CRITICAL Chess MOVE is NEEDED... OR ELSE...

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Niccolò Clemenza
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

CRITICAL Chess MOVE is NEEDED... OR ELSE...

Post by Niccolò Clemenza »

Aaaah, Houston WE have a Problem...

** FOR THE RECORD **. I love Hawaii football and "BLEED 'da GREEN & WHITE" ... I will until the day I die! Hawaii Football is very near and dear to my heart... that being said, for years I have read this blog and listened to 'idiots' on ESPN 1420 about 'what they would do'.... And part of me understands it's the only way 'fans' feel they have a 'voice' and it's a way for them to voice their 'displeasure' with what they are seeing. That said, I would love it if Bobby or The Sports Animals asked them one simple question.... " Could you do better?" -- The fact is, most of us cannot and often times, our 'LOVE n PASSION' for our 'BOWS often times get the best of us.

That said, WE definitely have a MAJOR problem and unfortunately its OUR defense... OUR defense gave up 42 points...42 points! Even in JJ's day that is a "BIG" number to have to overcome week in and week out... OUR offense was decimated with injuries, the O-LINE and losing Ursua did not help either. The lack of the 'deep ball' proved to be the 'Achilles heel' of the RPO (Run Pass Option) offense Coach Rolovich brought over with him.... Marcus Kemp set up the slot receivers over the middle and opened the rushing attack. Taking nothing away from DSJ, however, when you rush the ball as much as he did... in my opinion, HE should have no reason why he shouldn't have BROKEN the single season rushing record.

A few of our defensive players had 'breakout' performances... Solomon finally came into his own and Jahlani does what he does... then again, GREAT players make GREAT plays... at key moments. The question is a matter of what you do when you get knocked down... do you get up or stay on the canvas defeated. WE all take 'licks' in life and the question is .... wether or not you LEARN and GET UP and FIGHT BACK.... I felt like, our defense regressed and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER got better. Our CB's, Secondary and LB's seemed to always be 'out of position .... Coach Duggan is too young and has NO experience coaching... he was Lempa's guy who came out here after finishing his playing career and BC.... he was NEVER a GA! Coach Abe's CB's have never been great since his arrival and at times this year, looked HORRIBLE! Coach Yolo has NO experience and should NOT be a D1 Secondary Coach.... Coach Legi clearly was a 'knee jerk' hire when Lempa departed for Michigan.... Coach Rolo gave him a 'HUGE' break in his career and unfortunately he wasn't ready... WE never got better, WE never learned.... WE regressed at seemed to get worse and worse as the season went on. WE need a complete OVERHAUL on defense and it starts with Coach Rolo .... he needs to admit HE made a mistake and FIRE :rocket: Coach Legi.... needing to score 6 TDs to 'have a possibility' at winning the game is hard in Madden and even with the 'HIGH OCTANE Run n SHOOT' offense JJ runs...

As fans, WE deserve better, as a season ticket holder, I deserve better! I will always NOW n FOREVER .... "BLEED 'da GREEN & WHITE". However, WE are broken and wether or not starting 'fresh' with a NEW defensive staff is the answer.... it's clearly the BIG FAT elephant in the room that needs to be addressed. Clearly, this is a make or break season for ROLO and what scares me is that the future schedule only gets ' more tough' from here! UGH! :-? !! 2018 -- 09/01 - Navy --
09/08 - Rice -- 09/15 - at Army -- 09/22 - Duquesne -- 10/13 - at BYU ** 2019 08/24 - Arizona - 09/07 - Oregon State - 09/14 - at Washington
09/21 - Central Arkansas - 11/30 - Army ** 2020 - 09/05 - at Arizona - 09/12 - Fordham - 09/19 - at Oregon.

I will be very curious, very curious :roll: to see IF any changes are made, because if they are NOT... maybe Coach Rolo's last season will be next year... we cannot continue to lose anymore money with season tickets and be considered a 'legit' D1 school... recruiting will suffer and WE will not get better if things continue down this path! The Aloha Stadium attendance is a 'JOKE" :lol: :lol: .... there were more in attendance for the high school football STATE championship then there were ALL season.... :rocket: :rocket: :chopwood: :chopwood: :chopwood: .... WE are at a CRITICAL juncture in time... the toilet is about to FLUSH and we MAY not ever recover... :waiting: :waiting: :rocket: :waiting: ..... YOUR MOVE Coach Rolo.... YOUR MOVE...

~~ Niccolò Clemenza

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: CRITICAL Chess MOVE is NEEDED... OR ELSE...

Post by ubercow »

nice first post, well put together argument.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Defensively, IMHO we all knew going into the season that the defensive line was short-staffed and lacked depth as well as lacked pass rushers. Legi had to resort to blitzing schemes with linebackers and defensive backs, which really unfortunately, left the middle of the field wide open and the remaining defensive backs on islands. Opposing teams took full advantage of this.

Offensively, IMHO we lacked a quarterback who was more than just serviceable and a game manager instead of a playmaker, and also lacked receivers who could create separation (especially after the loss of Ursua), which allowed opposing defenses to pack the box and stop St Juste because he was the only offense we had. And the revolving door in the offensive line due to injuries didn't help either.

Add to that the untimely player suspensions and untimely stupid penalties during the year and it was a perfect storm for a 3-9 season.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Good eval. Welcome
ImageImage