Rich Miano for DC

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Rich Miano for DC

Post by poidog »

bigislandkurt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:57 am Just to play devils' advocate....
Remember that our current DC is a rookie, first time DC. Like all coaches, do we give him a chance? Or is it truly win now -- fire him because he is not doing good? Gotta give him one chance eh?
well, the 1st half of the Nevada game was probably the worst coached defensive effort I've seen in a long time from a UH team. Forget about not being able to cover TE's or anything over the middle or always falling for screen passes or that the DBs are too often left on an island and are not coached to bump the receivers at the LOS even though they are playing so tight all the time - the fact that they kept blitzing and blitzing and blitzing even though Nevada was exploiting their aggressiveness over and over and that Rolo had to step in and make them play more base defense in the second half was very troubling. We need to see progress, I guess...

quikfeat
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by quikfeat »

San Jose St had 500+ yards against our UH Defense - this may be the worst UH Defense in UH History. I didn't like that Star Advertiser article last Friday with Legi basically blaming the players; not once did he state, we as coaches need to do a better job of putting our players in better position to execute... The D has been bad since the first game with the exception being maybe the Wyoming game. I just think Legi is in over his head as Defensive Coordinator. UH can still possibly win UNLV, Fresno St, and BYU to have the necessary 6 wins for the Hawaii Bowl however a change has to be made quickly in order for this to happen.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Just my 2cents, but next year's DC may be the determining factor on whether Jahlani Tavai stays or opts for the NFL.

Another thing Rich did well was organizing Pro Day.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Legi can go back to coaching the DLine.
Just like when Glanville came and replaced DC Lumpkin, who went back to being an assistant

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

poidog wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:13 am
go bows wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 pm
Old Diver wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 am

Can you please give us a specific example of this? Miano has never been charged or even implied with bending NCAA rules or regulations. Stop making up fake news. As for high school can you name me a top ten team in the local high school rankings which doesn't recruit or have transfer players? The "I Hate Rich Miano Club" is only exceeded in membership by the "I Hate June Jones Club." These are two coaches have sacrificed a thousand times more for the program than their detractors. What have you done lately for the program. That's what I thought.
Utilizing UH facilities for speed and quickness camp without paying a rental fee. Failing to pay taxes for his "non profit."

Utilizing the Kaiser name for his carnival despite being warned by the principal.
What do those things have to do with being a successful assistant coach at the FBS level? Even if he was using UH facilities for HSQ, that camp is a great way to build relationships with potential recruits and get them on campus. His "style" may have rubbed people the wrong way at the HS level but there were no complaints about anything he was doing when he was June Jones' DB coach and one of the main recruiters for the program.
You do not get it -- please go suck on miano's d@9k :D

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

go bows wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:40 pm
poidog wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:13 am

Utilizing UH facilities for speed and quickness camp without paying a rental fee. Failing to pay taxes for his "non profit."

Utilizing the Kaiser name for his carnival despite being warned by the principal.
What do those things have to do with being a successful assistant coach at the FBS level? Even if he was using UH facilities for HSQ, that camp is a great way to build relationships with potential recruits and get them on campus. His "style" may have rubbed people the wrong way at the HS level but there were no complaints about anything he was doing when he was June Jones' DB coach and one of the main recruiters for the program.
You do not get it -- please go suck on miano's d@9k :D
what, you couldn't find anything legit to say in response to me? that's because you got nothing to say. go fudge yourself.

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

Moron -- dude puts himself first instead of the program. Now go back to your Miano altar.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm Just my 2cents, but next year's DC may be the determining factor on whether Jahlani Tavai stays or opts for the NFL.

Another thing Rich did well was organizing Pro Day.
Tavai is not ready for the NFL.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Rich helped coordinate the "Motivate Kids" event that with the help of Marcus Mariota, transported, fed 1000 kids to the UH game

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Miano is a diehard UH and overall fan. I don't understand the hate that some people have for him. He is also a pretty good color man on the Spectrum/OC16 telecasts.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Forgot to add that Rich, "Volunteered" his time and efforts for this event for the kids and will be working with Marcus on future events

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

go bows wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 am Miano always likes to for methods to bending rules/regulations.

Dangerous hire since you must continually monitor. Plus RM is more concerned about those speed and quickness and football camps that are very profitable.

UH is just cover to enrich his other endeavors.
Can you please give us a specific example of this? Miano has never been charged or even implied with bending NCAA rules or regulations. Stop making up fake news. As for high school can you name me a top ten team in the local high school rankings which doesn't recruit or have transfer players? The "I Hate Rich Miano Club" is only exceeded in membership by the "I Hate June Jones Club." These are two coaches have sacrificed a thousand times more for the program than their detractors. What have you done lately for the program. That's what I thought.

This is not true. The article about failing to pay taxes was incorrect. All filings and taxes were paid. You can verify this with the Attorney Generals Office. Miano never tried to use the Kaiser name for the carnival. Rich wanted to raise money for the Kaiser athletes department and the Speed and Quickness clinic.The principal refused to let Rich have the carnival take place on Kaiser grounds because some community activist who send their children to out of district private schools complained so he moved it to the strip of land near Kalanianaole Hwy. Those private school activist still complained. Despite the move Rich held up his end of the bargain and donated around $9000 to Kaiser High School.

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

Old Diver wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 am

This is not true. The article about failing to pay taxes was incorrect. All filings and taxes were paid. You can verify this with the Attorney Generals Office. Miano never tried to use the Kaiser name for the carnival. Rich wanted to raise money for the Kaiser athletes department and the Speed and Quickness clinic.The principal refused to let Rich have the carnival take place on Kaiser grounds because some community activist who send their children to out of district private schools complained so he moved it to the strip of land near Kalanianaole Hwy. Those private school activist still complained. Despite the move Rich held up his end of the bargain and donated around $9000 to Kaiser High School.
Only paid after getting caught with "thinking" non profits do not pay taxes.

Miano failed to show up for the neighborhood board meeting to address community concerns about traffic, safety, etc. Miano attempted to exploit the community and failed.

Greedy just like developer Sanford Carr.

Saint Louis is perfect Miano.

go bows
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by go bows »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48 am Miano is a diehard UH and overall fan. I don't understand the hate that some people have for him. He is also a pretty good color man on the Spectrum/OC16 telecasts.
Good color man that explains football concepts well. Remains a greedy narcissist.

Why does Rolo not hire him?

Old Diver
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Old Diver »

go bows wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 am
Old Diver wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:06 am

Only paid after getting caught with "thinking" non profits do not pay taxes.

Miano failed to show up for the neighborhood board meeting to address community concerns about traffic, safety, etc. Miano attempted to exploit the community and failed.

Greedy just like developer Sanford Carr.

Saint Louis is perfect Miano.
Not true. All taxes were paid on time. The story was incorrect. Call the Attorney Generals Office if you wish to confirm. Comparing Rich Miano to Stanford Carr? Now that is a fail on your part.