Should we really be surprised at UH being 3-8?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Should we really be surprised at UH being 3-8?

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:38 am $400K is not a drop in the bucket. Besides, you gotta love what you do and not do it for the money. One of the important things you learn in Sales (which I am not).
It sure isn't but it's hard to be competitive when the competition has big advantages.
ImageImage

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Grinch »

I was expecting more prior to the injuries.
We had a solid Oline, Unga, Ursua, St Juste, and on D - Tavai and solid linebackers and safeties.
I knew DLine was thin ... but really disappointed
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

...and yet...teams like UCF and USF...break into the top25 despite having imperfections. Fresno State...?!!! SDSU?!!! Come on, Hawaii! Stop buying into this loser mentality.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 am ...and yet...teams like UCF and USF...break into the top25 despite having imperfections. Fresno State...?!!! SDSU?!!! Come on, Hawaii! Stop buying into this loser mentality.
What exactly are you suggesting we do?

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

I agree that given our budget and other limitations Hawaii is not expected to compete for a national title but it can definitely make a run at a MW title and maybe even a shot at being ranked. I was worried going into the season that Rolo would be a hot coaching candidate and would leave for greener pastures but boy was I wrong. The team this year was out coached in numerous games. By the end of the season the games became unwatchable- horrific offense and some of the worst play calling on both sides of the ball I have ever seen. The lack of discipline and ability to tackle well always seem to be a problem. I'm hopeful that we get new coordinators and can make a run at the MW next season.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

gpmcconnell wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:46 am I agree that given our budget and other limitations Hawaii is not expected to compete for a national title but it can definitely make a run at a MW title and maybe even a shot at being ranked. I was worried going into the season that Rolo would be a hot coaching candidate and would leave for greener pastures but boy was I wrong. The team this year was out coached in numerous games. By the end of the season the games became unwatchable- horrific offense and some of the worst play calling on both sides of the ball I have ever seen. The lack of discipline and ability to tackle well always seem to be a problem. I'm hopeful that we get new coordinators and can make a run at the MW next season.
Rolo is certainly no Chris Petersen, huh?

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

I still believe in Rolo and think he is the man for the job. With that said, he has to make some changes to the staff this off season. Stripping Coach Smith of his play calling duties is imperative. I would love to see a new DC as well but I don't know if the budget will allow it. I wouldnt hate Rolo calling the plays

gpmcconnell
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by gpmcconnell »

gpmcconnell wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:55 am I still believe in Rolo and think he is the man for the job. With that said, he has to make some changes to the staff this off season. Stripping Coach Smith of his play calling duties is imperative. I would love to see a new DC as well but I don't know if the budget will allow it. I wouldnt hate Rolo calling the plays
I misspoke, Rolo was calling the plays the last 4 games. Need to change that