Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Hard to watch UH languish

Post by Palolo_2LA »

There are some glaring issues with UH's FB team that will not change without a shake up during the off season.

1) Running a RB 40x is a 60's and 70's era FB. How would you feel if you were made to run into a wall that many times? Why do none of the highly touted younger RBs get any reps? It was hard to watch a dive left and right and it felt like the Chow era. DSJ seems uneasy sometimes when running the ball and I don't blame him bc he's getting nailed by dlinemen. As a recruit or a parent of a recruit, I'd pass on being a crash dummy.

2) Dru is definitely not the answer at QB. There have been a consistent amount of issues every game like over and under throwing WRs, misreads and seems like a reluctance to run the ball. There has been around 5 plays a game were he should have ran the ball when the DE crashed hard on the RB, but handed the ball of of a loss or minimal gain. Like DSJ, Dru also looks skittish when running the ball

3) D is a hot mess. Missed tackles, bad coverage in the backend and no flow/swap to ball , which is the largest issue. Hustling to the ball takes effort and anyone can do it which shows the passion on D is absent. #needabetterDC

4) Free Larry...when can we get a relief pitcher? Floundering with this run up the gut O will lead to more loses and drive fans away. #defendpriderock #needachange
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

BigWave96744

Re: Hard to watch UH languish

Post by BigWave96744 »

I hear you bro...
Tell fans to be patient is like going back to the Chow era when he ran Joey to the ground, and played his starting QB game after game with the same mistakes happening and the only thing we hear is "We've got to get better", "Wait til next year", "We got to recruit speed", "Looking back I've should have played ______"

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm I hear you bro...
Tell fans to be patient is like going back to the Chow era when he ran Joey to the ground, and played his starting QB game after game with the same mistakes happening and the only thing we hear is "We've got to get better", "Wait til next year", "We got to recruit speed", "Looking back I've should have played ______"
Yup...same MO...ppl are more lenient with Rolo bc he's a former player and OC. Where are the in game and week to week changes? Doesn't seem to be much strategy changes applied. Question is if that is bc the coaches can't couch or the players can't play or a combo? #dazedandconfused

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

lmao we ain't got nothing else. It's only DSJ and John Ursua.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:50 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 pm I hear you bro...
Yup...same MO...ppl are more lenient with Rolo bc he's a former player and OC. Where are the in game and week to week changes? Doesn't seem to be much strategy changes applied. Question is if that is bc the coaches can't couch or the players can't play or a combo? #dazedandconfused
Maybe Rolo gets more leeway because he has won as many games in 1.5 years as Chow won in 4. Rolo's record as HC 10-11. Chow's 10-36. Maybe if Rolo went 0-25 and ended up with the same record as Chow, he'll suffer the same fate.
ImageImage

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Neighbor wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:18 pm lmao we ain't got nothing else. It's only DSJ and John Ursua.
Now, just DSJ. :-(

passepartout
High-quality H20 provider
NFL: Americas team

Post by passepartout »

It will take time to recruit better players on O and D. But there are changes that need to happen now or after the season. Better coaches, teachers, mentors, motivators, recruiters. Also on the now list is game adjustments, there seems to be some movement in game adjustments but we still have big problems on defense. And that's on the coaches.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

offense is fine, maybe a little to run heavy at times, good if you got the game wrapped up already not good if they gotta keep answering scores the defense is giving up.But hard to argue, #3 running back in the nation and #1 receiver in the nation. Dru may not be the answer at QB for most people. but he's the QB for Rolo's offense. Don't expect any changes at QB anytime soon. But the Defense? man thats another story haha

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

We have new offensive and defensive coordinators. DSJ has had 3 200 yard games and is already over a thousand yards on the season. He is set to break the record for most yardage by any running back in school history.

My biggest concerns are penalties, position responsibilities of ST and D, and the tackling ability of ST and D.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

better TV deal too. i cant imagine recruits wanting to go 2,500+ miles away from family and friends and then they're not even able to watch the games.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Oh, man...I miss the days of ESPN coverage.

Irse
MLB: Cubs

Post by Irse »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 am Oh, man...I miss the days of ESPN coverage.
And we have Herman Failure to thank for that.
ImageImage

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Neighbor wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:40 pm better TV deal too. i cant imagine recruits wanting to go 2,500+ miles away from family and friends and then they're not even able to watch the games.
They can use the stadium app...that's what I use. Being on ESPN other channels requires winning, so that will take time.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm We have new offensive and defensive coordinators. DSJ has had 3 200 yard games and is already over a thousand yards on the season. He is set to break the record for most yardage by any running back in school history.

My biggest concerns are penalties, position responsibilities of ST and D, and the tackling ability of ST and D.
Those stats are padded against $hitty opponents. DSJ is a good back, but he's not elite. Ursua is an elite SB.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Palolo_2LA »

whirlygig5 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 pm offense is fine, maybe a little to run heavy at times, good if you got the game wrapped up already not good if they gotta keep answering scores the defense is giving up.But hard to argue, #3 running back in the nation and #1 receiver in the nation. Dru may not be the answer at QB for most people. but he's the QB for Rolo's offense. Don't expect any changes at QB anytime soon. But the Defense? man thats another story haha
Crappy O and swiss cheese D means loses against any decent foe. A high powered O give UH a chance to win.