Kauai Meet the coach

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Kauai Meet the coach

Post by dakineguy »

It's June 21 at 5:30 to 8:30 at the Kauai Community College fine dining room ( da usual) For fellow Kauaians
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Kauai Meet the coach

Post by dakineguy »

So Meet the coach was the same as usual good food and lots of regulars there but a smaller crowd than usual. Greg Salas was there! I wanted to go meet him and tell him how much I appreciated his time at UH but never got around to it. They all had to leave quickly. Some things said by Coach Rolo....They aren't going to run as much as they did last year but hopefully they will run more effectively and have more explosive runs. John Ursua is recovering from injuries and just about cleared for play. He mentioned some other new players to watch for but I am not so good with remembering names but if things go the way he thinks I should remember those guys name by the end of the season :)
Ohana Makou

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

thanks for the report

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I forgot to say Rolo said Dru left because he didn't like Hawaii
Ohana Makou

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

dakineguy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:19 am I forgot to say Rolo said Dru left because he didn't like Hawaii
Now that one was enlightening. Not everyone enjoys their time in paradise with a starting job, the great food, wonderful weather and wicked wahine. I guess he wanted to try holding a clipboard, meat and potatoes, tornado threats and . . .
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

dakineguy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:19 am I forgot to say Rolo said Dru left because he didn't like Hawaii
This is a loose statement. First of all, if Rolo made this statement, its because he doesn't want the next Hercules Mata'afa leaving for the Pac-12. Second, Dru came from a privileged environment in Los Altos. Ie, its like growing up in Saint Louis Heights, Tantalus, Manoa, Diamond Head, etc. I don't think Dru was guaranteed a continued starting job as QB and either he was told or he saw the signs. No doubt he could have contributed to a new starter should that situation arose but he chose to dance with someone other than the one who brought him to D1 being UH. I think OSU was looking for a MacKenzie Milton and they settled for a lesser product. I think that OSU now is looking to defend against UCF if they need to. Hope Dru finds that he is at least 1/32 Cherokee so that he can get some money for living in Oklahoma.

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

I think Rolo was just pointing out that players need to buy into Hawaii or why stay? They need to like the culture, the fans, the program . We need to find players who want to play for Hawaii at least as much as for themselves. I think that was his point. If a player is just in it for himself then when things change to not favor him they are gone.
Ohana Makou