shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: ***** Official BYU vs. Hawaii Game Thread*****

Post by shrek2 »

ulua wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:23 pm Brown is still a bone head, we can’t win with him.
I also blame Rolo big time for his lack of leadership
I buy into your second statement. Brown is obviously head coach's choice. I say get rid of Rolo. He had his chance.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

It was mentioned Dru passed for 71%.
That's because when it's 2nd and 25, 2-3 yard passes are available all night

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:55 pm It was mentioned Dru passed for 71%.
That's because when it's 2nd and 25, 2-3 yard passes are available all night
Yup all the dump offs to DSJ is the only reason he had a high completion percentage.
on fan phone when ever a caller complained about Drew he said only the last few games drew looked off but he had a good night tonight's with 71% percent completion rate, Dickson such a Homer

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Also some of St Juste stats are skewed.
Don't get me wrong, he's a dang great runner, but when we are down 20 something points late in the game or facing 3rd and 15+, the defense sags off and wants us to run. This was evident all season.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Offensive stats are great for fantasy football, but if you can't score it doesn't amount to much.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

only 7 pages of comments on game day. not good. i'm hoping on sunday we have a whole bunch more, i enjoy reading them.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:51 pm Offensive stats are great for fantasy football, but if you can't score it doesn't amount to much.
I second this notion... I mean motion. Hey but wait, there is no motion in the offense.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

All I want for Christmas is for all of the St Louis boys and all of the other commits to honor their verbal commitments and sign with the Warriors. And Rolo and staff had better get their butts moving on securing commits for the February signing period to fill all of their many, many needs. If no current assistant coaches are let go, then they all really need to reflect on the past season and come up with how to improve their performance for the coming year. And it sure would be nice if the greater UH community, to include the general public, Legislature and Governor mans up and backs the athletic department to make the necessary infrastructure (facilities as well as student/athlete programs) improvements needed to bolster future recruiting efforts. :dubthum:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

stranger808 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:53 pm ...k, i looked #67 up, he's a true freshman, 6-6 270lbs so he has time to get better. I can't be too hard on him, he's playing because of all the injuries. Trial by fire. Give 'um Kipper!
during the game, the ref said on mic "#92 for Hawaii will now be wearing #67". My roster said that #92 previously was Max Hendrie... Was Hendrie in at RT or was it Kipper?

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Just glad that this season is over. I compare this season to 2012 and 2015. All three seasons resulted in 3 win seasons and all three included a FCS win. It's probably because UH lost their last 5 games of this season but the way this season ended left a bad feeling in my stomach. Hate ending the season on a losing streak.