***OFFICIAL THREAD- NBA 2017 to 2018

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: ***OFFICIAL THREAD- NBA 2017 to 2018

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:44 am :roll: Well... it did turn out to be a seven game series...and the Cavs to me got lucky.....Cavs are going need more than luck to beat the Raptors, and I believe Toronto is going to win this series.
:D But I'm, going to watch cause LEBRON is just amazing to watch.... Houston just KILLED the Jazz, and GWS made the Pelicans look like penguins ....Western Finals are starting to look like an epic showdown :boxing: :hello1: \:D/
jazz need rubio, very different team without him running point. we'll see if the pelicans can turn it around, tho I thought portland would have been a better matchup against gsw, too bad they had to face the pelicans. yea, toronto will probably win the series, but the cavs finally had some fleeting signs of defensive intensity in that game 7. if someone not named lebron can put up decent numbers and defense improves a little more, they may win the series.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Irse wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:17 am Watched some of the Cavs games yesterday. Man, they let the guys get away with a lot underneath. Lebron looks like he was getting mugged every time he went down low.
indiana's pretty physical, and they let a lot more stuff go in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if lebron can get up for game 1 with 1 day rest, he looked like he went through a 12-rounder :boxing: after game 7.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

whoa raptors went full choke in the fourth quarter of game 1

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:07 pm whoa raptors went full choke in the fourth quarter of game 1
:o I couldn't believe the amount of "bunny" shots at the rim they missed....some of those shots were in the bucket, and they would rattle out! :o ....CRAZY. I can't believe how hard the raptors have played all season long to get HOME court advantage..... :cry: Can't wait for the next ALBUM from DRAKE! :lol: :lol:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:00 am
ubercow wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 6:07 pm whoa raptors went full choke in the fourth quarter of game 1
:o I couldn't believe the amount of "bunny" shots at the rim they missed....some of those shots were in the bucket, and they would rattle out! :o ....CRAZY. I can't believe how hard the raptors have played all season long to get HOME court advantage..... :cry: Can't wait for the next ALBUM from DRAKE! :lol: :lol:
gotta change my outlook after this game, it's either going to go down to the wire, or I could also see this game mentally killing toronto. the sweeps by lebron and the cavs year after year could get in their head and they get swept or go 4-1.

on the topic of choke, there's a large breathing-impairing playoff cloud hovering over the the careers of the stars in houston. i'm hoping they can blow that away and take on the warriors who are no longer hampered by injury. pelicans looked pretty strong that last game tho, playoff rondo is fun to watch - we'll see if the series turns when they get back home

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

there's an asteroid headed toward the Canadian dinosaurs, and it's name is LeBron.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiVeKEcBg2y/

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:45 am gotta change my outlook after this game, it's either going to go down to the wire, or I could also see this game mentally killing toronto. the sweeps by lebron and the cavs year after year could get in their head and they get swept or go 4-1.

on the topic of choke, there's a large breathing-impairing playoff cloud hovering over the the careers of the stars in houston. i'm hoping they can blow that away and take on the warriors who are no longer hampered by injury. pelicans looked pretty strong that last game tho, playoff rondo is fun to watch - we'll see if the series turns when they get back home
:o LEBRON just handed Toronto the worst follow up game to a bad lost....what a beat down! :- I'm totally stunned by the fortunes of the Raptors.....I really though it was their time. NOW, blow up the team, and start all over.

I TOTALLY AGREE with you about HOUSTON.... "large breathing-impairing playoff cloud hovering over the careers of James Harden and Chris Paul" looks more like a Tornado than Storm Cloud. With Curry back( and he looked gassed- for 28 points :lol: :lol: ), and the Warriors are coming out to PLAYYAY....Killing it! Pelicans better win big tonight or even close win, cause a lost would be detrimental to their future steps in being a serious contender.....
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

That was a great shot.
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:25 am That was a great shot.
:o What's even more stunning is that LeBron has more last second game wining shots than Michael Jordon and Kobe Bryant combine! :read: There's no doubt on the greatness of LeBron James, and he will go down in the annals' of NBA history as one of the greatest to play the game.... :hello1:

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:31 am :o What's even more stunning is that LeBron has more last second game wining shots than Michael Jordon and Kobe Bryant combine!
do you have a source? I don't think that can be true and I'd want to check their numbers.

although looking closely at the spelling, I'd also have to agree that your statement is 100% true.. I would even go as far as saying LeBron James has more last second game winning shots than Michael Jordon, Kobe Bryant, Walt Chamberlain, Magic Johnsen, Larry Byrd, _and_ Karim Abdul-Jabbar combined! :lol:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

:-? Well, I really thought the SIXERs would prevail, but the inexperience's.....bad plays on offense.....turnovers....CELTICs just outplayed them. Series done. Oh well, CAVs vs Celtics, and I see LeBron dominating that series as well......GWS vs Rockets are going to be a barn burner. \:D/ :wink:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 am :-? Well, I really thought.....bad plays on offense.....turnovers... and I see LeBron dominating that series as well......GWS vs Rockets are going to be a barn burner. \:D/ :wink:
:o Celtics just RAN over the CAVs, and LeBron looked like he was tired and done by the start of the 3rd quarter......Man on MAN, Celtics just look like a way better team, but it's only GAME 1...

Speaking of GAME 1, Rockets and Warriors get it going today! \:D/

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

didn't get to put the prediction in this weekend. i'm thinking cavs in 7, and warriors in 6. now that I'm putting it on paper, I really don't want to see another cavs/warriors finals. :oops:
both celts and rockets have a decent chance tho

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

ubercow wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 am didn't get to put the prediction in this weekend. i'm thinking cavs in 7, and warriors in 6. now that I'm putting it on paper, I really don't want to see another cavs/warriors finals. :oops:
both celts and rockets have a decent chance tho
:-? After watching both series game 3, I'm starting to wonder, who's really going to beat GWS? OMG, Curry went off in the second half of yesterday's game, and the ROCKETs could not stop him. Add KD with his usual, and the ROCKETs are really depending on CP and JH to by ALL world beaters isn't going to work. Celtic's can win the series....as long as they don't lose at HOME, LeBron season SHOULD come to an end :o :- ...easier said than done. :-$