Most lopsided blowouts in bowl history

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Most lopsided blowouts in bowl history

Post by BigWave96744 »

Not every bowl game is a barn burner. In fact, many are often blowouts of epic proportions. Here's a look at the 27 most lopsided blowouts in college football bowl history. Will any bowls this year join the list?
The link provides the 27 Most lopsided blowouts in bowl history.
Oh and no, Hawaii is not on the list :hello1:
http://www.yardbarker.com/mobile/conten ... __25211945

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Most lopsided blowouts in bowl history

Post by SundayJam »

I never thought we were blown out at the Sugar Bowl. Georgia was allowed to run off-sides and unabated to the quarterback. To make matters worse, June Jones allowed ineffective running backs to start at the Sugar Bowl. We sacked and intercepted Mathew Stafford and prevented them from converting on two 4th down attempts. We dominated special team play. They were desperate to dominate us but they didn't...they got lucky.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Yes, many look at the Sugar Bowl and think Hawaii embarrassed the program, when in fact there were way worst blowouts and some on the losing end are storied programs from the Power5.

So next time someone says the 2008 Sugar Bowl was the worst bowl lost in history, you have at least 27 reasons to deny the fact.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:36 am I never thought we were blown out at the Sugar Bowl. Georgia was allowed to run off-sides and unabated to the quarterback. To make matters worse, June Jones allowed ineffective running backs to start at the Sugar Bowl. We sacked and intercepted Mathew Stafford and prevented them from converting on two 4th down attempts. We dominated special team play. They were desperate to dominate us but they didn't...they got lucky.
I often wonder what the outcome would have been if Herman signed June's contract extension early on and June focused on the game instead of preparing for SMU

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I thought that Georgia was the best team that year and did not want to play them.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Colt Brennan: 4 interceptions and 2 fumbles lost.
Officials ignored off-sides by Georgia and June Jones allowed Farmer and Laumoli to start as running backs (?!!!).

Georgia was 6/14 on 3rd down conversions and 0/2 on 4th down conversions. They also had to settle for 2 field goals as our defense was too stout for them. The Georgia Bull Dogs were not the National Championship contenders they pretended to be.
I'm not saying we should have won the game but we were definitely contenders.

Teams and fans which I have come to abhor and loath over the years are from: Michigan State and Georgia.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

I still remember the 1988 Holiday Bowl Debacle!!!! Gawd, that was major nightmare!!!!!!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I can’t believe the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, 1997 Sugar Bowl, and 2005 Orange Bowl didn’t fall on the list!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

LOVED the 1990 Holiday Bowl. A & M destroyed BYU. That was a great Christmas for all Wyoming fans that year!!!!!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

wyokie wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:04 am I still remember the 1988 Holiday Bowl Debacle!!!! Gawd, that was major nightmare!!!!!!
Now that's embarrassing :lol:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:36 am I never thought we were blown out at the Sugar Bowl. Georgia was allowed to run off-sides and unabated to the quarterback. To make matters worse, June Jones allowed ineffective running backs to start at the Sugar Bowl. We sacked and intercepted Mathew Stafford and prevented them from converting on two 4th down attempts. We dominated special team play. They were desperate to dominate us but they didn't...they got lucky.
Those are some serious mental gymnastics right there.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

J-Rod wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:20 pm
Those are some serious mental gymnastics right there.
OR he's really REALLY drunk!!!!!!! :roll:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Meh...UH had 306 yards of offense to UGA's 335.
UGA 3rd down conversions: 6 of 14
UGA 4th down conversions: 0 of 2
UGA could not score TD's in the red zone twice...they had to settle for field goals.

Laumoli and Farmer were ineffective running backs who could not block, run, or catch passes. They were in the majority of the game where they hadn't proved effective at all in WAC play. June Jones clearly lost his concentration for this game.

I am certain the first drive for Hawaii was killed by a blown off sides call that resulted in a sack and then 3 points for Hawaii. We lost momentum and never recovered. It was not a signature win for UGA and certainly not an elegant departure for Jones or Brennan. Both Hawaii and Georgia sucked in the Sugar Bowl.

It was hardly a blow-out but definitely disappointing. 4 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles are hard to recover from. Hawaii also went for it twice on 4th down but couldn't convert. I'm surprised it wasn't a blow-out. The score should've been 80-10.