New season's depth chart

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New season's depth chart

Post by J-Rod »

I really like Cordeiro, but after hearing Scout/247's Blair Angulo rave about Jeremy Moussa the other day, I find myself hoping UH fans keep perspective. I love to see local kids become stars too, but ultimately the best should play regardless of where they are from. Considering JM is already in school and likely has more arm talent than any other QB on campus, it might be tough for Chevan to beat out Moussa.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

J-Rod wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:28 am I really like Cordeiro, but after hearing Scout/247's Blair Angulo rave about Jeremy Moussa the other day, I find myself hoping UH fans keep perspective. I love to see local kids become stars too, but ultimately the best should play regardless of where they are from. Considering JM is already in school and likely has more arm talent than any other QB on campus, it might be tough for Chevan to beat out Moussa.
Moussa tape looks awesome, seeing those 2 go at it in camp is going to be excited. Best man should play regardless of where they are from.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

We need at least 2 good ones to finish out the season strong. I also won’t be surprised to see Byrd starting at slot if he can pick up the offense. Really quick feet.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm I can see these guys the starting
SB - John Ursua
C - Tui Eli
RT - JR Hensley
LB - Solomon Matautia, Jahlani Tavai, Malachi Mageo
S - Daniel Lewis
LS - Noah Borden
Lewis needs to work on tackling. I was hoping to see more dbs who are ready to start from the JC level being picked up. We really need help there. Too many big plays given up. I just hope that we have some hidden gems that we haven’t seen yet.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

What's the story on Daniel Lewis being released on his scholarship in January? Looks like he was counted on for his senior season.
"2017 (Junior): Started all 12 games at safety…led all defensive backs and third overall on the team in tackles (77)…ranked sixth in the Mountain West among defensive backs in tackles…led the team in pass breakups with seven…lone interception of the year came in home opener vs. Western Carolina…returned the first-quarter pick 24 yards to set up UH’s first home touchdown of the year…no less than five tackles in 10 of 12 games…six tackles and a season-high three pass breakups vs. Fresno State…tied his career-high with 11 tackles in season-finale vs. BYU...also a key member of the special teams unit."

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:55 am What's the story on Daniel Lewis being released on his scholarship in January? Looks like he was counted on for his senior season.
"2017 (Junior): Started all 12 games at safety…led all defensive backs and third overall on the team in tackles (77)…ranked sixth in the Mountain West among defensive backs in tackles…led the team in pass breakups with seven…lone interception of the year came in home opener vs. Western Carolina…returned the first-quarter pick 24 yards to set up UH’s first home touchdown of the year…no less than five tackles in 10 of 12 games…six tackles and a season-high three pass breakups vs. Fresno State…tied his career-high with 11 tackles in season-finale vs. BYU...also a key member of the special teams unit."
I guess he doesn't want to be here anymore. No idea where he's transferring to and whether or not he's a grad transfer.
ImageImage

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:55 am What's the story on Daniel Lewis being released on his scholarship in January? Looks like he was counted on for his senior season.
I haven't heard anything about D. Lewis leaving. Stinks if true.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

One of the comments in today's Star Advertiser said that he wanted to be closer to home. After three years and almost locked in with a starting job and possible NFL opportunity, he made this decision to go closer to Louisiana. This tells me that we may not have a well oiled machine with UH football. Hmmm, Kipper, Moala, Lewis, Mermea, and Santiago. Ten three star recruits, four three star transfers out.

TRVIT
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
NBA: Warriors
NFL: Niners

Post by TRVIT »

I wonder if Rolo will bring brack the RnS Pistol formation like he used when he was OC. We used to catch so many teams off with the Draw

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

It's just about spring practice and the UH website still have the old coaches on there. Are they ever going to change it?
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Hey Irse. You're talking about UH Athletics Department. R U kidding?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

What happened to Kade Greely? did I miss something? I read he medically retired, is that true too?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Spring practice roster has been posted.

http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx? ... h=football

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »