*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:54 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:25 am Not to be Wyokie, but shouldn't W. Carolina's Conference Game "*" be a prefix, not suffix?
i don't think you could ever be a "wyokie".... there can only be one!
AND I am the living legend from......WYOMING!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:40 am Wyoming has the least road games, 5
And we don't leave Laramie for a whole month. FOUR straight home games including playing the Bows and a week off before playing both Utah State and the Smurfs on the road.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 0 - Win over UMass!!!!!

Post by chawan_cut »

I'll update this tomorrow after UCLA plays their game today.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 1 - win over the Catamounts!

Post by chawan_cut »

Sloppy QB play but it was made up for by the 200+ yards by Saint Juste and another 80+ by our backup. Their QB was elusive and got them out of trouble many times, but our special teams did more good than bad, blocking the 3 FGs, altho they did allow the blocked PAT for a 2pt conversion.
Brown needs to get back to week 0's accuracy and pocket poise for this week's challenge at UCLA. Playing in the Rose Bowl for the first team will be awesome for the team and fans but it's scary what UCLA can do. they were down 44-10 late in the 3rd but came back with 35 unanswered points to win 45-44.

Here's how everyone else did on our schedule.
UMass went down south to Coastal Carolina and lost by 10. They host ODU this week to try to get their first win of the season
UCLA had one of the biggest comebacks to beat A&M yesterday
Wyoming's preseason all star QB gets a wake up call at Iowa. They get to recoup this week with Gardner-Webb
CSU gets held without a TD against instate rival Colorado. They also get a break this week with Abiline Christian
Nevada gets paid but loses at Northwestern. They get the Rockets of Toledo this week
San Jose bouces back with a win over I-AA Cal Poly. They head to Texas where the Longhorns are looking for someone to beat after getting run over by Maryland.
San Diego St also gets its first win by taking out UC Davis. They have a real test this week at Arizona State.
UNLV loses a bad one to I-AA Howard. It was an unofficial 45 given to the Bison if you're a betting man, biggest upset in college football history. Lets see if they can rebound at the Idaho Vandals
Fresno starts their season right beating Incarnate Word... Who?? Yeah, exactly.
Utah State gets beat pretty good by the Badgers. They should do fine against Idaho State this week.
BYU gets roughed up by the Tigers of LSU. I wonder when the last time they got shut out at home. they host in state rival Utah this week.

Ok, good luck to our guys at UCLA. We probably have to play a perfect game. Anything is possible.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:19 pm BYU gets roughed up by the Tigers of LSU. I wonder when the last time they got shut out at home. they host in state rival Utah this week.
I could look it up but I won't 'cos I really REALLY hate the (BYU) maggots with a unbridled passion!!!!!

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

chawan_cut wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:19 pm Fresno starts their season right beating Incarnate Word... Who??
Sounds like a high-level spell from dungeons & dragons. I think their cleric rolled a 1 with that score tho :lol:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

ubercow wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am
chawan_cut wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:19 pm Fresno starts their season right beating Incarnate Word... Who??
Sounds like a high-level spell from dungeons & dragons. I think their cleric rolled a 1 with that score tho :lol:
FCS school in the Southland Conference
San Antonio, Texas
Cardinals is the nickname
Started football back in 2009.

Any questions?

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 2 Loss at UCLA

Post by chawan_cut »

sorry wyokie it took so long to get to this update. i was at pasadena with the team and just got back to my laptop to do this.
anyways, not the showing we wanted. we gave the nfl scouts a great look at the talent in Roser. he only threw 3 incomplete passes. we only got minimal pressure on him which gave him all day to find his open WRs. brown wasn't on his best either and we got down too fast too early. St Juste had another nice game but too little scoring. lets hope this prepares us for Wyoming's other Josh, who has nfl hype as well.

Here's how everyone else did.
UMass loses again against Old Dominion. They might get a break this week at Temple, as the Owls are also struggling.
Western Carolina gets a huge blowout win over Steph Curry's alma mater, Davidson. They go to wherever Gardner Webb is this week.
Gardner Webb just got shut out by Wyoming as a warm up game for Oregon this week, who is amazingly going to Laramie for some odd reason. Let's hope the Ducks wipe and wear out the pokes to give our bye week extra rest for our guys to head there next week.
Colorado State regrouped against Abiline Christian but they head to Alabama for their $$$$ game. Maybe Tua will play more this week.
Nevada lost again this time against Toledo, but should be able to handle Idaho State this week.
San Jose made their $$$ losing to the Longhorns, but they now head to the Utes, who just beat their in state rival BYU.
SDSU goes to ASU to win against the Sun Devils, and head home to a tougher PAC-12 opponent in Stanford this week, who just lost to USC
UNLV got on the winning track going to Moscow, ID to beat the Vandals. They also get paid this week at Columbus, who is probably angry for losing to Oklahoma this week.
Fresno got paid too at Alabama but now have to go to the PNW to play at the Huskies.
Previously mentioned Idaho St gave Utah St their first win. USU now heads to Wake Forest for $$.
Other MWC games of note, boise loses to Wazzu, 47-43, in 3 ot. They led the game 31-10 in the 4th and everything fell apart. Rypien got hurt.
Ohio St loses to Oklahoma. Yay!

Anyways, rest up Bows, watch tape, learn from the loss and get ready for wyokie's pokes next week.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week3 - Bye week

Post by chawan_cut »

nice to have a bye week to rest up and watch everyone else get beat up.
i don't think i've ever seen our opponents only have 2 wins in a week. everyone else went down.

UMass goes to Temple and loses it's 3rd in a row. It's gonna get more difficult at Tennessee who just lost a tough one to Florida. At least they'll get paid.
Western Carolina is on an offensive roll winning by 20. They play Samford this week. I wonder what their nickname is.
UCLA has the travel woes having to go cross country to Memphis and lose by 3. Rosen threw for a lot but also threw 2 INTs. Why couldn't he do that against us?!?!? now they gotta play their first conference game at Stanford, who amazingly lost to San Diego St.
Wyoming gets shalacked (that's the first time i've ever typed that word) by the Ducks of Oregon. Lets hope they're not ready for us this week or we'll never hear the end of it from wyokie...
Colorado State was Alabama's 2nd MWC victim as they get paid but give Bama some easy pickings before conference play.
Nevada loses at home to Idaho State, who? yeah, exactly. Now they head to a hot Washington St.
San Jose St gives up another 50+ points but now go on to host the younger Utah cousin as the Aggies come to town.
Again, San Diego state pulled the upset of the week beating the trees of Stanford. Yay! giving our conference some respect
Fresno gets wiped out in the PNW visiting UW. They get a break this week before hosting Nevada
I hope Utah State got paid going to the Demon Deacons for their loss. They go to San Jose this week
BYU continues to struggle, getting smashed by Wisconsin. They have a bye this week to figure it out.

Good luck to our guys this week! Go get em!

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week3 - Bye week

Post by wyokie »

chawan_cut wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:01 pm Wyoming gets shalacked (that's the first time i've ever typed that word) by the Ducks of Oregon. Lets hope they're not ready for us this week or we'll never hear the end of it from wyokie...
Honestly this game scares me! If Wyoming wins, I'll be damned happy about it!!!!

Wished I was there in person at the WAR in Laramie but.....

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 4 -Loss to Wyoming....

Post by chawan_cut »

man, of all teams to lose to, we lose to wyokie's... and we lost the trophy too. don't worry, after josh allen gets drafted (for some reason) by the browns or jets, the cowboys will have to reload and come to our stadium next year to give that trophy back.
i wasn't able to catch the game, but from what i read we out gained them but we missed some opportunities. 2 bad interceptions and that long kickoff return really hurt us.
we have little time to recover as the Rams come in this week. they have a more potent offense that wyoming and they had the week off to watch and learn from our nationally televised game.

here's how everyone else did

UMass gave Tennessee all they could handle and also getting paid. They host the Ohio bobcats this week to look for their first win.
W. Carolina has a 3 game winning streak beating Samford this week. They go to Chatanooga to see if they can continue it
Stanford took out its frustrations against rival UCLA and went crazy on offense and ended their 2 game losing streak. even tho Josh Rosen threw for almost 500 yards, the bruins give up 263 yards rushing to the Cardinal's Love. they host Colorado this week to try turn their 2 game losing streak around
nevada gets beat down by Wazzu in Pullman by the 18th ranked Cougars. They might have their first chance at a win this week at also struggling Fresno, who had a bye.
San Jose st loses big to Utah State. Are the Spartans that bad or the Aggies that good?
San Diego St escapes with a win at Air Force. They host Northern Illinois, who has had a great team the last few years. Should be a good test.
UNLV gets paid but gets beat good by the Ohio State Buckeyes (booo Urban Meyer...) They should have an easier time with San Jose St this week
BYU had a bye this week to figure out their offense and host in state rival Utah St. Maybe the Aggies have a chance to win at Provo this year...
In other MWC games, Boise gets killed at home by Virginia. All is not well on the Blue Turf. 2 losses already in 4 games? the leash is getting short there.
New Mexico beats Tulsa 16-13 on a game ending FG

We need to put a whole game together. all 3 phases for the Rams this week. 4 games done. 8 games left. need 4 for the bowl game, 5 for a winning season.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 5 - Blowout loss to CSU

Post by chawan_cut »

man, didn't expect that. shows that we've still got work to do to even compete with the top of our conference. the disparity between their top athletes and ours was apparent.
our pass D got worked and our offense sputtered early.
now we head on the road to hopefully a down and out Nevada wolfpack. We need to end this 3 game losing streak and get back on track.

here's how everyone else did.
- UMass is still looking for its first win but did put up 50 in it's loss to Ohio. They have a bye but they head to South Florida who is on a roll in the top 25.
- W. Carolina on the other hand has a 4 game winning streak blowing out the Mocs (??) of of Chatanooga.
- UCLA also gets out of it's losing streak and beats CU. They have a bye this week before going to Arizona
- Wyoming finds its offense as it beats up on WAC member Texas state. They go to Utah State next week who has found itself
- Nevada gives Fresno it's first conference win. Hope thats a good sign for us as we go there this week.
- San Jose gets blown out at UNLV. They're our next home game. Hope that's also a good sign for us
- SDSU takes out a good N. Illinois team. They go to Vegas this week to face the Rebels
- And Utah state got it's big brown barrel trophy by beating rival BYU who has lost 4 in a row.
- BYU got Boise this week. Could be ugly.

Boise had a bye this week
- New Mexico beat Air Force pretty well this week. They go to Fresno this week to bring the Bulldogs back down to earth.

In other games, At least we're not a LSU fan. Wow, losing at home to powerhouse Troy. They Trojans probably get THE Win of their program by double whammy'ng the Tigers. They get paid $$$$ and come away with the win. Oh those SEC fans aren't very happy right now.
- It's also a good day when USC loses. They went to Wazzu in the top 5. they won't be there tis week.

C'mon guys, find yourselves this week and get a win in Reno!!

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 6 - Loss at Reno

Post by chawan_cut »

man, i didn't get to watch yesterday's game but hearing from friends it was ugly. what happened?? we gave Nevada their first win. our penalties hurt us over and over and took DSJ's long TD run that would've put him over 300 yards rushing in the game.
we don't have time to waste. we need to figure things out before this week's game. san jose is another struggling team but we can't take them for granted.

here's how everyone else did
Lot's of byes this week, 3 of them for our opponents.
W. Carolina came back down to earth ending their 4 game win streak at Wofford. They host Eastern Tenneesee state this week to see if they can get back on track
CSU goes to Logan and takes out the Aggies to keep their #1 spot in the Mountain division They got Nevada this week and should give Reno a dose of reality
SDSU goes to Vegas and roughs them up. They host Boise this week in a possible matchup for the league championship later this year.
Fresno gets a winning record with it's win at San Jose. We get them later this season.
BYU gets beat up at home by the Boise Broncos. Doesn't get easy for this independent, going to SEC country to play Miss St.

other teams in our conference
- air force loses in a shootout to navy in one of it's rivalry games.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 8 - Spartans down!

Post by chawan_cut »

couldn't watch again last night but glad i get to use the bright green cell highlight color again.
i heard it wasn't great D again. gave up another kickoff td, but we were at home. we won. DSJ went over 200 and 1000 for the 2nd straight year. hope ursua is ok.
got a bye week to figure this all out for the 5 game stretch to end the season. SDSU is next and will be angry after losing at home to boise.

here's how everyone else did.
- UMass' game was cancelled earlier this season but as Hurricane Irma messed up travel plans. there is no plan to make up this game. they will play FIU instead at the end of the year. They play Georgia Southern this week.
- W. Carolina goes off against E. Tennessee to get back on the winning track. They go to VMI this week.
- UCLA can't string together 2 wins in a row as they lose at Arizona. They get a struggling Oregon this week at home.
- Wyoming gets 3 in a row at Logan. They get up rising Boise who just beat undefeated SDSU. Good luck.
- CSU looks like the class of the mountain still as they out duel Nevada. They head to struggling New Mexico this week, who got shut out by Fresno this week.
- UNLV went to the academy and lost to the Falcons. They host the Aggies this week.
- Fresno might be in trouble this week as SDSU will definitely lose their top 25 ranking.
- And BYU loses 6 in a row in SEC country. They stay down south at East Carolina

ok, rest up guys. figure it all out. then prepare for the Aztecs.

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2017 Schedule of Opponents' Schedules - Week 9 - bye week

Post by chawan_cut »

wow, SDSU lost again. to fresno. which aztec team will show up next week? did they throw in the towel or are they still fighting for the conference title?

UMass finally got its first win
W. Carolina started another win streak
UCLA beat up struggling Oregon
Wyoming came back down to earth against Boise at that ugly blue field
CSU almost fell to New Mexico but is still on top the mountain division
Nevada loses a shoot out to Air Force
San Jose had a bye as well but head to Provo to see who can get their 2nd win of the season
UNLV also loses as the Aggies drop 52 on them

We shall see how we do this weekend and how we took care of ourselves during the by week.
See you guys at the stadium!!