5 QBS on Scholie all via Rolo's

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

5 QBS on Scholie all via Rolo's

Post by BigWave96744 »

To set tge record straight the 5 QB's on scholie are all Rolo's guys.

Dru and the 2 Coles were all throughly analyzed and recruited by Rolo and his staff.

Tuileta and Hunter Hughes were walkons offered scholies by Rolo.

If Dru is our best option to win and all others no where close to take the reigns, then that's all on the coaches for their recruiting and failure to develop the backup after almost 2 years.

In the meantime McKenzie Milton and Jordan Ta'amu continues to shine.

Time to stop blaming Chow.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: 5 QBS on Scholie all via Rolo's

Post by honu888 »

We need a true quarterbacks coach who has the ability to work and build this unit to its fullest potential. To me it's the most important position and it needs the most attention. I totally agree that there has been no development. Dru has regressed and the backups are not showing any signs of closing the gap between them and Dru. We could get a 5 start QB out of high school but it wouldn't matter if we have no one to develop them. I have nothing against Stutz but I don't think he has the knowledge of being a quarterbacks coach, but again neither do I. Just my 2 cents.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:08 pm To set tge record straight the 5 QB's on scholie are all Rolo's guys.

Dru and the 2 Coles were all throughly analyzed and recruited by Rolo and his staff.

Tuileta and Hunter Hughes were walkons offered scholies by Rolo.

If Dru is our best option to win and all others no where close to take the reigns, then that's all on the coaches for their recruiting and failure to develop the backup after almost 2 years.

In the meantime McKenzie Milton and Jordan Ta'amu continues to shine.

Time to stop blaming Chow.
What freshman QB did Chow bring in? All of our QBs don't have much experience (one is a volleyball player and hasn't played QB in about 3 years, the other was given a scholie because they had one available and he is a SR). The other two were brought in by Rolo but one is a FR and the other was a gamble. Why bring up Milton? Rolo wanted him but in the end, he didn't want to come.
ImageImage

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Watching replay. Cole moves team down to redzone. Rolo subs in Dru who throws two incompletions on 3rd and 4th down. When he gets rushed he panics. Rolo should have given Cole a chance to finish.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:19 pm What freshman QB did Chow bring in? All of our QBs don't have much experience (one is a volleyball player and hasn't played QB in about 3 years, the other was given a scholie because they had one available and he is a SR). The other two were brought in by Rolo but one is a FR and the other was a gamble.
Norm Chow
2012: QB: Higgins (So), Graves (Jr), , Shutter (Jr)
2012: QB recruits, Ikaika Woolsey (Fr), Taylor Graham (Ohio St xfer Soph - Needs to sit out), Sean Schroeder (Duke xfer Jr)

2013: QB: Ikaika Woolsey (RSFr), Higgins (Jr) , Taylor Graham (Jr), Sean Schroeder (Sr)
2013: QB recruits Aaron Zwalen (Fr-went on mission), Keelan Ewaliko (switch to WR)
2013: QB walkon Adonis Jordan (So)
2013: Graves (switched to WR, Shutter dismissed from team)

2014: QB: Ikaika Woolsey (So), Adonis Jordan (Jr), Higgins (Sr) , Taylor Graham (Sr), Sean Schroeder (Sr)
2014: QB recruits Beau Riley (Fr), Max Whitek (USC xfer Jr - needs to sit out)
2014: QB walkon: Eric Prater (Fr)

2015: QB: Aaron Zwalen (Fr), Beau Riley (RSFr), Ikaika Woolsey (Jr), Max Whitek (Sr)
2015: QB recruits
2015: Adonis Jordan (switched to WR), Eric Prater (xfer to Montana)

Nick Rolovich
2016: QB: Aaron Zwalen (RSFr), Beau Riley (So), Ikaika Woolsey (Sr)
2016: QB recruits: Cole Brownholtz (Fr), Cole McDonald (Fr), Dru Brown (So)
2016 QB walkons: Kyle Gallup (Marshall xfer RSFr-needs to sit out) , Hunter Hughes (Jr)

2017: QB recruits: Cole Brownholtz (RSFr), Cole McDonald (RSFr), Kyle Gallup (So), Dru Brown (Jr), Hunter Hughes (Sr - awarded Scholie during season)
2017: QB walkon: Justin Uahinui (Fr), Larson Greeley (Fr), Larry Tuileta (Jr - awarded Scholie during season)
2017: Aaron Zwalen (xfer to Southern Utah), Beau Riley (xfer to Texas A&M-Kingsville football)

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I like Drew. He just doesn't have an offensive line or mentor. His job lately has been to hand off the ball to DSJ. McKenzie Milton is a decommit who decided to go with Marcus Mariota's coach who had recently become the head coach of the Knights. I wouldn't dis the recruiting process. Given we are a loser program, we've done alright.

Is Chow to blame? Yes and no. The administration who fired a proven, competent coach in Greg McMackin is to blame. He coached both a college National Championship team and an NFL Superbowl team. Oh sure, he lost close games to the likes of Derek Carr and Collin Kaepernick...actually, he handed Colin Kaepernick his only loss in the 2010 season.

Coach is too chummy with the players and staff. The appointment of two newbies as offensive and defensive coordinators when the head coach is also a newbie...has been disastrous.

IDK what to think. Head coach plays at being a disciplinarian by hard-balling staff and players. What's with all the suspensions and Naoele walking out midseason? Also, when I looked at the coaching staff, I noticed a lot of the coaches have multiple duties. Why is Smith Offensive Coordinator, Running Backs Coach, and Tight Ends Coach?

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:19 pmWhy bring up Milton? Rolo wanted him but in the end, he didn't want to come.
Rolo did not recruit McKenzie Milton, Norm Chow did. Rolo did honored the offer but it's known that he was possibly looking to move Milton to another position, possibly Slotback.

As far as Jordan Taamu, Hawaii never offered him even though he was a 3* JC transfer

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Looking forward to next season at QB, provided that Cordeiro and Moussa sign their LOI's.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Egonator
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: Brewers/Rays
NBA: Jazz/Timberwolves
NFL: Vikings/Bills

Post by Egonator »

Really hoping to see Hunter Hughes in the last game. Since the state of Hawaii and Na Koa paid for part of his college education he should have a chance to suit up and pay.

Stutsman needs to go. A wide receivers coach as a quarterbacks coach makes no sense to me. Rolo is just hiring his friends