Peterson to UW

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Peterson to UW

Post by J-Rod »

The reports of Boise State's demise continue to appear to be exaggerated.

4-star QB is Boise bound....

http://boisestate.scout.com/a.z?s=336&p ... id=6614753

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

One year to date of Petersen leaving Boise, the Broncos win the MW and are headed to a 3rd Fiesta Bowl. Program is bigger than one individual.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Dang, I thought were headed for a down year, man was I wrong.
Congrats to Boise St Athletic Department for doing what's needed to keep the machine rolling..

chawan_cut
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by chawan_cut »

they are still living off of Peterson's players, and they had continuation by keeping the OC. we'll see tho. the way head coaches are a premium, he might not stay long either. and the MWC was weak this year except for CSU, and they just lost their coach, so boise didn't have much to worry about in the conference.
Go Warriors! Go Na Wahine!

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

chawan_cut wrote:they are still living off of Peterson's players, and they had continuation by keeping the OC. we'll see tho. the way head coaches are a premium, he might not stay long either. and the MWC was weak this year except for CSU, and they just lost their coach, so boise didn't have much to worry about in the conference.
That is all true to some extent, but Harsin and his staff are actually recruiting way better than Petersen ever did (hell, still does...his UW class is average by Pac-12 standards). Harsin has gotten the commitments from four 4-Star players in the last two years, and might nab two more soon. He already has a commit from the highest-rated QB to ever commit to a Go5 school (Moore, Carr, Brennan were previous highest).

Time will tell, but if they keep recruiting like THAT, the best of Boise has yet to come.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

BigWave96744 wrote:Dang, I thought were headed for a down year, man was I wrong.
Congrats to Boise St Athletic Department for doing what's needed to keep the machine rolling..
:( Maybe, you thought HAWAII couldn't go down any lower, huh? :x
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
BigWave96744 wrote:Dang, I thought were headed for a down year, man was I wrong.
:( Maybe, you thought HAWAII couldn't go down any lower, huh? :x
But, hey, Hawaii did beat Wyoming. :roll: Gawd, I feel sick for saying that.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

wyokie wrote:
But, hey, Hawaii did beat Wyoming. :roll: Gawd, I feel sick for saying that.
:wink: Could be worse...oh yes, you did lose to Colorado ST. :lol: :lol: !
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

RATS :evil:
I meant to say, "I thought THEY were headed for a down year" :oops:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

Broncos go 12-2, now have more NY6 bowls than the whole SEC does.

Meanwhile, Chris Petersen goes 8-6 with a team that had several All-Americans.

Geez, Boise coaches are cancer outside of Boise. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time, and man we're just stupid now.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

J-Rod wrote:Bro Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time, and man we're just stupid now.
:lol: Sounds like the title and story line for Wyokie!! :lol: :lol:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Bro Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time, and man we're just stupid now.
:lol: Sounds like the title and story line for Wyokie!! :lol: :lol:
:roll:

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

J-Rod wrote:Broncos go 12-2, now have more NY6 bowls than the whole SEC does.

Meanwhile, Chris Petersen goes 8-6 with a team that had several All-Americans.

Geez, Boise coaches are cancer outside of Boise. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time, and man we're just stupid now.
I'm giving CP 2 more seasons to complete for a PAC12 championship. If he pulls a Dan Hawkins, he is welcomed to apply as a future Hawaii coach :lol:

J-Rod
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by J-Rod »

BigWave96744 wrote: I'm giving CP 2 more seasons to complete for a PAC12 championship. If he pulls a Dan Hawkins, he is welcomed to apply as a future Hawaii coach :lol:
It might be a rough ride. Huskies lose more talent than 95% of college football next season, including their entire front 7 that included three All-Americans. UW is quietly a darkhorse to finish dead last in the Pac-12 next fall.

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

[quote="BigWave96744"
I'm giving CP 2 more seasons to complete for a PAC12 championship. If he pulls a Dan Hawkins, he is welcomed to apply as a future Hawaii coach :lol:[/quote]

:o WOW...I would have his head examined if he applied for HAWAII.....the dude has been frugal about his coin...and his going to live cheap in Hawaii? :- YEAAAAAAH NOT GONNA HAPPEN! :lol: