Dru Brown Commits to Oklahoma State

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Dru Brown Transferring

Post by madeinhawaii »

I suppose that along with his grandfather's passing over the holidays, there's Dylan Collie's departure and the change in offensive strategy going into 2018 that helped push his decision to transfer. Looks like we're going back to the RnS for the most part. Don't know if it was a preferred choice or one of economics in an attempt to shore up the dwindling season ticket sales. Tuileta and Cordeiro are familiar with the RnS. Moussa played in a "high octane" offense, but I don't know if that translates to the RnS. Our other Cole probably picked up some of it during his redshirt year. Should be an interesting battle for the start come Fall.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:31 pm I don't get why the coaches did not play the other remaining quarterbacks on the roster. Did they already know that he was not going to be a starter in his senior year so they gave him the most exposure to other schools?
When we had no chance for a bowl berth, Rolo should have given at least a series to Brownholtz to see what he could do under the lights. Now, we will never know. I also thought some of the other running backs should of had carries, what did we have to lose?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

stranger808 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 pm
shrek2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:31 pm I don't get why the coaches did not play the other remaining quarterbacks on the roster. Did they already know that he was not going to be a starter in his senior year so they gave him the most exposure to other schools?
When we had no chance for a bowl berth, Rolo should have given at least a series to Brownholtz to see what he could do under the lights. Now, we will never know. I also thought some of the other running backs should of had carries, what did we have to lose?
Yup, same with never seeing Beau Riley.

But OCs and RB Coach can now say they produced the all time rushing leader at Hawaii and a 2 time 1000 yard rusher.

ewabeach76
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ewabeach76 »

Freshmen coming in look like they have more potential at taking our program to a higher level.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Can you really blame him? He did a lot for the program and its not his fault but rather Brian Smith and Stutsman fault for not developing him properly. Im a die hard UH Football fan but until those two idiots are out Cordero or any other quarterback won't be able to showcase their full potential

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

Egonator wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:43 pm Can you really blame him? He did a lot for the program and its not his fault but rather Brian Smith and Stutsman fault for not developing him properly. Im a die hard UH Football fan but until those two idiots are out Cordero or any other quarterback won't be able to showcase their full potential
Yes! :D

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

stranger808 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:50 pm
I trust in Rolo enough to believe that he played the guys that gave them the past chance to win now and in the futures once they were eliminated from bowl contention. It's not like Brownholtz is transferring to USC, he is dropping down a level. I am very curious where Dru and Collie will end up. With that said, I am excited for the QB derby.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Not every QB on the roster has the potential to be a legit FBS level starter. Some of them are essentially practice bodies.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference

Post by stranger808 »

I'm guessing Collie to Washington State.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

J-Rod wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm Not every QB on the roster has the potential to be a legit FBS level starter. Some of them are essentially practice bodies.
I agree 100%. Backup qb is always the most popular guy on the roster for fans of a struggling tean

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

It's nothing new that Hawaii has some young men transferring because of coaching/scheme changes, losing record, wanting to play in front of family, fan base is very opinionated, breaking rules, medical concerns, pursuing a different college degree or changing sport just to name a few reasons. This statement sounds like Chow era but it's not. Thats because history repeats itself and this is common to have players leave football programs for various reasons. I would just thank them for being Hawaii Warriors and Good Luck in their future endeavors.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I wonder what school "close to home" ie NorCal is in need of a QB? Not SJSU who starter was a RSFr.
Not Fresno St as they got McMaryon returning. Not Nevada or UNLV they are set at QB, and Def not any PAC12 teams.

Good luck Dru, mahalo for your 2 years.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 am I wonder what school "close to home" ie NorCal is in need of a QB? Not SJSU who starter was a RSFr.
Not Fresno St as they got McMaryon returning. Not Nevada or UNLV they are set at QB, and Def not any PAC12 teams.

Good luck Dru, mahalo for your 2 years.
Cal Poly, UC-Davis? Close to home...he doesn't have many (or any?) options at the FBS level.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

WOW!!!!!
Coach is loyal to the soil :hello1: https://twitter.com/DaveShoji/status/955652679832813568

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I hope he goes to SJSU.