kekaula

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
whirlygig5
High-quality H20 provider

kekaula

Post by whirlygig5 »

Gotta get rid of this guy.....so annoying with his sllloooooow way of talking....."Nooooooo plaaaaaace to gooooooooo" i gotta mute the TV cz of this guy, he can't spit out what he wants to say.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: kekaula

Post by shrek2 »

I gotta say Kekaula on television is better than the two clowns on 1420 radio. He doesn't miss a play like the two radio announcers who people need "live stat" to augment their broadcast. It took them quite a few series before they got the name of the second string QB. Then the play by play doesn't say Brown hands it off to Ryan Tuiasoa, all he says is Tuiasoa with the ball which doesn't indicate whether he got it in a pitch out, handoff or Wildcat. As far as I'm concerned Robert Kekaula is far better than most. Besides, its Chris Berman's trade mark to say, "He... could... go... all.. the.. way." So, you don't like Chris Berman either?

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

Personally, it is obvious that either of the Leigh's need to be the play by play guys or Rich Miano. Kekaula has stumbled, mumbled his eay through almost every sports casting ive heard him do for the last 20 yrs.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

" So, you don't like Chris Berman either? i don't mind Chris Berman, thats one line and he says it with excitement. Kekaula does this slow stalling type talk all the time. Almost like he has something special to say but he doesn't, just takes forever to say it. You don't notice this??? Take his old opening line before he did the sport "HI, hope your all having aaaaaaaaaaaaaa pleasant evening"

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

whirlygig5 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:03 am Gotta get rid of this guy.....so annoying with his sllloooooow way of talking....."Nooooooo plaaaaaace to gooooooooo" i gotta mute the TV cz of this guy, he can't spit out what he wants to say.
Disagree. Your comment is like saying spam musubi is totally gross. Just eat the thing!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

I think we're stuck with him until the end of time

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

whirlygig5 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 pm " So, you don't like Chris Berman either? i don't mind Chris Berman, thats one line and he says it with excitement. Kekaula does this slow stalling type talk all the time. Almost like he has something special to say but he doesn't, just takes forever to say it. You don't notice this??? Take his old opening line before he did the sport "HI, hope your all having aaaaaaaaaaaaaa pleasant evening"
I totally agree. I think that Robert Kekaula puts some feeling into what he says and his style has never been annoying. When I hear him on YouTube he makes a pretty good representation for UH and the State. His call of Kemp making the catch that beat UNLV added to the excitement of the moment.

Nisei
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Padres

Post by Nisei »

Other teams in the MWC love Kekaula.

whirlygig5

Post by whirlygig5 »

"Disagree. Your comment is like saying spam musubi is totally gross. Just eat the thing!"

Spam musubis are awesome, Kekaula isn't. That slow stalling way of speaking is so old and annoying already, get someone who can speak normally pls not like his dumb way he used to say "the wow..............lau...............lau........................................play of the .....................................game" heck Veneri says it just fine.

stranger808
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: Rangers
NBA: Clippers

Post by stranger808 »

Kainoa Leahy, or Jim Leahy for play-by-play, and Dick Tomey, Miano or Veneri for analyst.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

Nisei wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:51 pm Other teams in the MWC love Kekaula.
I'm sure Fresno State loves him especially after he call them the "armpit" of America a few years back. :lol:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

honu888 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:44 pm
I'm sure Fresno State loves him especially after he call them the "armpit" of America a few years back. :lol:
Hahaha. That's really actually kind of funny because Fresno was always on top of the list of cities as the worse place to live in the US. Fresno beat out cities like Cleveland, Stockton, Detroit, and a few others when I saw them rated as #1 that year. They had this special on television about the crime in Fresno and they were talking about finding unidentifiable bodies in the farms because they had (and probably still do have) a high number of transient farm labor and they also had lots of gang activity from across the border. Forbes rates them as #1 as the dirtiest city and still #10 today as the worse city to live but I don't know if I agree with the ratings since I liked living near Milwaukee(7th) and Philadelphia(3rd) when I was there. I wouldn't go on a tour of the City in Fresno even if it was free.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Kekaula still talks like he has two manapuas in his cheeks. I personally liked his Armpit of America comment when he said it. Da buggah didn't hold back!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:32 am Kekaula still talks like he has two manapuas in his cheeks. I personally liked his Armpit of America comment when he said it. Da buggah didn't hold back!
Wouldn't doubt that he had them.
ImageImage

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Yeah. Everyone loves the Cookie Monster, right?