*** Official Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Thread ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
BowTow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Neil Diamond - to be inducted into RRHOF

Post by BowTow »

Is Triumph in the ROR? :D

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

BowTow wrote:Is Triumph in the ROR? :D
:lol: :lol: No....there are a Canadian cheap imitation of RUSH...and RUSH just got in the RRHOF!!
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Surprised America isn't in. Or maybe I shouldn't be considering who else is not in.
ImageImage

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Irse wrote:Surprised America isn't in. Or maybe I shouldn't be considering who else is not in.
:o America not even nominated...ever!!!! Chicago not even nominated...ever!!! BUT GREEN DAY IS FRKN IN!!!! WTF!!!! ARGHHHHH! :roll:

Do I think IRON MAIDEN has a chance? Not in a 666 chance in hell!! :lol: :lol: :x :wink:
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

The ROR HOF is a complete farce. They only vote their friends in. Journey not even nominated. But Green Day is in. FARCE!
I am the one who knocks.

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

808Hawaii wrote:Not in the HOF:
Deep Purple
Bon Jovi
War

Never been nominated:
Pat Benetar
Chicago
Moody Blues
Def Leppard
Motley Crue
Steve Miller
Whitney Houston
Janet Jackson
Jim Croce
Duran Duran
Doobie Brother
The Cars
The B-52s
INXS
Peter, Paul and Mary
Electric Light Orchestra
Dire Straits
Carpenters
How does Ringo Starr, Joan Jett and green Day get into the RRHOF? SMH.
I am the one who knocks.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

808Hawaii wrote:
Deep Purple
Bon Jovi
War

Never been nominated:
Pat Benetar
Chicago
Moody Blues
Def Leppard
Motley Crue
Steve Miller
Whitney Houston
Janet Jackson
Jim Croce
Duran Duran
Doobie Brother
The Cars
The B-52s
INXS
Peter, Paul and Mary
Electric Light Orchestra
Dire Straits
Carpenters
How does Ringo Starr, Joan Jett and green Day get into the RRHOF? SMH.
I was watching "THAT METAL SHOW" with Kirk Hammett (Metallica) and the legendary Guitar GOD Michael Schenker (UFO, Scorpions( original line up), MSG,etc) who will have NO CHANCE to get in the RRHoF. The two of them played, and it dawned on me the Mastery of their musicianship is what I enjoy of great ROCK,METAL,etc Guitarists. Hammett and METALLICA are in the RRHOF,and deservedly so, and yet a BAND like GREEN DAY is in...before a MASTERs like MIchael Schenker, Jeff Lynne, Ric Ocasik(CARS), Mick Mars, Richie Blackmore, and I could go on...but it's pointless. Now, I like the GREEN DAY song "Time of your life"...great song with a deep meaning....but I like IRON MAIDEN's "Hallow be thy NAME" too!!! :lol: :lol: :wink: :roll:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

808Hawaii wrote: How does Ringo Starr, Joan Jett and green Day get into the RRHOF? SMH.
SO....I watched the RRHoF on HBO, and the show was great...it ended with a Star-studded line up for RINGO STARR, which had a great deal of legendary rockers ( Paul McCartney, Joe Walsh, Dave Grohl, Yeah, yeah, YEAHS, Green Day, etc)...it was really great entertainment, but I still don't get the GREEN DAY in the Hall?!!! :x :oops: :-({|= [-X :roll:

808Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference

Post by 808Hawaii »

Again, how can Journey not be in the HOF?
I am the one who knocks.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Deep Purple
Chicago
Steve Miller
Cheap Trick
N.W.A
:hello1: :wav: :ghug: NOT anymore! The 2016 CLASS of the ROCK AND ROLL HALL of FAME! Finally! DEEP PURPLE IS IN!! WAHOO good times!! \:D/

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

808Hawaii wrote:Again, how can Journey not be in the HOF?
:D With the inclusion of CHEAP TRICK in the RRHOF, I think it's just a matter of time, in FACT, JOURNEY will be eligible for the HALL next year (INFINITY was released in 1976)...... \:D/

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I guess they inducted Green Day to please their fanbase that's full of crowd-following teens who only listen to them to fit in! If they induct Blink 182 before Billy Idol (or induct Blink 182 AT ALL), that'd be a shame. Resist the urge to please crowd-following teens!
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

gopunahou wrote:I guess they inducted Green Day to please their fanbase that's full of crowd-following teens who only listen to them to fit in! If they induct Blink 182 before Billy Idol (or induct Blink 182 AT ALL), that'd be a shame. Resist the urge to please crowd-following teens!
:read: Great point....so I can't imagine the crowd for NWA and DEEP PURPLE in the same Banquet room on this event... :o :lol: 8)

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

One sad thing to report: a band that AIN'T part of the RRHOF, Motorhead, lost its drummer and yesterday, its signature singer, Lemmy. RIP.

It'd be sad if those deaths (especially Lemmy's) convince the RRHOF to put Motorhead in their rightful place in the RRHOF.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

gopunahou wrote:One sad thing to report: a band that AIN'T part of the RRHOF, Motorhead, lost its drummer and yesterday, its signature singer, Lemmy. RIP.

It'd be sad if those deaths (especially Lemmy's) convince the RRHOF to put Motorhead in their rightful place in the RRHOF.
:-? While I'll agree that Motorhead belongs....they should be standing in line. It took a very long time for DEEP PURPLE to get in, and I feel IRON MAIDEN is justly due to get in....Lemmy was 70 years old, and he will be remembered ....like the ACE of SPADE! Long live Motorhead! \:D/ :wink: