Choice of AD Critical to UH Football Success

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Choice of AD Critical to UH Football Success

Post by chawan_cut »

I would also say, the choice of starting quarterback is also key to success for our program (and any football program out there).
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

BV wants a BJ clone, someone that he can control.
I am the one who knocks.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The new UH AD should be someone who knows Hawaii and "gets it", has prior experience as an AD, has prior experience in a variety of athletic departments at different levels and different schools, has shown that he or she can successfully negotiate with the various stakeholders, can successfully fundraise from large, medium and small organizations without incurring favors, can wield power but not be seen as a bully, can listen to his or her constituents and act on matters in their benefit and where feasible, can repulse the political hacks in State and City government without insulting them, is an expert in budgeting matters and can balance the athletic budget, can leap small buildings in a single bound, can deflect bullets, can run faster than the speed of light, can effectively deflate and disarm critics, has a thick hide, is unafraid of the tough questions that the media is allowed to ask without them being afraid for their jobs. That's all for now. But then again, we're talking about UH. Never mind...
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Jim Donovan has the cred,no doubt.Still,there was that Stevie Wonder concert thing. Keith Amemiya knows a thing or two about fundraising and also has a track record in athletic management albeit at the high school level. Personally, I like Amemiya.

To me the bottom line is,the next candidate has to have a grip on local ,shall we say, complications in running the only NCAA D-I athletic department in the state. Donovan or Amemiya would do well,I think. Just do not allow Donovan to sign anything involving fundraisers...let Amemiya handle it.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

The new AD will be challenged with not only trying to build a successful program, but also trying to keep a football program altogether.

Ben Jay stated it matter-of-fact, it doesn't matter if it's FBS, FCS, or JC, we are still the most isolated landmass in the world. It's the travel costs that's challenging for the football program because it involves a plane load of people. And it's not hundreds, but always thousands of miles.

Even if the funding is available for UH to travel, what about the opponents coming here? It's my personal perception that the travel costs for them to come here is getting old too, unless of course, UH subsidizes or springs for the cost altogether.

Congressman Takai is going to have to work with someone and sneak in funding for UH travel on one of those Federal spending bill votes. :)

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Anyone interested to hear June Jones thoughts should watch Leahy and Leahy. Man knows his stuff. Too bad people here didnt see the good he brought to the university.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote:Anyone interested to hear June Jones thoughts should watch Leahy and Leahy. Man knows his stuff. Too bad people here didnt see the good he brought to the university.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpTsgwqFPkQ

thanks ... I enjoyed watching that

I will create a new thread for it so others don't miss it

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

unpaid wrote:Jim Donovan has the cred,no doubt.Still,there was that Stevie Wonder concert thing. Keith Amemiya knows a thing or two about fundraising and also has a track record in athletic management albeit at the high school level. Personally, I like Amemiya.

To me the bottom line is,the next candidate has to have a grip on local ,shall we say, complications in running the only NCAA D-I athletic department in the state. Donovan or Amemiya would do well,I think. Just do not allow Donovan to sign anything involving fundraisers...let Amemiya handle it.
I believe Jim Donovan fell on the sword after the Wonder Blunder. I'd gladly take Jim Donavan back as AD. But why would JD want to comeback to this circus?
I am the one who knocks.