MW football skeds are out!!!!

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 19244
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:54 pm
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
Location: Oklahoma City via Casper, WYO
Contact:

MW football skeds are out!!!!

#1 Post by wyokie » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23 am


User avatar
uhwarriors
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10045
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:45 am
Location: Honolulu

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#2 Post by uhwarriors » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't like having to play a road game after Senior NIght.

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21500
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#3 Post by BigWave96744 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Posted his own Tsai's board
My reaction to the 2018 schedule

What a piece of crap schedule.
A fridgin BYE after 11 games and right before a home game against a subpar UNLV game? Lose money, if guys are bust up by then, a bye week won’t really help.

Last home game and senior walk on Nov 17th?? HHSAA isn’t even done with their state title game.

Unless we go to the Hawaii bowl, home fans wont see football for a dang long time.

The week zero game only helps that we don’t play CSU in cold conditions.

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21500
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#4 Post by BigWave96744 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:10 pm

MWC screwing Hawaii like they don't care about us :-?

User avatar
Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:46 pm
Location: Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#5 Post by Nisei » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:33 pm

BigWave96744 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:06 pm
Posted his own Tsai's board
My reaction to the 2018 schedule

What a piece of crap schedule.
A fridgin BYE after 11 games and right before a home game against a subpar UNLV game? Lose money, if guys are bust up by then, a bye week won’t really help.

Last home game and senior walk on Nov 17th?? HHSAA isn’t even done with their state title game.

Unless we go to the Hawaii bowl, home fans wont see football for a dang long time.

The week zero game only helps that we don’t play CSU in cold conditions.
A UNLV team that went 4-4 in conference vs our 1-7, and also recruited well this off-season. I wouldn't call them sub-par.

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21500
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#6 Post by BigWave96744 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Nisei wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:33 pm
BigWave96744 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:06 pm
Posted his own Tsai's board
My reaction to the 2018 schedule

What a piece of crap schedule.
A fridgin BYE after 11 games and right before a home game against a subpar UNLV game? Lose money, if guys are bust up by then, a bye week won’t really help.

Last home game and senior walk on Nov 17th?? HHSAA isn’t even done with their state title game.

Unless we go to the Hawaii bowl, home fans wont see football for a dang long time.

The week zero game only helps that we don’t play CSU in cold conditions.
A UNLV team that went 4-4 in conference vs our 1-7, and also recruited well this off-season. I wouldn't call them sub-par.
True, but we shouldn't need a bye week to prepare for them at home. Thus why I see it as a wasted bye. Season could be over by then

User avatar
Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:46 pm
Location: Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#7 Post by Nisei » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:51 pm

BigWave96744 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm
Nisei wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:33 pm
BigWave96744 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:06 pm
Posted his own Tsai's board
My reaction to the 2018 schedule

What a piece of crap schedule.
A fridgin BYE after 11 games and right before a home game against a subpar UNLV game? Lose money, if guys are bust up by then, a bye week won’t really help.

Last home game and senior walk on Nov 17th?? HHSAA isn’t even done with their state title game.

Unless we go to the Hawaii bowl, home fans wont see football for a dang long time.

The week zero game only helps that we don’t play CSU in cold conditions.
A UNLV team that went 4-4 in conference vs our 1-7, and also recruited well this off-season. I wouldn't call them sub-par.
True, but we shouldn't need a bye week to prepare for them at home. Thus why I see it as a wasted bye. Season could be over by then
I agree about the bye, it's way too late. Might as well have a bye after the UNLV game.

User avatar
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 21195
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:33 pm

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#8 Post by J-Rod » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:32 am

UH returns 8 starters next season, sure to be one of the nation's lowest totals. No P5 opponent, no back-to-back mainland games, no games in the cold. Prefer to have the bye earlier, but that's the type of schedule this year's team needs. Not a single opponent I would call vastly superior to UH.

Keep in mind, moving the CSU game to August is the only reason UH has a bye week at all. Playing 13 opponents, shouldn't have had any bye.

User avatar
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 19244
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:54 pm
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
Location: Oklahoma City via Casper, WYO
Contact:

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#9 Post by wyokie » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Aug. 25 at Colorado State*
Sept. 1 Navy
Sept. 8 Rice
Sept. 15 at Army
Sept. 22 Duquesne
Sept. 29 at San Jose State*
Oct. 6 Wyoming*
Oct. 13 at BYU
Oct. 20 Nevada*
Oct. 27 at Fresno State*
Nov. 3 Utah State*
Nov. 17 UNLV*
Nov. 24 at San Diego State*

Official press release....
http://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2018/2/ ... edule.aspx

User avatar
BigWave96744
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 21500
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:37 pm
MLB: Yankees
NBA: Sixers
NFL: Dolphins

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#10 Post by BigWave96744 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am

Oct 6th, the trophy returns home

User avatar
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Posts: 19244
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:54 pm
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
Location: Oklahoma City via Casper, WYO
Contact:

Re: MW football skeds are out!!!!

#11 Post by wyokie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:26 pm

BigWave96744 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am
Oct 6th, the trophy returns home
Technically yes...however...it's going back to Laramie afterwards....where it belongs. 8)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cabanalane, UH95 and 78 guests