drew buggs

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
caboman70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

drew buggs

Post by caboman70 »

Not impressed, what exactly does he bring??? no shot, can't finish at the rim, doesn't pass well, I'm liking Stepteau more at the point

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Re: drew buggs

Post by stranger808 »

yeah, Step looks better at point.

whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

Post by whirlygig5 »

Brocke starting at point tonight, good choice to sit buggs

caboman70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by caboman70 »

yea Step much better at the point. better ball handler and takes higher % shots

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Buggs is coming off a torn ACL injury, so it's not unexpected that he might start slow. But it looks like he is starting to shake off the rust with 14 points against Utah and 17 against Prairie View. He's more of a scorer than a pure shooter. Hopefully with time, he improves on his shooting percentage. He hasn't started putting up good assist numbers yet. That's an area I'm hoping for a lot of improvement. He does have the most steals on the team. He's still a freshman, but I can see some good upside with time.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

yea Buggs playing a lot better, i still rather see Step at point tho. For a while thot Buggs was just there so Artie Wilson could say his name haha. Maybe Buggs at the 2 spot since he can drive and score some cz seems like all Green can do is throw up air balls

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Buggs almost cost UH the game last night against Utah Valley. Missed 2 free throws and turned the ball over at the other end. Attribute this to freshman mistakes, but at least he hustled for the rebound on that turnover. Surprised that the way that the refs were blowing the whistle all night that the UVU player was not called for a foul, which caused Drew to travel. Stepteau really stepped it up this game.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

What a game Drew Buggs played against LBSU. 7 rebounds, 4 steals, and double digit points. I think it took him a while to get started because of his injury last year. He's going to be a good one for Hawaii in the future.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Yup, his game is improving as the season progresses and he is now a solid contributor and a future star in the making.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.