Adrian Klemm

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Adrian Klemm

Post by gpmcconnell »

Just an idea but would Adrain Klemm be considered for the O LIne coaching position. I know he had to leave UCLA due to recruiting infractions but maybe a year off was all he needed. He is a Hawaii alum and one of the top recruiters in the country. It could be a good match for both sides I believe. I ama big John Estes fan but this could be a homerun hire if he is ceared by the NCAA.

uhwarriors

Re: Adrain Klemm

Post by uhwarriors »

Adrian Klemm is under a 2 year show cause penalty for NCAA violations which ends on 9/15/18.

It's also unlikely he would want to work for what we can afford. He was getting $760,000 at UCLA, almost twice what Rolo is getting paid as HC.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... /90496560/

Wild Warrior
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Wild Warrior »

I really hope that John Estes is given the opportunity to take over as the OL coach. John has always been a good and loyal Warrior who played back in the "glory days" of Warrior football. (Don't forget he holds the Warrior record for most consecutive starts & careers starts.) He also has three years of NFL / CFL experience and has been coached by some very good OL coaches. Not taking anything away from Estes, but he was not tall enough and had too short of arms by D1 and NFL standards. Despite that, he was very good and that was due to him knowing and using proper technique and being a mean and determined bad a$$.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

I like John Estes too. Great UH career. Good kid. Connected to local family. I wonder how he'd be in recruiting?
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

At least he can talk about his experiences at UH. He won't have to make excuses why he didn't go to UH when he had the opportunity.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

uhwarriors wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:26 am Adrian Klemm is under a 2 year show cause penalty for NCAA violations which ends on 9/15/18.

It's also unlikely he would want to work for what we can afford. He was getting $760,000 at UCLA, almost twice what Rolo is getting paid as HC.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... /90496560/
Also from the above link
Klemm now is under a show-cause order until Sept. 15, 2018. If UCLA continues to employ him or another school hires him during this period, it must appear in front of the Committee on Infractions to show why restrictions on his coaching activities should not apply and submit a plan for oversight of his activities.
BTW, in 2008 he worked for FREE at SMU
Klemm left the NFL and started his career on the Hilltop by volunteering with the SMU football program in 2008.
http://www.smudailycampus.com/sports/co ... rian-klemm

amela

Post by amela »

bigislandkurt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am I like John Estes too. Great UH career. Good kid. Connected to local family. I wonder how he'd be in recruiting?
Hiring Estes? Almost like hiring Stutz and Legi and Yoro get the point? They're all new and dedicated but we need experience or end up in the same place we started from.

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Adrian Klemm

Post by gpmcconnell »

I think we should hire him once his show cause period ends. He is one of the nations top recruiters and has ties to Hawaii. Maybe have Estes as the assistant O line coach. Give Klemm Oline coach and run game coordinator title. He will have other options like an analyst at Alabama like Tosh Lupoi and Stark

Irse

Post by Irse »

Still would rather have Cav if he is still available. Plus probably won't cost as much and won't have the NCAA always looking at us.
ImageImage

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

Irse wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 am Still would rather have Cav if he is still available. Plus probably won't cost as much and won't have the NCAA always looking at us.
Cav would be an excellent hire

Wild Warrior

Post by Wild Warrior »

Being an avid & lifelong UCLA fan, I follow the Bruins pretty closely. In all honesty, I was not impressed with the performance of the UCLA offensive line during the Klemm years. No question he is a great recruiter and brought in some very good talent, but as far as seeing improvement and development along the o-line, IMO it just was not there. Hoping that John Estes is given the opportunity as he is the ultimate Warrior from the glory days.

Irse

Post by Irse »

I like John but because of the inexperience of the entire staff, i would like to see someone with experience. Would like to see him get it if Cav doesn't and get some experience in the 10th coach.
ImageImage

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Irse wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:58 am I like John but because of the inexperience of the entire staff, i would like to see someone with experience. Would like to see him get it if Cav doesn't and get some experience in the 10th coach.
I agree with this also. I am a fan of Estes, but Rolo needs to use this staff opening as an opportunity to bring in an experienced coach to help balance out the staff a bit.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

I thought that our oline play was pretty good. Our former oline coach did a good job getting these guys ready. Unfortunately we did have a lot of injuries which made us move players around. St Juste doesn’t get the yards he did without holes to run thru. We just need to work on our oline depth. I was more disappointed in our quarterback. He can be really good but was inconsistent. His accuracy was off and on. But then he did not have Kemp to throw to.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Irse

Post by Irse »

On Tsai's blog, he states that there is an offer on the table to a OL coach. Hope it's Cav.
ImageImage