Flemmings status

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
caboman70
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Flemmings status

Post by caboman70 »

Anyone know what Flemmings status is??

uhwarriors

Re: Flemmings status

Post by uhwarriors »

Sprained ankle, missed road trip.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

Wont know til later. but it didnt sound like a high ankle sprain, which is a good sign.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

hilorain
Starter
Starter
MLB: Cincinnati Reds
NFL: Oakland Raiders

Post by hilorain »

Star Advertiser reporting Fleming requested and received his release effective immediately.

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Very sad and selfish. Why now? You've come this far with the team and you pull this? Unless things really got THAT BAD and there's no other way around it, the timing sucks.
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

seasider
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by seasider »

The808Chef wrote:Very sad and selfish. Why now? You've come this far with the team and you pull this? Unless things really got THAT BAD and there's no other way around it, the timing sucks.
Reportedly to concentrate on academics so he'll leave UH in good academic standing...that is not selfish at all.

Besides, he's in the dog house with the Head Coach, so he won't be seeing much of the hardwood...staying won't impact how the team performs.

xer 21
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NFL: Denver Broncos

Post by xer 21 »

seasider wrote:
The808Chef wrote:Very sad and selfish. Why now? You've come this far with the team and you pull this? Unless things really got THAT BAD and there's no other way around it, the timing sucks.
Reportedly to concentrate on academics so he'll leave UH in good academic standing...that is not selfish at all.

Besides, he's in the dog house with the Head Coach, so he won't be seeing much of the hardwood...staying won't impact how the team performs.
He's leaving now so he can start looking. It is selfish, but its not dishonorable.
When in doubt, burn it down.

Brothers... What We Do In Life Echoes In Eternity...

Mechanical engineers build weapons. Civil engineers build
targets.

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

It is what it is. As is with any new coaching regime, there will be players who weren't all that great in the previous regime that emerge as key players, and guys who were focal points of the previous regime that funnel out. Flemming is one of the latter. Hopefully Niko gets more of a shot now.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Don't see how him leaving now hurts the team on the court. He wasn't playing much anyway and he and Ganot have not clicked. No need to bad mouth him for doing what he feels is right for him, because we all know, at least you should know, that these guys, all of them, have bigger aspirations in basketball. If he feels he needs a better situation and transfers in a respectable manner, then I have no problem with it.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

EITSwarrior wrote:Don't see how him leaving now hurts the team on the court. He wasn't playing much anyway and he and Ganot have not clicked. No need to bad mouth him for doing what he feels is right for him, because we all know, at least you should know, that these guys, all of them, have bigger aspirations in basketball. If he feels he needs a better situation and transfers in a respectable manner, then I have no problem with it.
transferring at this point in the season is not respectable to me.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

kalua pig wrote:
EITSwarrior wrote:Don't see how him leaving now hurts the team on the court. He wasn't playing much anyway and he and Ganot have not clicked. No need to bad mouth him for doing what he feels is right for him, because we all know, at least you should know, that these guys, all of them, have bigger aspirations in basketball. If he feels he needs a better situation and transfers in a respectable manner, then I have no problem with it.
transferring at this point in the season is not respectable to me.
Well he hasn't transferred yet, he just requested and was granted his release from the team. He's still in school completing his schoolwork.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

One thing is obvious: I'd hate for this to ruin the team's chemistry!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Isaac Fleming wrote:I have to do what's best for me!
That pretty much sums it up.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

a quote for the Twitter generation

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote:"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

a quote for the Twitter generation
While I agree that people should be careful what they put on social media, I don't have a problem with someone defending ones self from "gossip" that's the masses believe to be fact, which I've seen all often unfortunately.

Was that the case in this instance? No, but I'm glad Flemming got ahead of the rumors and gossip by posting on Twitter.