Netane Muti released from NLI, signs with Fresno St.

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Re: Netane Muti signs NLI

Post by BullNuts808 »

Maui Boy in Alaska wrote:I wonder in Fresno St plays a 3-4 Defense. Muti does look more like a DE in a 3-4 defense and not a DT, which I believe he would be ask to play in Hawaii 4-3 defense. I wonder if this is a factor.

No matter the reason, that is a big loss if it is true. If I were UH I would not allow him out of his NLI for a in conference rival. Any school not in conference would be ok. But I would say a hard no to SDST, SJST, UNLV, NEV, and FST.
Good defensive point. Again dunno if this true but heard this from parents of one of Muti's teammates. This island too dang small :lol: :lol:

PrideRockFB
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by PrideRockFB »

Hopefully this isnt true. Guess well find out soon. When do freshman start to practice?

KanakaMaoli96792
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by KanakaMaoli96792 »

Ah, It is best to have Players who want to be here, want to be apart of the movement. its either you in or out.
if Fresno is where he is going, then bradah is gonna get pounded by Fred ulu-Perry next year on the zone blocking scheme!

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

PrideRockFB wrote:Hopefully this isnt true. Guess well find out soon. When do freshman start to practice?
Supposedly June 26

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

BullNuts808 wrote:
Maui Boy in Alaska wrote:I wonder in Fresno St plays a 3-4 Defense. Muti does look more like a DE in a 3-4 defense and not a DT, which I believe he would be ask to play in Hawaii 4-3 defense. I wonder if this is a factor.

No matter the reason, that is a big loss if it is true. If I were UH I would not allow him out of his NLI for a in conference rival. Any school not in conference would be ok. But I would say a hard no to SDST, SJST, UNLV, NEV, and FST.
Good defensive point. Again dunno if this true but heard this from parents of one of Muti's teammates. This island too dang small :lol: :lol:
Why Fresno State? They do have a new Director of Player Personnel Jimmy Morimoto, former Baldwin coach. Tampering? Algebra II requirement that Cal State system does not have?

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

Duster wrote:
BullNuts808 wrote:

Why Fresno State? They do have a new Director of Player Personnel Jimmy Morimoto, former Baldwin coach. Tampering? Algebra II requirement that Cal State system does not have?
If it's true how sad. For UH and him. Not playing in front of family and friends, sheesh. I can see USC or Alabama but Fresno what a bad joke if it's not true.

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Duster wrote:
BullNuts808 wrote:

Could very well be the Algebra II requirement to qualify. UH needs to remove that requirement. Not everyone needs Algebra II for college.

shock808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by shock808 »

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college ... 61762.html
Fresno State adds offensive lineman Netane Muti after release from Hawaii
I guess the rumors were true, now official.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Another article said that he was not accepted into UH due to some sort of test not taken, or something like that. Makes you wonder about the UH admissions process and/or why it is so hard to get into UH. Fresno accepted him, why not UH?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

My3Cats wrote:Another article said that he was not accepted into UH due to some sort of test not taken, or something like that. Makes you wonder about the UH admissions process and/or why it is so hard to get into UH. Fresno accepted him, why not UH?
At one time, didn't we want to be the Harvard of the Pacific? Might be Alg II.
ImageImage

ainoa808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ainoa808 »

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Damn. We cannot continue to lose players on the DL.

shock808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by shock808 »

J-Rod wrote:Damn. We cannot continue to lose players on the DL.
My guess is that rolo knew this was coming and his scholie was already used to sign DL Sunia. I didn't think we had that many schollies left, but we signed three after the initial signing day press release. (Walker, brown, sunia)

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

It's gotta be UH's Alegebra 2 requirement.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Fresno is really hot during the summer, much more than Manoa. There is not much going on there other than farming and crime. I would never recommend a kid from Hawaii to go to Fresno State unless they had national recognition. If they cannot recruit players, its going to be a long four years for Netane Muti. But I'm sure everyone in Hawaii hopes the best the players that decide to leave the islands. But its more incentive for the ones who stay since they always can go to the beach on their off days when they are not working to make the NFL and finish their degrees.