BWC Tournament

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

BWC Tournament

Post by poidog »

Assuming that UCI beats UCR on Saturday, these are the first round match-ups for the conference tournament:

1 Hawaii
8 CS Fullerton

4 UCSB
5 UC Davis

6 UC Riverside
3 LBSU

7 Cal Poly
2 UC Irvine

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: BWC Tournament

Post by poidog »

If we get by Fullerton, there is a scary potential second round match-up against UCSB, which as been on a win streak since we beat them. I was hoping that UCSB and Davis would end up on the same side of the bracket as Irvine, but it didn't shake out that way. Either way, we will have to beat at least 2 good teams to win the tournament, it seems. I'm pulling for Riverside to get to the championship game with us so we can get some revenge (and play a team that we didn't already beat twice).

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

irvine has to get through long beach.this tourney should be good.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Yeah, I noticed that last night too. I'll be rooting for Davis in that quarterfinal...would rather not deal with a potential 10-game win streak Guachos team.

That said, UH has to go into this knowing it will be a dog fight. Every single year at least one of the big dogs in the Big West goes down early in this tournament. It's called March Madness for a reason, crazy stuff happens. Fullerton, UCSB, whoever...UH needs to be at their best. Thrilled with last night's win, but let's be honest...they play like that in Anaheim, they aren't winning the tournament. It's time to step up...in particular, it would be nice to see top-notch Rod Bobbitt back next week. He's been on the back of a milk carton for a few weeks now.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

1)Cut down on the turnovers, and 2)make 80-90% of their free-throws, and 3)win on the boards - the Warriors will win the BWC. Continue with that trend and the Warriors will definitely be the 1st UH team to go past the 1st round.

IMHO this team when playing cohesive ball, can beat anyone in the county.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

poidog wrote:If we get by Fullerton, there is a scary potential second round match-up against UCSB, which as been on a win streak since we beat them. I was hoping that UCSB and Davis would end up on the same side of the bracket as Irvine, but it didn't shake out that way. Either way, we will have to beat at least 2 good teams to win the tournament, it seems. I'm pulling for Riverside to get to the championship game with us so we can get some revenge (and play a team that we didn't already beat twice).

the tournemant reseeds. we will always face the lowest team. If we win round one and there's any upsets, we play the lowest seed.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

seasider wrote:1)Cut down on the turnovers, and 2)make 80-90% of their free-throws, and 3)win on the boards - the Warriors will win the BWC. Continue with that trend and the Warriors will definitely be the 1st UH team to go past the 1st round.

IMHO this team when playing cohesive ball, can beat anyone in the county.
LOL..win the BWC Tournament...country vis-à-vis county.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

xer 21 wrote:
poidog wrote:If we get by Fullerton, there is a scary potential second round match-up against UCSB, which as been on a win streak since we beat them. I was hoping that UCSB and Davis would end up on the same side of the bracket as Irvine, but it didn't shake out that way. Either way, we will have to beat at least 2 good teams to win the tournament, it seems. I'm pulling for Riverside to get to the championship game with us so we can get some revenge (and play a team that we didn't already beat twice).

the tournemant reseeds. we will always face the lowest team. If we win round one and there's any upsets, we play the lowest seed.
ahhh... so we should just cheer for as many upsets as possible then (except when we are playing, of course).

Drewster
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Drewster »

The tourney is pretty much home court for most of the teams. However, with 7 road wins this season, might not be much of a factor.
Class of 94'

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

i would love to see davis upset gauchos.

kaneohe97
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kaneohe97 »

kalua pig wrote:i would love to see davis upset gauchos.
I would love to see that too, haha!

The Gauchos would be a much tougher opponent than Davis imo. Although we beat both Davis and UCSB twice, as of right now the hottest team on a streak is UCSB and I also think we would have more fans at the Honda Center than Davis or SB.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

kaneohe97 wrote:
kalua pig wrote:i would love to see davis upset gauchos.
I would love to see that too, haha!

The Gauchos would be a much tougher opponent than Davis imo. Although we beat both Davis and UCSB twice, as of right now the hottest team on a streak is UCSB and I also think we would have more fans at the Honda Center than Davis or SB.
even though we beat them twice this year,i hate playing gauchos.

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

third time is the charm vs LBSU. Too bad we lost fleming. If smith is hurt our depth is really thin.
Starters played a ton of minutes last night.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Championship Saturday! Good luck to both the kane and wahine bows today!

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Go Warriors and Wahine!

:thumbup:
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.