crowds are white and 90 percent of the players on the field is black.

Word

Aitorahi
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

Punahou and Mililani should be in the mix for next year, but after that I see St. Louis and Kahuku, as well as Farrington, and Waianae as the main contenders. The reason is because of the new transfer rule and the return of Cal Lee and his recruiting tactics. Mililani's skill players, without an O-line, will be more like Moanalua, where the quarterback passes for 500+ yards in a game, and still loose. I'm not sure that they will have the homegrown size and talent to dominate in the trenches. Kahuku, Farrington, and Waianae always have homegrown OL/DL size and talent and St. Louis brings in what they need. Punahou can contend with St. Louis, but I see an era of Crusader dominance in the ILH coming.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

io, stlouis got two big time players from kahuku on defense coming up from jv, crusader d going be strong with a couple other kids sitting out this season.
going be exciting to see what mill got after most of their bigboys transfers graduate, will they b able to attract a few more big polys to transfer in? even without them i fink they good enogh to finish top 2 in oia but to play championship ball u going need some big boys in the trenches.
-------------------

*Frozen3
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by *Frozen3 »

Martin wrote:

Do not categorize all Polynesian Housing Kids from Kalihi as having issues with crime and gangs. There are alot of great families with great values and religious backgrounds as well. You must not be from the area so, do not assume..

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Aitorahi wrote:Punahou and Mililani should be in the mix for next year, but after that I see St. Louis and Kahuku, as well as Farrington, and Waianae as the main contenders. The reason is because of the new transfer rule and the return of Cal Lee and his recruiting tactics. Mililani's skill players, without an O-line, will be more like Moanalua, where the quarterback passes for 500+ yards in a game, and still loose. I'm not sure that they will have the homegrown size and talent to dominate in the trenches. Kahuku, Farrington, and Waianae always have homegrown OL/DL size and talent and St. Louis brings in what they need. Punahou can contend with St. Louis, but I see an era of Crusader dominance in the ILH coming.
Well, I'm old enough to remember the tremendous amount of resentment St Louis attracted to itself during the "Lee Dynasty": The 13 straight years--from '86 to '98--that St Louis dominated Hawaii prep football, under Cal Lee. I think we can all agree that football is simply the biggest prep sport, and when one school dominates in football for that long a period of time, it really grates on other schools and their alumni. Could St Louis do it again? I don't think so. At least, not for 13 straight years. In the ILH, Punahou especially has become too competitive, and Kamehameha would surely break through from time to time, too. What St Louis did--win 13 straight Prep Bowl titles, which were basically the equivalent of D1 state titles--will likely never happen again. Some of those Prep Bowl wins were close, so St Louis was lucky to maintain that 13-year streak. Looking ahead, even if St Louis were to win the ILH title during any particular year, Kahuku is likely the school to stand in its way to the state title. There was a time when Waianae was kicking almost everyone's butt (except Kamehameha's) during the '70s, but I don't see them doing that again. (It should be mentioned that Kamehameha was Prep Bowl champ in '74, '75, and '76, with the '75 win coming against Waianae. Waianae was Prep Bowl champ in '73, '77, and '78, with the '78 win coming against Kamehameha. As you can see, it was mostly those two schools in the '70s.). Farrington never was dominant in football the way Waianae was in the '70s, and the way Kahuku has been the past 10 years or so.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

*Frozen3 wrote:
Martin wrote:
...These kids are physically superior and have a high football IQ. They are one big family. There are Polynesians from Kalihi and such, but the North Shore kids have religious and family values. Housing kids tend to have some issues,such as crime and gangs. When the SEC realize they could not have championship teams without the black athletes they changed.
Do not categorize all Polynesian Housing Kids from Kalihi as having issues with crime and gangs. There are alot of great families with great values and religious backgrounds as well. You must not be from the area so, do not assume..
io, no categorize bout where peoples live, maybe they no like go punahou cuase the puns kids high makamaka and no let u put ur bag on the table? lol
and also u dont know nawwwwwtin bout the sec!
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
*Frozen3 wrote:
Martin wrote:
...These kids are physically superior and have a high football IQ. They are one big family. There are Polynesians from Kalihi and such, but the North Shore kids have religious and family values. Housing kids tend to have some issues,such as crime and gangs. When the SEC realize they could not have championship teams without the black athletes they changed.
io, no categorize bout where peoples live, maybe they no like go punahou cuase the puns kids high makamaka and no let u put ur bag on the table? lol
and also u dont know nawwwwwtin bout the sec!
Well, that's what Manu was complaining about in that news article. And isn't it ironic that Manu helped defeat his former school for the D1 state title. Manu was probably the best player on Mililani's D-line. He certainly held his own against Uluave that game.